Staying at all resorts - which ones have you stayed at?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi all!

My DH and I had a fun conversation last night about trying to stay at all the resorts. So far, we have stayed at:

Wilderness Lodge
Grand Floridian (x3)
Yacht Club
Pop (just me)
Port Orleans Riverside (in 3 weeks)

and at Disneyland

Disneyland Hotel (just me)

Has anyone stayed at all of them? Which ones have you stayed at?

WDW1974

What a fun thread ...

I've stayed at every WDW resort EXCEPT OKW, ASMo and the three DVC resorts that opened in 2009 ... as well as the new AoA. Most of them I've stayed at mutiple times with the WL being my most nights champion (somewhere over 100 nights since 1994). Also, have done numerous Swan, Dolphin and DD Hotel Plaza stays and many off-site.

Sad thing is (and telling about what I feel the value I'm getting is) despite all of the above, two of the past three years I have not spent a single night at a WDW owned and operated resort. All about prices, quality, service and value for the money.

I once had a terrible Pixie Dust addiction, but after a long stay in rehab I can see reality again.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Many of them, inc the Polly, WL, AKL, Boardwalk all perfectly enjoyable and I still prefer the HRH. And its nothing to do with the short skirts of the servers.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Here's my list, in order from favorite to least:

Wilderness Lodge
Boardwalk
Grand Floridian
Polynesian
All Star Movies
Riverside
All Star Music
All Star Sports
Caribbean Beach
Pop Century
Yacht Club
Old Key West

Staying at Beach Club next July. I'd eventually like to stay at all the resorts just to say that I have, but I really have no interest in Contemporary or Saratoga Springs.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Many of them, inc the Polly, WL, AKL, Boardwalk all perfectly enjoyable and I still prefer the HRH. And its nothing to do with the short skirts of the servers.

I had HRH booked for next July, but changed it to Portofino. I much prefer the public areas and pool of HRH, plus it's proximity to everything, but I hate the rooms. They're kind of dull to me. Reminds me of the Contemporary. Having never stayed at Portofino and seeing how nice the rooms looked, I decided to give it a shot. Hope I don't regret it.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I had HRH booked for next July, but changed it to Portofino. I much prefer the public areas and pool of HRH, plus it's proximity to everything, but I hate the rooms. They're kind of dull to me. Reminds me of the Contemporary. Having never stayed at Portofino and seeing how nice the rooms looked, I decided to give it a shot. Hope I don't regret it.

According to UK guests it is still a very nice resort. Like all Uni/Disney resorts there is the odd glitch that comes with running at high occupancy. The styling isvery nice, though the location just a tad too far for us as we like City walk post park at its easier to stumble to the HRH. We ate at some bistro place there years ago food was excellent.

Upvote 0

need2go2wdw

Fort Wilderness (1)
Wilderness Lodge (5)
Beach Club (2)
Saratoga Springs (3)
Old Key West (3)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (6)
Boardwalk (1)
All Star Movies (1st time this Nov)

Upvote 0

DisneyJunkie

Polynesian - 3x
Wilderness Lodge - 3x (4th time in Sept)
Boardwalk Villas - 1x
Caribbean Beach - 1x
Fort Wilderness - 1x

We've never tried a value resort, primarily because they're all outdoors-facing rooms, which my wife doesn't like (it didn't bother me in the slightest). The moderates are like that too, and we gave it a shot once (Caribbean Beach) and probably wouldn't try that again either because of that, and because of the long walk just to go refill our mugs, and how long it took for the buses to circle back to our particular stop when returning from the parks. Generally our resort preference has primarily been with the MK-area resorts because we spend most of our time there. Contemporary has always been a bit too pricey for us, and we've never really had much interest in the GF.

Upvote 0
AKL Jambo house - 4
AS Movies - 2
Boradwalk Villas - 1
Beach Club - 2
Caribbean Beach - 3 or 4
Contemporay - 6
Coronado Springs - 3
GF - 2
Polynesian - 1
Old Key West - 1
PO Riverside - more times than I can count
PO FQ - 7
SSR - 1
Wilderness Lodge - 2
Wilderness Villas - 1
Yacht Club - 5
Swan & Dolphin - probably 5 or 6

Still want to try the Treehouse Villas, but we have to find some other people to go with us. Not really reasonable for just me & my husband.
That is an impressive list!!!

Upvote 0

quirkle

Agreed. I could probably spend a week just at Fort Wilderness.

I wanted to rent an RV and do the XMAS thing at FW campgrounds but was out voted by the family. The cabins were out of our budget for this trip but I loved loved loved them. Such a great experience. I think if they offered free dining during my trip next year we might switch over to the cabins.

Upvote 0

luv

Yes! I dislike HRH for the same reason - the environment! The service is fine. The pool is great. But I just don't like it much. And when you have RPH and PBH so close, I see no reason to do HRH again.

HRH is hipper and sleeker than CR, but it is the same overall general feeling!

It's always so nice to hear other people have the same small impression I do. :)

Upvote 0
I've stayed at:

Animal Kingdom Lodge(my favorite)
All star music
All star sports
Carrabean beach
Pop century
Port Orleans riverside
Wilderness lodge

I probably will never be able to stay at all the resorts(budget restrictions), but I will try if I come into big bucks!! I am impressed with many of the lists on this thread!!

Upvote 0

experiment624

My DH and I had a fun conversation last night about trying to stay at all the resorts.

I had the same aspiration at one time too, to stay at all of the resorts. I laugh at myself about it now, I gave up early in. I stayed at many of the deluxe resorts first, then Coranado for my first moderate. Coranado was nice and we liked it, but it just didn't compare to the deluxe resorts. Now I only stay at the deluxe resorts and haven't been to any of the other moderate or economy resorts.

If you do get to stay at all of them, let us know which is your favorite!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
I had the same aspiration at one time too, to stay at all of the resorts. I laugh at myself about it now, I gave up early in. I stayed at many of the deluxe resorts first, then Coranado for my first moderate. Coranado was nice and we liked it, but it just didn't compare to the deluxe resorts. Now I only stay at the deluxe resorts and haven't been to any of the other moderate or economy resorts.

If you do get to stay at all of them, let us know which is your favorite!

Hee hee will do! So far, GF is our fave with YC following. I totally understand what you mean. Even for this trip, I am excited to stay to POR but now that we are a couple of weeks out, I started longing for a Deluxe and thought maybe WL again. But its too pricey for us to do Deluxe this year. And I really am excited to try something new. I want every trip to be different. :)

Upvote 0

experiment624

I love the Portofino, Lowes is an excellent hotelier, and "Lowes loves dogs" so I get to take my little one with me when we stay there, unlike any Disney resort. Portofino is incredible for the price and offers more than I've gotten at any Disney resort.

And the onsite restaurants are the best, food was incredible. I have to eat at their restaurants when i stay there.

Upvote 0

experiment624

Hee hee will do! So far, GF is our fave with YC following. I totally understand what you mean. Even for this trip, I am excited to stay to POR but now that we are a couple of weeks out, I started longing for a Deluxe and thought maybe WL again. But its too pricey for us to do Deluxe this year. And I really am excited to try something new. I want every trip to be different. :)

I really appreciate when someone says that they want every trip to be a unique experience. Many people will try to recreate memories by doing everything the same every trip, stay at the same place, eat at the same restaurants and go to the same attractions in the same order. By doing different stuff, you make new memories. That's awesome.

Upvote 0

Kelsybelle

We've stayed at;

Polynesian 5x
Grand Floridian 1x
Animal Kingdom Lodge 1x
Wilderness Lodge 1x
Pop Century 1x
POFQ 1x
Listing the resorts brought back a flash of a memory for each of those trips, kinda fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom