still going strong dispite bad news!!

tinksgilrs08

Original Poster
Hello all,

I usually am in the planning area but I really have no questions at this time but I am in the process of planning a huge camping trip with family and friends. But anyways as some of you may remember my husband was the one that was in the accident at work and his wrist was crushed. We thought everything was fine until we went in for a follow-up visit and was faced with the ultimate decision..... We have to decide whether or not we want to keep dealing with the pain and hopeing that the nerves wake up basiclly or make the decsion to amputate his hand .... As of right now he has a non- functional hand ... but we are still camping i 2009 and still enjoy being Disney fans up here in the north...I love the planning part of the trip becuase belive it or not its like my escape from what I have to deal with on a day to day basis. So the post that is located here about planning kepp doing it becuase it reminds me that wishes do come true and that ther eis hope out there and that everyday is a gift escoecailly when i know that there is a place out there that can make everything better.:wave:

mickey&me

So sorry for your troubles. I am praying for your husband and for you.

Keep looking for bright spots (like your trip). They're what keep life from being too depressing.

God bless!

MSTINKHERBELL01

I am so sorry to hear about your hubby. Things could always be worse. I comforted myslef with that phrase when I was involved in a car accident resulting from a drunk driver. I lost what I thought was everything....my health, my job, my car, my sanity. But there was and always is someone out there worse off than you so be grateful.

I do hope that your hubby is well soon. And hugs to you both!

Samantha

DisneyBuffinDE

I'm very sorry to hear about your dilema and I keep you in my thoughts. Sometimes these things can seem very trying and know that you are only given what you can handle. My mother was very ill and had to make the same decision except with her leg. Through it all I kept thinking of ways we could take her to disney because she had never been. The bad part is that she passed away before I was able to get her to disney. She was 60 and I was 29, I'm 32 now. So keep the hope alive and take the trip it will help you enjoy life and put the dilemas on a back burner. :animwink:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Amputation is a hard decision. I wouldn't presume to suggest which way he should go, but as an amputee myself I will tell you that he can live a full and productive life without one of his hands, should it come to that.

I had amputations to all four extremities 16 years ago, mainly fingers and toes, but my right hand was amputated mid-palm. I work, play golf, volleyball and baseball, drive a car and generally do anything I did before. There are amazing prosthetics available to assist him if he chooses. I have a 'hook' that I only use occasionally and a myoelectric hand that I use even less.

I wish him the best in whatever he decides, just know that he doesn't stop being who he is just because they cut bits and pieces off.

santa's surpriz

That is very unfortunate....the midwest gloomy weather does not help much either. My prayers are with you and your family.

Focus on Disney...it is a good distraction for you both. By the time your trip comes around, regardless of your husband's outcome, it will be well deserved !

smk

Amputation is a hard decision. I wouldn't presume to suggest which way he should go, but as an amputee myself I will tell you that he can live a full and productive life without one of his hands, should it come to that.

I had amputations to all four extremities 16 years ago, mainly fingers and toes, but my right hand was amputated mid-palm. I work, play golf, volleyball and baseball, drive a car and generally do anything I did before. There are amazing prosthetics available to assist him if he chooses. I have a 'hook' that I only use occasionally and a myoelectric hand that I use even less.

I wish him the best in whatever he decides, just know that he doesn't stop being who he is just because they cut bits and pieces off.

I admire your attitude.

maryszhi

i will pray for him, something i learned is miricals happen and that things can change. hope u will still have fun at disney, and i also hope all goes well with ur husband.....which is more important

lcsrig

Keep a positive attitude, not just for this but in life in general. I have watched it have a profound change in my life! Life has given you lemons...make lemonade!
I will keep good thoughts for you and your family! Enjoy planning as I know it will keep your mind on Disney!
Take care!

jody31

I hope that the hand gets better
There's an expression that laugther is the best medicine , so a WDW holiday might be beneficial in that regards
...Jody

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom