steel plate on Main St at MK

optjay

MY two cents:

Any repairs to the Street car rails that would need to have an excavation open for any length of time would need a steel cover for the parade floats to pass over, due to their weight. A simple street repair in the parade floats route would need the same.

AliciaLuvzDizne

I have no idea why it was there, but I do agree it was there. It could simply be some re-surfacing underneath. The trolly has to be usable for the Trolly show and for the barbershop quartet. HOWEVER, both of these groups have a back up show which utilizes the double-decker bus as an alternernative to the trolly.
they've been using the bus lately. i dont think i've seen the trolly in at least a week.

i'll try to pay attention today

Tiggerfanatic

i work for the large power company in central florida, and i can tell you that a large steel plate in the ground usually does signify a "pull box" with cables in it... i will be at the MK tomorrow and i will take a look at it...
I work for a large utility in PA - we have some of your ex-employees - any chance you might want them back??:hammer:

CatLady

I made a point to look for the plate at MK today, but I didn't have my camera with me. On the way back out of MK, I noticed that part of the sidewalk along Main Street was plywood painted the color of the surrounding cement. Sure enough, when I looked, it was directly next to the metal plate in the middle of Main Street. This is very close to the one remaining alleyway branching off of Main Street. The end of the alleyway has a well-painted scrim, indicating that there is work going on back there.

I'm not sure if any of the three of these are related, but I noticed that they are all very close to each other.

Figment1986

well, they have been replacing the broken concrete on mainstreet sidewalks, i dont know about the pavement for the roads...

but this sounds like standard major referbishing...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I didn't think it was important enough to mention....

The trolley track switch in front of the Main Street Bakery will undergo repairs beginning after Park close on Tuesday, September 12 through Wednesday, September 27.
During this time, the Main Street Trolley Show will perform with the Omni Bus. In addition, the trolley and horse-drawn carriages will not be available for Guest use during this time. The regular Trolley Show and horse-drawn carriages will return to normal operation the morning of Thursday, September 28

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom