Staying at POFQ????

lovestheears

We just got back from staying at POR. The rooms were great. If POFQ is anything like POR, you'll be in heaven. Transportation varied from day to day, depending on where the crowds were going. The busses pick up the guests at POFQ first then head to POR where there are 4 stops. Some times there would be multiple busses going to the same place. If you're going Downtown, take the boats. Hope you have a great time. We won't be staying anywhere else the next time we go.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

snowhyte

We stayed at POFQ in February and loved it! We can't wait to go back there. The resort is small and quaint and has a really nice atmosphere. We found transportation on the busses to be very good. When a bus was full there was always another one right behind it. We were there at a busy time (President's week) and had no complaints about the busses at all. The boat to downtown disney is also really nice and even the bus ride is pretty short. We like to go to DTD almost every night, so this is a big thing. The food court is small and the wait was quite long for getting our food- fortunately we only ate there twice. Since it is right next to Riverside you can walk around that resort too or use the pools. Great resort- give it a try!

Upvote 0

PrincessMagic

We absolutely love pofq. We have stayed there for the past three years, and going for our fourth this August. The bus system is great, we share busses with POR, and FQ guests are picked up first so you don't have to worry about room on the bus.
We love the location and the size, no matter where you are staying within the resort you're never too far away from anything. The boat to DTD is great also. One of the only disadvantages IMO is that there isn't a full service restaurant, but that obviously isn't a deal breaker for us and boatwrights is right next door @ POR.

Have fun and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

POFQ is great - transport to the parks is good, boats to DTD are great. Rooms are ok - a bit on the small side, but then when you're out in the parks all day it doesn't really matter

Upvote 0

TTFN-Tiggger

I stayed there last Nov/Dec and enjoyed the resort. Rooms were nice. Quaint resort. Bus service was awesome! This resort shares with POR so you are the first stop on the way to the park and the first stop on the way home. I don't think I waited more than 15 minutes for any bus. That also included on the way back from the parks. I think you will be happy with your choice. Have a great trip!!:wave:

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

You'll love it. It's definitely our favorite moderate resort - we even like it more than some deluxes. The fact that it is compact makes all the difference. After walking miles and miles during the day at the parks, it's so nice to be able to have a short stroll to your room once you get off the bus.

You'll find the transportation at POFQ to be rather nice. The buses almost always pick up at this resort before going to PORiverside. Some buses will drop off at Riverside before PORQ - but I think those are only the ones coming from DTD.

The food court is fairly good - but we only eat at our resorts for breakfast.

The rooms are a fairly decent size as well. Last time we were there there was 4 adults in one room. We made it work. If it wasn't for the extra suitcases one person brought we would have been perfectly fine on space.

Have a wonderful stay! I'm sure you'll love it!

Upvote 0

pinkrose

POFQ is my favorite resort. I love the theming and it's relaxed atmosphere. I also like that it's small.

We've never had any transportation issues. I like that the busses stop there before going over to POR. No full busses when we'd board. At park closing, FQ has it's own busses going back to the resort.

The boat to DTD is very nice as well.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

This september I have booked POFQ.Is this a nice resort? How's the transportation to the parks?How are the rooms?thanks bunches!!
We stayed at POR last summer, but we did visit POFQ & it was very nice!
My kids enjoyed the pool w/ the dragon slide.
I liked the food court - good food & friendly service.
The kids even got Mardi Gras beads!
:D :wave:

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I stay nowhere but POFQ anymore - it is far and away the nicest of the Moderates -- someone said the rooms were small???? HUH???? They have the largest and nicest rooms of any of the moderate resorts.

I ditto everything about the convenience of the busses, the wonderful boat to DTD, and the general closeness of the buildings to the hub and bus stops - last thing I want to do after a long day in the parks is spend 10 more minutes walking to a hotel room.

All the rooms have refrigerators and internet service. They have a separate changing area with curtain for the bathroom area.

You will most likely love the resort as much as the rest of us. In reality, I usually don't tell people where I stay when I go to WDW, cause I don't want this resort to always get booked up. I feel like it's our private secret, and let others fight their ways into the larger Moderate resorts and leave the luxury of POFQ to those of us in the know.

Upvote 0

wickedwitchware

Original Poster
I can totally understand wanting to keep it more private!!there is a lovely resort in the white mountains that I refuse to tell anyone about...seems I always forget the name!! Thanks for making the exception!

Upvote 0
We too like this resort. We stayed there at Christmastime a couple of years ago. We had a corner room on the ground floor. It was fabulous. It was a handicap accessible room and the room was huge! We really enjoy POFQ.

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

I stay nowhere but POFQ anymore - it is far and away the nicest of the Moderates -- someone said the rooms were small???? HUH???? They have the largest and nicest rooms of any of the moderate resorts.

I ditto everything about the convenience of the busses, the wonderful boat to DTD, and the general closeness of the buildings to the hub and bus stops - last thing I want to do after a long day in the parks is spend 10 more minutes walking to a hotel room.

All the rooms have refrigerators and internet service. They have a separate changing area with curtain for the bathroom area.

You will most likely love the resort as much as the rest of us. In reality, I usually don't tell people where I stay when I go to WDW, cause I don't want this resort to always get booked up. I feel like it's our private secret, and let others fight their ways into the larger Moderate resorts and leave the luxury of POFQ to those of us in the know.

For a standard view room what building number do you recomend?

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

Buildings 2,3,4 or 5

I prefer Building 5 -- it is right across from the food court and the pool, and a quick easy walk to the bus. Buildings 3 and 4 are closest to the bus if that is a primary consideration, All 4 of these buildings form the central cluster of buildings at POFQ.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom