Starbucks at WDW

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Starbucks is an intrusive outside franchise. TWFC should not operate licensed franchises within its themed environments. The MK is not Citywalk.

Discerning guests want originality, not the safety of the known brand.
Totally agree its not sponsors we mind its full on "franchises" coming in. Downtown Disney is where the franchises belong not in Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Coke, Nestlé, Edy's etc are in the parks BUT its not taking over competely a whole retail spot (except Club Cool lol) like the MSB. Plain and simple we don't mind sponsors at all, but we just don't want franchise locations to open up. I do not want to see a Taco Bell in Mexico at Epcot kinda thing. Lol :jawdrop::bored::rolleyes:

The Empress Lilly

Totally agree its not sponsors we mind its full on "franchises" coming in. Downtown Disney is where the franchises belong not in Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Coke, Nestlé, Edy's etc are in the parks BUT its not taking over competely a whole retail spot (except Club Cool lol) like the MSB. Plain and simple we don't mind sponsors at all, but we just don't want franchise locations to open up. I do not want to see a Taco Bell in Mexico at Epcot kinda thing. Lol :jawdrop::bored::rolleyes:
That's right. There is a huge difference between a sponsorship and a franchised location. A difference as big as an Exxon sponsored ride or an Exxon gas station.

sxeensweet

That's right. There is a huge difference between a sponsorship and a franchised location. A difference as big as an Exxon sponsored ride or an Exxon gas station.
Yep EXACTLY!!! ;) Starbucks could have "sponsored" the MSB and offer their coffee to be served , but still allow the MSB to operate as it was and with all the same food offerings the bakery once had , and leave some seating. Still remodel to configure more room for Starbucks machines, syrups etc but reopen still as the MSB that now serves Stabucks coffee like how it was with Nescafé.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

WE NEVER SAID IT WAS THE END OF DISNEY AS WE KNOW IT!!! Also most of us don't mind changes, improvements, or Starbucks , or any other corporate sponsors at all , BUT we do mind them taking the rest of all the many old loved baked goods etc (Starbucks goods are not nearly as yummy and fresh), and seating away from the "bakery" that's all!!! Geeezzzzzzzz !!!! :cautious:
OK, take a pill. Calm down, it's just a fake bakery on a fake main street. I doubt your grandfather ran it back in the day. If none of that stuff bothers you, then it wasn't you I was referring too. You might be surprised about the "freshness" of those Bakery Items as well. But, far be it from me to burst anyone's bubble.

Last edited:

sxeensweet

OK, take a pill. Calm down, it's just a fake bakery on a fake main street. I doubt you grandfather ran it back in the day. If none of that stuff bothers you, then it wasn't you I was referring too. You might be surprised about the "freshness" of those Bakery Items as well. But, far be it from me to burst anyone's bubble.
I was calm as I never will allow anyone one here to ruffle my feathers but i will defend what I did or did not say that's all. No hard feelings towards you at all. Everything I ever got was fresh to me at least and better than anything I ever got at Starbucks by far. Lol :)

acishere

I paid over $4 for that pre-sweetened ice coffee at WDW.
The MK Starbucks price for a Venti iced with a flavor shot is under $4

I think I can live with Starbucks. Some seating would be nice, but there is no giant, glowing, green sign in the middle of main street pointing at the location. Main St. isn't ruined. Then again I never really went to the bakery.

LucyK

Does anyone else feel that seeing a Starbucks chain in WDW takes the magic away somewhat?
No.

Signage is minimal if you really want to avoid it. Just suspend belief like you do with the characters, look at it and imagine it was a turn of the century grocery store and walk past it. There, now breathe.

OR... you could go in and enjoy a really neat beverage, hot or cold, and have a yummy pastry. Your choice! :happy:

Disneykidder

The round circle Starbucks symbol was barely noticeable. In fact, I had a hard time finding it. It was small. The charm of Main Street is still there. I really don't think there is anything to get really upset about. Like I said, at first I was bummed but seeing it changed my mind.

sxeensweet

The round circle Starbucks symbol was barely noticeable. In fact, I had a hard time finding it. It was small. The charm of Main Street is still there. I really don't think there is anything to get really upset about. Like I said, at first I was bummed but seeing it changed my mind.
True but Personally For me and DH it's not about the outside its how nothing we used to like inside is there anymore. It is just Starbucks that me and DH can visit at home any time with all the same food and drink offerings. Nothing special to us personally anymore that's all. Not angry about it etc just very disappointing to us to have a "franchise" in old MSB spot whether the fasad fits in or not. :(

Allym146

I was thrilled that there was a Starbucks! We all enjoyed quite a few iced caramel lattes, passion fruit teas and vanilla bean frappes:). I also brought my own instant SB iced coffee and made one every morning. We didn't make it to the Epcot SB.

I do wish there was seating inside though, I found that odd. But the style/decor was very unique and didnt scream Starbucks to me.

aeillill

Not really, I haven't seen it yet so I may change my mind once I get there, but I know there's a real demand in the parks for proper coffee. I've gone on many trips with a coffee person and the time we wasted looking for it was ridiculous, but that's my opinion as a non-coffee drinker.

I'm sad they got rid of the Main Street Bakery though, I don't understand why the 2 couldn't co-exist.

Graham9

I don't mind Starbucks as a drink, I would question if in my opinion it is 'right' to have Starbucks all over WDW, but at the end of the day and where it impacts us the most - and what really grinds me - is that it appears that in all these new Starbucks, there is no where to sit down!!!! I like to have my coffee seated with the addition of whatever muffins or cakes are available. It's a chance for a rest, check my cameras and stuff and just take a breather and think about what to do next. This was the best thing about 'Schmuckers' in Main Street MK and various other places.

matt9112

I don't mind Starbucks as a drink, I would question if in my opinion it is 'right' to have Starbucks all over WDW, but at the end of the day and where it impacts us the most - and what really grinds me - is that it appears that in all these new Starbucks, there is no where to sit down!!!! I like to have my coffee seated with the addition of whatever muffins or cakes are available. It's a chance for a rest, check my cameras and stuff and just take a breather and think about what to do next. This was the best thing about 'Schmuckers' in Main Street MK and various other places.

if your sitting your not buying....obvious problem.

flyer31

Personally, I am super excited that SB is available at WDW. There was very few places to get a good coffee and I do loves me coffee!!! Now if they could dump the gross stuff they have at the resort hotels and get a good decent coffee I would be in caffeine heaven!

tibbie

I personally hate the idea. When I heard they were putting a Starbucks on Main Street I couldn't believe it. I recently watched a DVD on the opening of Disneyland. Walt explained that Main Street was supposed to recall your typical small town Main Street at the turn of the 20th century. I'm sorry, but a Starbucks doesn't fit.

Now they're putting them in all four parks, in addition to the one they have at Team Disney. I wouldn't be surprised if they put one in Downtown Disney once Disney Springs construction is completed. Just doesn't sit well with me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom