Stark Industries - The Future of the MCU (Open Discussion)

Disney Dad 3000

In a 365 day calendar year we got...

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5th 2017
Spiderman: Homecoming - July 7th 2017
Thor: Ragnarok - November 3rd 2017
Black Panther - February 16th 2018
Avengers: Infinity War - May 4th 2018

And to think I remember just being pumped as a kid for a Toby McGuire Spider-Man movie every few years:p

I don't think I've been as excited for as many of the Marvel films in a row as I have for this batch. There's been many good ones, but that list and the anticipation I have for them (still need to see freaking GotG2!) is off the charts. Throw in Episode VIII and Han solo during the same time frame and a lot of fun stuff to look forward to.

kmbmw777

Original Poster
I don't think I've been as excited for as many of the Marvel films in a row as I have for this batch. There's been many good ones, but that list and the anticipation I have for them (still need to see freaking GotG2!) is off the charts. Throw in Episode VIII and Han solo during the same time frame and a lot of fun stuff to look forward to.
Just gonna say you also have to see wonder Woman. It was fenomenal and really could fix the whole DCEU.

The90skid

Am I the only one who is getting tired of these grandiose, dragged out cinematic universes? Is it too much to ask for a slice of life super hero movie? Captain America stopping a bank robbery? Ant Man saving the day in a hostage situation? No? ...kk, I'mma see myself out ;)

Disney Dad 3000

Am I the only one who is getting tired of these grandiose, dragged out cinematic universes? Is it too much to ask for a slice of life super hero movie? Captain America stopping a bank robbery? Ant Man saving the day in a hostage situation? No? ...kk, I'mma see myself out ;)

In honor of Adam west maybe go back and watch some of the old batman series. They were always breaking up bank robberies and jewelry heists. :)
On an odd note, apparently he was Joe Rohde's godfather at his baptism.

Miru

Talking about incorporations of characters Marvel doesn't currently hold rights to, I think:

* Fantastic Four shouldn't have a solo film; they could be supporting cast for the GOTG. To make up for it, I'm thinking the first-gen Human Torch could get a Netflix/Hulu show. A prequel to even Agent Carter filled with deaths and violence. If Fant4stic made money (a wise man said "it would have worked good without the Marvel branding"), I would try to cut a shared-rights deal.
* I believe Men in Black, Kick-..., and Kingsman can stay right where they are, as they aren't part of the MU.
* Speaking of that, I think Dinosaurs for Hire could be adapted in the Disney Animated Canon instead.
* X-Men; A deal will DEFINTELY be made for them. Distribution rights and a limited number of unrelated films to make.
* And yeah, I'd try to cut a deal concerning all the Malibu characters.

Last edited:

kmbmw777

Original Poster
My Current Ranking
  1. Guardians of the Galaxy
  2. Spiderman: Homecoming
  3. Iron Man
  4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  5. Captain America: Civil War
  6. The Avengers
  7. Ant Man
  8. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  9. Doctor Strange
  10. Captain America: The First Avenger
  11. Iron Man III
  12. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  13. Thor: The Dark World
  14. Iron Man II
  15. Thor
  16. The Incredible Hulk

spacemt354

Chili's
20292894_1900167706666459_4927026693841092089_n.png

The posters are connecting like they did for Age of Ultron 3 years ago...:eek::geek:

spacemt354

Chili's
So this isn't MCU, but looks interesting. That being said, I think I'm looking forward to Thor more actually.

I'm probably one of the minority that liked Batman v Superman and the darker tone of the universe. It feels to me like they're trying to be more Marvel. They got rid of Junkie XL and Hans Zimmer from the score to replace with Danny Elfman. Regrettably Zack Snyder had to step away for personal reasons, and was replaced by Joss Whedon who has a style that's very different than Snyder. So I wonder how much of this will be Snyder's direction. The visuals look like him but there's something about the tone and music choices that just feels off to me.

Like the shots of the dark red clouds and Aquaman/Batman jumping out of the clouds smashing parademons - that to me needs a Junkie XL, Mad Max style score booming behind it to get me pumped because that's what they've set up in the universe. I'm interested to see it mostly curious to see how drastically it's changing.

Disney Dad 3000

I'm probably one of the minority that liked Batman v Superman and the darker tone of the universe. It feels to me like they're trying to be more Marvel. They got rid of Junkie XL and Hans Zimmer from the score to replace with Danny Elfman. Regrettably Zack Snyder had to step away for personal reasons, and was replaced by Joss Whedon who has a style that's very different than Snyder. So I wonder how much of this will be Snyder's direction. The visuals look like him but there's something about the tone and music choices that just feels off to me.

Like the shots of the dark red clouds and Aquaman/Batman jumping out of the clouds smashing parademons - that to me needs a Junkie XL, Mad Max style score booming behind it to get me pumped because that's what they've set up in the universe. I'm interested to see it mostly curious to see how drastically it's changing.

I actually didn't hate BvsS either. Was it great? No, but I was entertained.
I did get kind of a marvel vibe as well from this, which it's all comic/superhero, but I wonder if they'll be roasted more "copying" the marvel look.

spacemt354

Chili's
Loki never ceases to confuse me with his motives...
He's also holding the space stone in the Infinity War trailer haha

Which leaked online and has been removed from most outlets:hungover:. I was able to catch it before it got taken down lol -- it looks incredible even in a grainy cell phone image. I understand they don't want Infinity War to overshadow the Thor trailer, but later this week once buzz for Thor dies down, if I were Marvel I would release it to the public. It's been leaked and now shown at 2 Marvel panels in a week...plus it's really hard to describe Thanos only having like one or two infinity stones and pulling pieces of a moon out of the sky. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom