Staying at two resorts

MCRRBA

So trying to book a trip between Feb 5 and 15 (10 days)would like to use the book 7 pay for 4 deal, but would like to try staying at two different resorts. Any suggestion on the best way to do this and if it is possible will disney move the bags to the other resort?
Thanks

brent2124

You would have to stay at one resort for 7 days and the other for 3. If your booking at a value resort its pay for 5 get 2 free. They will move your bags for you if you dont have a car.

Upvote 0

heartodisney

This is such a tough choice, I have debated this also, but just remmeber, if you do change, think of time lost at one of the parks by moving, even though they move your bags. Hopefully you could be at a character b-fast during this, but I imagine you still have to be at the desk to check out of one and then at the next desk to check in. I am sure Master Yoda would know this or many of the Kingdom Konsults will answer!

Upvote 0

disneypearl

So trying to book a trip between Feb 5 and 15 (10 days)would like to use the book 7 pay for 4 deal, but would like to try staying at two different resorts. Any suggestion on the best way to do this and if it is possible will disney move the bags to the other resort?
Thanks

I am glad that you asked this because I would like an answer also. I will be switching resorts during my trip in Jan. and have never done this before. I will be starting off at Coronado Springs the first few nights and then going to Pop Century. I will not have a car so that may make it more difficult. Will Disney move the bags? :shrug:

Upvote 0

Rob562

I am glad that you asked this because I would like an answer also. I will be switching resorts during my trip in Jan. and have never done this before. I will be starting off at Coronado Springs the first few nights and then going to Pop Century. I will not have a car so that may make it more difficult. Will Disney move the bags? :shrug:

Bell Services will move the bags. Simply call Bell Services and ask to get your luggage picked up from your room. Tell them you're transferring to another resort, and they'll tag them for transfer to your second hotel. A few hours later they'll be delivered to your second hotel. After you check in, you can call Bell Services from your room and they'll deliver the bags.
(I'd suggest tipping the baggage handlers at both ends of the transfer.)

As for transportation from one hotel to the other for yourself and your family, you're on your own. While you *could* take a taxi, it's not necessary. Simply head to a park for the day, and then in the afternoon head to your second hotel using Disney Transportation and check in.

-Rob

Upvote 0

disneypearl

Bell Services will move the bags. Simply call Bell Services and ask to get your luggage picked up from your room. Tell them you're transferring to another resort, and they'll tag them for transfer to your second hotel. A few hours later they'll be delivered to your second hotel. After you check in, you can call Bell Services from your room and they'll deliver the bags.
(I'd suggest tipping the baggage handlers at both ends of the transfer.)

As for transportation from one hotel to the other for yourself and your family, you're on your own. While you *could* take a taxi, it's not necessary. Simply head to a park for the day, and then in the afternoon head to your second hotel using Disney Transportation and check in.

-Rob

Thank you! :)

Upvote 0

Hannah Montana

We switched from the Yacht Club to the Poly last December and it was so easy and pain-free. The bell hops picked up our bags in our room at the Yacht Club in the morning and they were all at the Poly by the time we checked in that afternoon. I know you have other decisions to make as far as booking with the special, but as far as physically switching resorts Disney makes it very easy.

Upvote 0

Doug7856

We just did this! We spent 3 nights at Pop Century and 6 nights at Saratoga Springs. It was very easy to do. Bell services will pick up the baggage and will deliver them to your room after your room is assigned. We packed two bags one for the first hotel and one for the second hotel so packing and moving was minimal.

Very easy to do and very little time involved.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Just an added suggestion, for your own potential benefit, and feel free to ignore it.

If at all possible, instead of packing one or two bags per family member, pack one or two bags with what the entire family will need for the first 3 nights, apart with stuff you can use the rest of the week. Make the first resort the shorter stay. This way, the night before you move on to Resort #2, there will be less to REpack.

The exception to this advice would be if you did something comparable to what we did one trip - split up a 10 night vacation with 7 nights in a studio room (at the Wilderness Lodge Villas), followed by 3 nights in a 1-Bedroom villa (at the Boardwalk). Every time we were in the 1BR villas, we threw another load of laundry in the washer and/or dryer, and by the time we were ready to checkout, everything was clean except the prior nights' pajamas. It also allowed us to pack less, without having to spend an afternoon hovering over a laundry room, rolls of quarters at the ready, staring down anybody thinking about checking to see if our loads were almost done so they could start theirs.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Thanks

It's great you wish to stay at two of Disney's Resorts, however please keep in mind this would require you to book two separate reservations. This means you will have two separate reservation numbers, pay two separate deposits, and if you wish to book your stays as vacation packages you would need to purchase two separate tickets (one per package) for each guest in the room.

With the 7 for 4 offer you purchase a 4 night vacation package (room plus 4 day tickets) and will get up to 3 additional nights free at the same resort plus up to 3 free additional days on your ticket. You must stay in the same room and resort for the full 7 nights to take advantage of this great offer. This offer includes select rooms types at each of Disney's Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts, as well as the Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campgrounds.

For Guests wishing to stay at a Value Resort, you will need to purchase a 5 night vacation package (room plus 5 day tickets) and will get up to 2 additional nights free at the same resort plus up to 2 free additional days on your ticket.

The campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campgrounds are not included in either promotion.

As with any discount marketing offer, the number of rooms available for this offer is limited and can sell out at any time. This offer must be booked prior to December 20, 2009 and includes only select travel dates from 11/1/09 - 12/24/09 and 1/3/10 - 3/27/10.

Upvote 0

MCRRBA

Original Poster
Booked the BCV for three days than PORS for seven. My wife and sons are very excited because we have always wanted to stay at a deluxe resort, but could not rationalize the extra cost since the moderates are also nice and easily fulfill our needs.
I am the bigger disney fan and had to convince my wife it was time to go back. Now that I booked the BCV she is more excited than I am.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom