Stark Industries - The Future of the MCU (Open Discussion)

Princess Leia

I’ve been pretty impressed with almost all of the movies and the way they’ve been released with a couple of exceptions:
  • Incredible Hulk, while a good movie, ends on such a cliffhanger, and it does bug me a little bit that Betty can’t even be mentioned?
  • Villain issues galore, but the cracks really begin to show with Malekith. There really are only a handful of good villains, which goes into my next point of...
  • Marvel and Disney keep killing off the villains that could be used at a later time if needed (like Loki). I am shocked that Red Skull never came back (when that easily could have been done for Cap 3 or maybe even Avengers 2 or 3). Both villains in Black Panther were needlessly offed. I was pleasantly surprised that the Vulture lived, and I hope Keaton can come back for a future installment.
  • Waiting too long for a Black Widow film is a major overstep. Honestly, this should have happened either right after Age of Ultron, or before Civil War (Ant-Man would still be in the middle though).
  • Doctor Strange could have been better. While it’s delightfully weird, it had some flaws (Ancient One and the villain).
In a perfect world for me, the Black Widow film would have been set in present day (with her teaching and training the New Avengers), with flashbacks to Russia and Bucky (Natasha admits to Steve that she was lying when she said that she only knew Bucky from their one encounter- instead they had a brief assassins relationship), meeting Clint, and early days at Shield. And who knows, it might still be somewhat like that.

Phase 4 (or whatever they call it) will probably end with Fantastic 4, which should be interesting. I am really curious to see where they go with their new characters. Some will have to be recast regardless (Fantastic 4, Logan), but I’m wondering what they’ll do with the rest of the X-Men... especially Storm. As much as I love Nakia, I also want to see if Disney manages to put T’Challa and Ororo together.

Twilight_Roxas

Since Disney is acquiring Fox may I suggest putting X-Men, and Fantastic Four? If TV shows in the MCU count I found this comic from Marvel that could be a tv series, but should this be on Freeform or Disney Channel as part of the MCU or a separate Marvel universe?
NewPowerPack1.jpg

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Red Skull is somewhere out in space. It would be so cool if they were able to bring him back!

And yeah I could see Avengers 4 just being a twisted time-altering storyline (that they probably don't want to spoil with a title until after Avengers 3)

And that would explain the Part 1 and Part 2 titles they had earlier...because those stories would kinda be sequential.
With all the Disney+ news today about the numerous titles to the Marvel shows I was reading back through this thread from 2017 and found this gem!

Any want the lottery numbers? Lol

spacemt354

Chili's
For some marvel fans who have been following Phase 4 like @NateD1226 @DashHaber @Disney Dad 3000

I can't help but feel this phase isn't as clear cut as some of the previous phases and perhaps is a bit too much to effectively bring all together again. I feel like eventually there will have to be multiple big team ups rather than one big 'Avengers' movie that closes out phases. Those teams being the Young/New Avengers, Thunderbolts, and possibly Midnight Suns. That's not even including Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Eternals.

It's exciting for sure but also more difficult to see how all these individual properties will effectively come together.

NateD1226

For some marvel fans who have been following Phase 4 like @NateD1226 @DashHaber @Disney Dad 3000

I can't help but feel this phase isn't as clear cut as some of the previous phases and perhaps is a bit too much to effectively bring all together again. I feel like eventually there will have to be multiple big team ups rather than one big 'Avengers' movie that closes out phases. Those teams being the Young/New Avengers, Thunderbolts, and possibly Midnight Suns. That's not even including Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Eternals.

It's exciting for sure but also more difficult to see how all these individual properties will effectively come together.
You are definitely right! The MCU has been a show for the past year. While there are some slight quality issues throughout the pieces of entertainment that have been released, it is mainly due to the pandemic. I know, I know. I sound like everybody else in this world, but it's true. Black Widow and Hawkeye are the only two projects of Phase 4 that are somewhat connected and are releasing in this same year. WandaVision and Loki only connect to DSMOM, and that is having some major problems. FATWS could be connected to Hawkeye, but we have not heard a peep about any characters in that show besides Captain America 4. Then there is Shang-Chi and Eternals which we won't probably see any of those characters again until maybe a post-credit scene or a small cameo in a movie/show.

As for the future, everything got pushed back once again. 2022 is sadly going to be a repeat of 2021 where very few things are going to be connected due to how they were released. I get it. We are creating new heroes after we said goodbye to the old ones. But come on Marvel, try a little harder. They are the biggest franchise in the world, and they are stuggling to connect all their movies and shows together.

Disney Dad 3000

Excited to see all of the various content, though I hope they don't burn through the interesting characters too quickly, though the Marvel database is ridiculous. FF4 and Xmen are still those big dangling carrots out there.

I'm with you though, I don't see a clear cut way this all ties together or at least I don't think they'll do a 10 year build up with 30 characters. Disney+ seems to be the driver for character development or new introductions and then the movies will be smaller scale team ups (not on the Infinity War or Endgame level). Spiderman and Dr Strange obviously are continuous and I have to believe that Quantumania will continue the multiverse story in some way (though it's a year later). Black Panther seems pretty stand alone. I can't believe they'll wrap up Kang the Conqueror in Quantumania as he's got history with numerous Marvel characters, especially the FF4 so figure that continues? I would guess the end credits of Ant Man 3 we see most of the Young Avengers together in some fashion and they have their own adventure outside of what the adults are doing. Maybe we get an Avengers level movie in 2025-26?

spacemt354

Chili's
Very much agree with both of you - for me it's that the low hanging inevitable fruits are vaguely announced in the distance (Fantastic Four and X-Men) which in turn also have some of the best villains that could be the next Thanos-level thread (Galactus, Dr. Doom, even Kang, etc)

But having no mention of any of these properties until at the very earliest 2024, is perplexing to me because while I'm stoked for Moon Knight and many of the other shows, it's hard to gauge how they'll impact the grander story because there hasn't been a new Nick Fury type character introduced that would bring any of these people together, and in Phase 1 that connection was established in the Iron Man Post credit scene

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom