steel plate on Main St at MK

teebin

Original Poster
I will be shocked if anyone here knows the answer to this but here goes...
Why is there a huge 4 ft by 20 ft steel plate bolted to the middle of Main St at the MK? it actually covers a small part of the trolly track making part of it unuseable. It looks like it might have been there for a while. Has it?

WDWCMAmanda

Why is there a huge 4 ft by 20 ft steel plate bolted to the middle of Main St at the MK? it actually covers a small part of the trolly track making it unuseable. It looks like it might have been there for a while. Has it?

Actually the trolly track is still completely useable...in fact it was running the other day.
I have no idea why that plate is there though....sorry

vmkaddict

I saw that there on the 16th.......no idea what it is......it was definitly covering the rails though......maybe they use it as a bridge of sorts to roll something accross the tracks.

Chape19714

I have no idea why it was there, but I do agree it was there. It could simply be some re-surfacing underneath. The trolly has to be usable for the Trolly show and for the barbershop quartet. HOWEVER, both of these groups have a back up show which utilizes the double-decker bus as an alternernative to the trolly.

cullama213

i work for the large power company in central florida, and i can tell you that a large steel plate in the ground usually does signify a "pull box" with cables in it... i will be at the MK tomorrow and i will take a look at it...

theRIOT

If it is temporary they really can't make their minds up about how long. It has been there for quite some time. I know it was there in march of 05. I've also seen it on my many trips since then, about every 6 motnhs or so.

It might just be Walt buried under there ...:p

Sorry. Someone was going to say it. Right?

Bill Smugs

Maybe they replaced the Concrete under it and put it there so no one steps in wet concrete. When I was down in febuary i saw a similar site in fronterland. They moved it for the parade and then returned it after.

The Mak

Maybe they replaced the Concrete under it and put it there so no one steps in wet concrete. When I was down in febuary i saw a similar site in fronterland. They moved it for the parade and then returned it after.

When I was down last week, a section of Main Street was in fact, repaved. The section of street was roped off and 2 cast members were directing traffic around it.

Tim G

Why is there a huge 4 ft by 20 ft steel plate bolted to the middle of Main St at the MK? it actually covers a small part of the trolly track making part of it unuseable. It looks like it might have been there for a while. Has it?
One of the new missile silos...

majortom1981

sounds dumb

Thats why I was originally asking but then I looked at a video I took of me walking down mainstreet from my recent trip and it is inbetween the trolley tracks and is not very wide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom