Steven Tyler No Longer "Loves" That Idea, He Only "Likes" It

NelsonRD

Omg, :facepalm:

He's saying he believes neither behavior is worse than the other and that he's ok with both.

I hope this is a typo and you meant the reverse o_O

No, I am not ok with either, if you bothered to read any of my posts.

But, maybe everybody else is right, and I am just an old man not keeping up with the times, so maybe we should make these changes too?

- The Bibbity Bobbity Boutique should start selling hooker boots.
- Laugh Foor to a strip club.
- Blizzard Beach to topless beach.
- Jungle Cruise to a swingers cruise.
- Big Thunder to Big Breast Mountain.
- Enchanted Tales with Belle to Sexual Confessions with Belle.
- Mad Tea Party to sausage party.
- Swiss Family Treehouse to the Swiss Family Brothel.
- The Many Adventures of Poo to The Many Adventures of Miley Cyrus.

How is that for a start?

Last edited:

Mike S

Educate me then, where did I ever imply that I was ok with both childish gestures, and obscene language on Disney attractions?
I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about @AJH219. He's ok with it and to be honest I am too. Steven Tyler isn't a spokesman for Disney and he can post whatever reaction to this that he wants to.

That's where your reading comprehension failed.

NelsonRD

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about @AJH219. He's ok with it and to be honest I am too. Steven Tyler isn't a spokesman for Disney and he can post whatever reaction to this that he wants to.

That's where your reading comprehension failed.

Fair enough, I interpreted neither - as in neither of it was acceptable, opposed neither of them bother her.
Either way, Disney, and it's supporters, always hold them to a higher standard, and there should be more respect to the Disney organization for making you the face of one of the better attractions at Walt Disney World. That doesn't make me a uptight, old man, with no sense of humor.

Mike S

Fair enough, I interpreted neither - as in neither of it was acceptable, opposed neither of them bother her.
Either way, Disney, and it's supporters, always hold them to a higher standard, and there should be more respect to the Disney organization for making you the face of one of the better attractions at Walt Disney World. That doesn't make me a uptight, old man, with no sense of humor.
He did say this at the end,
SEE YOU NEXT WEEK...HERE'S TO THE GREATEST RIDE AT DISNEY

EPCOTCenterLover

I'm no Puritan, and I never noticed the gesture. That said, these are family parks. I do get tired of hearing the f-bomb dropped so often, especially in the MK with so many little kids around. Shows a tremendous lack of class from some of the guests to do so.

Last edited:

Steel City Magic

I'm no Putitan, and I never noticed the gesture. That said, these are family parks. I do get tired of hearing the f-bomb dropped so often, especially in the MK with so many little kids around. Shows a tremendous lack of class from some of the guests to do so.
Been quite a long time since most guests at the park had any 'class' I'm afraid.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I saw it once a few years ago for the first time. Never saw it any other time though.

We saw him in there this past May. Each of us commented on how we had never seen it before. We asked the CM if that was a new thing and the CM stated that it is an on/off thing.

Seabasealpha1

(maybe someone's made these cracks already...)

austinpowers1.jpg

The real shocker is that it took this long for anyone to notice and complain.

That Disney would spend this kinda money to correct a twenty-year old mistake is a shocker for everyone...

That the three imagineers in charge would let this one go is a real shocker.

In fact, if I were their boss, I'd have two of them written up and one spending a night in jail. That's right! Two in the ink and one in the clink!

I thank you!

Mike S

(maybe someone's made these cracks already...)

austinpowers1.jpg

The real shocker is that it took this long for anyone to notice and complain.

That Disney would spend this kinda money to correct a twenty-year old mistake is a shocker for everyone...

That the three imagineers in charge would let this one go is a real shocker.

In fact, if I were their boss, I'd have two of them written up and one spending a night in jail. That's right! Two in the ink and one in the clink!

I thank you!
Bravo!!!

I've loved that movie since I was a kid :hilarious:

DisneyCane

The reason I think this "edit" is so stupid and unnecessary is because any kid that recognizes what that gesture is will not be scarred by seeing it. It's not a common thing like giving somebody the finger that is obvious and known to pretty much everybody over the age of 6. I had ridden countless times and never even noticed what he was gesturing. If he was grabbing his crotch or something it would have been bad to have in a family park. The "shocker" especially done in the manner he did it isn't very obvious or noticeable.

Bocabear

I always thought it was the sign language "love" symbol because he does it right as he says "I love that idea"... I think someone should actually ask Steven what his intent was and I am sure he did not mean it as a subversive sexual symbol... just what someone is reading into it...

grim-grinning_toast

I always thought it was the sign language "love" symbol because he does it right as he says "I love that idea"... I think someone should actually ask Steven what his intent was and I am sure he did not mean it as a subversive sexual symbol... just what someone is reading into it...

The ASL sign for love is the middle finger and the ring finger bent with the thumb, pointer, and pinky extended. So, it's not that. But you're exactly right that everyone is reading into it WAY TOO MUCH. And it is hilarious.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

But, maybe everybody else is right, and I am just an old man not keeping up with the times, so maybe we should make these changes too?

How is that for a start?
#wheredoibook

Launchpad McQuack

I first became aware of "the gesture" in 1998. I know that because that was my freshman year in high school, and a couple of the girls I was friends with at the time said that particular service was offered to them by a really creepy senior guy. They kindly declined his offer. That said, having ridden this attraction maybe dozens of times since then, and even reenacting that exact part of the preshow, I somehow never made the connection until this story broke.

How is that for a start?
https://www.google.com/search?q=str...hUKEwiFjLLj9tfOAhWC5CYKHaMPA_wQ_AUIBigB&dpr=1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom