Stark Industries - The Future of the MCU (Open Discussion)

kmbmw777

Original Poster
I'm debating not watching anymore trailers:bookworm: (though it will be tough to avoid images and thumbnails for it so I'll probably end up seeing the Trailer 2, but try hard to avoid clips/tv spots/etc)

The first trailer was perfection:)

It was perfect. Unfortuneately, I am going to watch every single trailer, look at every single set photo, and eventually spoil the movie for myself as I did with Ragnarok :hilarious:

kmbmw777

Original Poster
This is just me speculating, but I guess it may contain spoilers for the Avengers 4 and Avengers 3 movies:

In some set photos of filming for Avengers 4, some characters have been seen to wear some circular devices on their hands. Some people have been speculating that these devices may enable these to be able travel to various points in time and/or to travel to different 'universes' where things may be different from the presumably one universe where many things have occurred so far in MCU movies. www.youtube.com/results?q=infinity+avengers+devices

Similar things have occurred in comic books before and the character of Cable who will appear in Deadpool 2 is known for traveling through time in comic books and has been seen in set photos wearing a circular device on his wrist.

I was thinking that either or both of those characteristics regarding those devices worn in an Avengers movie could also be used for devices that park guests could wear at a park focused on the MCU/Marvel to be used as an explanation for how guests could travel within the park to various areas that are set in different geographic locations on Earth or outerspace, set in different time periods, and/or set in different 'universes'. The devices that park guests could be wearing or carrying with them in the park could actually function similarly to Magicbands. However, there might need to be some sort of physically constructed gateways that might look similar to the Stargate from the Stargate tv shows that guests would walk through when going from an area in the park set in one time period and/or geographic place to another area in the park set in a different time period and/or place. The devices people would wear or carry would still be needed when going with this thinking about gateways. If there was ever a park or section of a park focused on the 'universe' of the past X-Men and Deadpool movies, guests could wear devices that look similar to the device that Cable has been seen to wear in set photos and that might function similarly to the device I have mentioned guests could wear at a MCU/Marvel focused park.

Related to some degree, I have wondered if there has been consideration for making an area of a park similar to Sakaar from Thor: Ragnarok. The fact that there are lots of 'portals' to various places and that time works in a strange way on Sakaar according to the movie seems to mean a given character that might have died much sooner when not on Sakaar than when on Sakaar can interact with characters that might have been born much later than when this mentioned given character would have died if the given character hadn't started to live on Sakaar. Maybe there could even be portals that could take someone leaving Sakaar through either of them to areas of the same universe, but that are at different points in time after the creation of that universe. Maybe there could even be portals that could take someone leaving Sakaar through either of them to places that are considered to be in different 'universes' compared to one another. So if all of those conditions were the case and a park or an area of a park were to be created that focused on Sakaar, guests could enter the Sakaar park or section of a park and meet characters from a multiple time periods of the presumably one universe where many MCU movies have so far taken place and guests could maybe also meet characters that are from universes that different from that presumed one MCU universe.

I wonder if LucasFilm was ever considering having something similar to any of these things in movies and a theme park. Rian Johnson who directed The Last Jedi had previously made a movie that involved time travel and Colin Trevorrow who was considered to direct Episode 9 has previously directed a movie that involved time travel. Having time travel in one of those movies could then be used as the basis for the ideas involving guests and/or characters time traveling in some ways at theme park areas focused on Star Wars. Maybe it's a coincidence however. Trevorrow did direct a quite successful big budget movie with Jurassic World that had Kathleen Kennedy's husband as a producer and Kennedy has experience with some people involved with some Universal movies. So maybe information from some people who have worked with Trevorrow and his experience was influential in him being considered for some time rather than him making a movie that involved time travel.
Based on what I read, I think your idea for a theme park based on that aspect of Thor would be incredible! I would love to see you plan it out fully!

2351metalcloud

I wonder if Marvel Studios has considered having Carol Danvers appear in both the MCU and a separate mutant 'universe' (a universe similar to what I have described previously in this thread while using similar descriptions). If they decide they want to keep a mutant universe that's separated in some ways from the 'universe' seen in the main MCU movies so far, I wouldn't be surprised if they have already considered having Danvers appear in movies completely or primarily set in both of these 'universes' similar to what I have described below due to her history in comic books. It could be a way to try to tease or get people accepting of the idea of characters crossing over between universes before they have other characters or whole groups such as much of an X-Men team cross over into another universe once or even have other characters start doing it frequently.

I'll mention some things they could do that I at least might find interesting to think below.

In an upcoming movie such as Infinity War or the sequel to Infinity War, Carol Danvers could appear wearing an outfit similar to one she has worn in the comics while being associated with either the title 'Captain Marvel', 'Binary', or 'Warbird'; but the actress playing her, Brie Larson, could be wearing makeup to make her significantly older than she looks in real life. Maybe the makeup could make her look like she is 20 years or so older than people often think Larson is in the real world. The reason for doing this would be so that Larson could appear with no or little make up to make her look much older in several movies set in a mutant universe. These movies set in a mutant universe would be released after she appears in the 2019 film that's seemingly focused on Carol Danvers of which the predominant time setting seems to be in the late 90s according to some people (some people have said she has a haircut reminiscent of Jennifer Anniston's well-known haircut on Friends which did not appear in the show until 1995) and set before the time period shown in the upcoming movie such as Infinity War or the sequel to Infinity War where she would appear with make up to maker her look much older. This upcoming movie such as Infinity War or the sequel to Infinity War where she would appear with significant makeup seems like it might be predominantly set a couple years or so after Captain America: Civil War, but some people have speculated online that the sequel to Avengers: Infinity War might involve people traveling through time to various time periods for long portions of the movie.

If Danvers first appeared in the 2019 Carol Danvers focused movie and at some point in that movie was referred to by the title 'Captain Marvel' or 'Ms. Marvel' and then later appeared in the sequel to Avengers: Infinity War and is referred to by the title of 'Binary' or 'Warbird' or some other title besides 'Captain Marvel' or 'Ms. Marvel' that could create intrigue among people to see movies that might explain why she is referred to differently in different movies. Perhaps she could even have different powers and different costumes along with being referred to by different titles. Maybe if Danvers appeared in Infinity War or it's sequel and was referred to by the title 'Binary' it could kind of go along with the idea that she appears in two universes. If she just went by the title 'Captain Marvel' or 'Ms. Marvel' in movies set in both universes that could help connect in peoples minds that movies set in both universes are related to other things that have to do with creations owned by Marvel. Additionally, if she was referred to by the title 'Binary' in one or both of those movies maybe she could appear in one or more movies set in a separate mutant universe while also being referred to by the title 'Binary' and appear alongside the group in comics called the Starjammers in one or more movies.

If some or all of that stuff occurred, maybe Danvers could be brought into the seemingly singular universe the MCU movies are so far predominantly set within in order to help with a conflict with Thanos rather than helping the character Quasar with a problem to do with the Earth's sun like in comics. Quasar seemingly has done things in comics similar to going from the apparently singular universe the MCU movies are set to another universe with mutants. However, Danvers could travel to the MCU from the mutant universe without any involvement with Quasar due to her powers that have been described as involving some sort of energy that is related to "a region of space which is the exit-point of a point singularity's ultimate inward collapse out of this universe and into another." Although, maybe in the movies that sort of energy could also be related to how Quasar could travel from the MCU to a mutant universe.

I'm not sure how these ideas could relate to plans for the Dark Phoenix movie. Maybe it would take some significant and difficult-to-orchestrate changes after that movie came out to easily allow some of these things to make sense to many viewers who have seen other X-Men movies including Dark Phoenix and also seem like a good choice to do. I don't know however as I don't really know what happens in that movie specifically, what they would have to change in their plans, and what many people will think about that movie or future movies.

In the comics, Danvers develops an association with the X-Men after going into a place referred to as Limbo which is seemingly a place of strange characteristics that is separate in some manner from the rest of the universe where Danvers had lived. I imagine they wouldn't want the same strange thing that happened to Danvers in comics related to this to happen to her in movies, but in the movies that are made perhaps Danvers could leave the main MCU universe and go to some strange place separate from the rest of that universe before traveling to the mutant universe and meeting various mutants and/or the Starjammers. In comics the character named Rogue fought Danvers and was able to use some of the abilities Danvers could use as a result of this. Rogue also caused Danvers to lose some of her memories for some period of time. If it is wanted for Rogue to gain some or all of the abilities that Danvers might have in some movies, maybe Danvers could fight Rogue for some reason or even just come into contact with her for some reason and Rogue could gain some or all of Danvers' powers and cause Danvers to lose some or all of her memories for some time period. If Danvers lost some or all of her memories perhaps that could allow Danvers to appear in movies in a mutant universe without telling people in that universe that there is a different universe that she came from. I don't know if that stuff regarding her memories would be something people making the movies would want to do for some time or permanently without Danvers ever telling anyone in a mutant universe that she is from a different universe.

Something else interesting to me about having Danvers appear in movies set in a separate mutant universe is that she has a history in the comics with a group of aliens called the Brood. These aliens have some similarities to the Xenomorphs which appear in the Alien movies made by Fox. This is also the company that has made the X-Men movies. In the movies, perhaps Danvers could be targeted by the Brood in some way due to her peculiarity of being from another universe rather than her genetic material in some manner being half Kree.

Also, Larson appearing in Infinity War or the sequel to Infinity War with make up to make her look much older could seem reminiscent of Janet van Dyne appearing in the upcoming movie Antman and the Wasp after having been in the quantum realm for many years, according to what some people have said online, and while she is played by an actress who is almost 60 years old.

I want to mention some more thoughts that are kind of related to what I said above.

In comics, Carol Danvers at one point undergoes an event such that part of her genetic material is in some sense considered to be Kree genetic material. I think it's interesting to think about whether Kree in the MCU could have a history with Earth prior to the character Mar-Vell arriving on Earth. Something I thought about was whether the Kree in outer-space could be related to Atlanteans in the MCU. Some of the Kree have blue skin in the MCU. In the comics at least some of the Atlanteans have blue skin. Having the Kree be related somehow to Atlanteans could be a way to get people interested in one group to become interested in the other, maybe simplify the origins for them both, and help create a link with some people on Earth with some people in outer-space for a long period of Earth's history in the MCU. Maybe one group would be the progenitor of the other or both descended from one group and went to live in seperate places before there was any group considered to be the Kree or Atlanteans.

Given that it seems like the Inhumans movie/tv show might not be considered to be in the same canon as the main MCU movies; maybe instead of the Kree being involved with the creation of Inhumans, in the MCU the Kree could instead be involved in the creation of beings such as werewolves, vampires, cat people, mole people Bird-Men, Serpent Men, and some other creatures from legends and folk tales that have appeared in past Marvel comics (such as like what can be seen mentioned in this article: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_Races_(Marvel_Comics)). The scene in Guardians of the Galaxy where Ronan the Accuser (who is apparently a Kree) bathes in blood and executes someone has some similarity to a scene in the Blade movies. There could be some event or events where humans, Atlanteans, and/or Kree (and maybe even some Earth animals) were deliberately or not deliberately exposed one or more times to Terrigen Mist or something similar that transformed a bunch of those people into those beings I mentioned. Those beings would then reproduce presumably and beings like them would continue to exist after that in the MCU. Maybe all or some of them stop existing on Earth for some reasons some time before maybe Captain America: The First Avenger takes place.

Having these beings in the MCU could allow for some interesting things to appear in movies and tv shows that could be set maybe before Captain America: TFA. It makes for an easy explanation for where many of these beings could come from. These beings could appear in movies about Ulysses Bloodstone, Conan the Barbarian, and other characters maybe including some characters from Marvel's horror comics. In the comics apparently the Inhumans at one point were considered to be used for espionage on various planets in service of some Kree people. Perhaps in the MCU there could be planets in outer-space where there are beings like werewolves, vampires, cat people, mole people Bird-Men, Serpent Men, and/or some other creatures from legends and folk tales that have appeared in past Marvel comics. These beings could have been created on Earth presumably by some Kree people with the intention of being used for espionage on other planets regardless of whether such a thing ever ended up occurring.

Maybe some vampires in outer-space could be related to the Kree and could be why a Kree (Ronan) and vampires in Blade do something with similarities. Or perhaps vampires in the MCU could just be descended from Kree people, but maybe these vampires don't have blue skin and aren't descended from people that were exposed to something like Terrigen Mist. If there were to be vampires in the MCU that had blue skin, it might be hard for vampires in some situations to not raise suspicion among people that they might be vampires due to them having blue skin unless they could somehow do things so people don't realize they have blue skin. Additionally, there have been Kree in comics that are described as having pink or white colored skin and there were people helping Ronan getting dressed in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie that had skin that was light in color that I wouldn't say was also blue in color. Those people helping him get dressed might have been Kree people that didn't have blue colored skin which would be similar to a concept in comic books.

I think for something like this with Earthling humans and/or Kree people getting changed on Earth to be like werewolves and other things it could be more beneficial for making movies that occur in the MCU rather than in a separate mutant universe. In a separate mutant universe, there could be people with unusual characteristics for a long time on Earth due to having mutations. So there could be movies set in time periods much earlier than in modern times and have interesting things related to mutants instead.

Something else I find interesting to think about that is related to Carol Danvers is that she has a history in the comics with a location that the X-Men eventually use that is located in Australia. I wonder if it could ever appear in movies in the future and if an amusement park related exclusively to things having to do with Fox movies, exclusively with Marvel things, or having to do with both of those things and also more things could ever be built in Australia and have some sort of relation to that location mentioned in the comics. The location could also appear in one or movies as well at some point. Maybe instead of in Australia, an area of an amusement park could be built in a park outside Australia that is inspired by this base related to the X-Men.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Well after finally seeing Black Panther I have to update my ever changing list of top MCU films. One of my favorites for sure!

1. Captain America: The Winter Solider
2. Thor: Ragnarok
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Black Panther
5. Captain America: Civil War
6. The Avengers
7. Dr. Strange
8. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
9. Spider-Man: Homecoming
10. Avengers: Age of Ultron
11. Ant-Man
12. Iron Man
13. Captain America: The First Avenger
14. Thor
15. Iron Man 3
16. Iron Man 2
17. Thor: The Dark World
18. The Incredible Hulk

2351metalcloud

I wanted to post about some things I thought of that I found interesting and that I thought others might find interesting.

I was thinking about how Martin Starr was listed as playing Amadeus Cho in The Incredible Hulk movie, but also played Mr. Harrington in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Then I thought it might be interesting if someone described as Amadeus Cho appeared again in the future in the MCU. Amadeus Cho in the comics is a guy who gets powers similar to the Hulk. Then I was thinking about how Korg is a big person made out of rocks in Thor: Ragnarok. So, I was wondering if Korg might meet the Thing of the Fantastic Four in future movies or be like the Thing on the Fantastic Four.

Then later I was looking at the history of Spider-Man's comics and noticed that in one of the earliest comics Spider-Man appears, The Amazing Spider-Man #1, he tries to join the Fantastic Four. Also, I remembered that relatively recently in the comics there was a group called the Future Foundation that Spider-Man joined. This group contained the traditional members of the Fantastic Four in addition to Spider-Man and others. Maybe not coincidentally this group has a two word name where both words begin with the letter F just like the Fantastic Four. Maybe in the MCU, the Fantastic Four or one or more other people could create this group and Spider-Man and some of the traditional members of the Fantastic Four could join it. Marvel might prefer to use this name for future movies focused on a group with some of the traditional members of the Fantastic Four rather than the name Fantastic Four because obviously you could have more or fewer than four members in the group without this contrasting with the name of the group. However the group could still be called FF even if what the initials stand for changes. Perhaps, the Future Foundation could somehow be related to the September Foundation from Captain America: Civil War where Tony Stark said something about re-framing the future. Maybe some of the traditional members of the Fantastic Four could be people who received grants from the September foundation. I have read online that idea about the foundation before.

Perhaps this Future Foundation could also coincidentally have something to do with time traveling to the future and/or the past which the Fantastic Four have done in comics. I noticed in Spider-Man: Homecoming a character says that they didn't want to use a weapon to shoot them back in time. In Captain America: The Winter Soldier there was a program that tried to predict the probability of things happening in the future. Maybe this could be related somehow to time travel being invented in the MCU. I'm not sure how it could be used to do that however. Maybe it wouldn't be used to invent a way to time travel, but it seems related to the possible effects of people traveling in time.

So, after thinking about the Future Foundation and Spider-Man being in it I noticed that Ned seemed like kind of a big guy for his height compared to Spider-Man and the color of his skin in the Homecoming movie often seemed kind of similar to the color of the Thing in many comics. Then I thought about Amadeus Cho and thought about how he has some similarities to Ned in that he seems to be smart, currently young, met a superhero while they themselves didn't have superpowers, and Asian-American. I also noticed that Ned has a haircut that is similar to the one Hulk has sometimes had in comics. So, then I thought that it might be interesting if Ned got powers similar to the Hulk or Thing and could then help Spider-Man in a different way than he did in Spider-Man: Homecoming. I'm not sure how he might get powers that would be similar to the Hulk or the Thing's however.

Also, something interesting to me that appears in part of that first Amazing Spider-Man comic book is a character called the Chameleon that wears various disguises to steal things and impersonate Spider-Man. Similarly to Spider-Man joining the Fantastic Four being appealing to Marvel due to it happening in one of Spider-Man's comic, perhaps Marvel might find it appealing to have someone similar to this character appear in a movie with Spider-Man and/or some of the original members of the Fantastic Four. This character happens to have some similarity to members of the Skrull aliens. There have been some people excited online over there being rumors that Skrulls will appear in future MCU movies. The Fantastic Four have a history with the Skrulls in their comics. So, maybe it could be pretty appealing to Marvel to have a character similar to the Chameleon also due to this. A character similar to the Chameleon that is a Skrull alien could appear in one or more movies with Spider-Man and/or the Fantastic Four in the future as a result of these things.

I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel has already considered much of this stuff given that some of this stuff happened in the first Amazing Spider-Man comic and the first comic in a series is often considered to be iconic or at least are popular and sought after among comic book collectors. Also I wouldn't be surprised due to them deciding to introduce a big guy made of rocks in Thor: Ragnarok rather than make a different character to be friends with Thor besides Korg in that movie. If they did that then Thing could be the first big guy made of rocks to be a main character in the MCU rather than Korg and it might seem more interesting when Thing would appear in a movie because people wouldn't be as used to seeing someone made of rocks as a main character. So they might already be planning not to have someone described as being Ben Grimm and the Thing in the MCU in the future. Also, it's interesting to me that maybe intentionally Ned and Ben Grimm have very similar first names and that the Amadeus Cho, Ganke Lee (an Asian-American that is friends with a version of Spider-Man in some recent comics), and the Future Foundation group were all created relatively recently.

The Hulk and Spider-Man seem to have tended to be the some of the most popular characters among young boys at least before Iron Man came out. Hulk and the Thing seem kind of similar, but the Hulk seems to be more popular. If the MCU had a character that looked similar to them both, but was smart like Bruce Banner and maybe got his powers from Bruce Banner; it might allow them to have a character that's similar to the Thing, but that might be more popular. So due to Peter and Ned being friends it's makes some sense to have a version of the Hulk and Spider-Man in movies together in the future and for them to even be close friends. Like I said, it seems to me that they might be setting something like that up for future movies.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
2736823613917489.jpg

http://ew.com/movies/avengers-infinity-war-exclusive-photos/avengers-infinity-war

spacemt354

Chili's

Princess Leia

It might have had to do with who was on the covers? There were 22 characters + Thanos over 15 different covers
http://ew.com/movies/avengers-infinity-war-15-ew-covers/avengers-infinity-war-assembles

I just thought Iron Man's new armor looked the coolest.
Then add all of the supporting characters to that (Pepper, Happy, Loki, Okoye, M’Baku, Wong, Valkyrie, Maria, Everett Ross, Thunderbolt Ross- small chance there, The Collector- who will probably die first, whatever Spider-Man friend makes it into the movie) plus the four sub-villains, and the number goes into the upper 30s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom