star wars weekends how bad are they really?

momof three

We are sceduled to go to HS on the days of Star wars weekend. How bad are they? I really don't want to change my plans but will if it is horrible. We are going june2-10 if this helps not the first weekend of it. We are planning on being there sat. the 4th if this helps. thanks

Rob562

Apart from making the line for Star Tours longer than it normally would be (and probably even more-so this year with the new Star Tours 2 opening with the first Weekend), the only thing you'll notice is that the walkways and restaurants are a bit more crowded than usual. The waits for the rest of the non-Star Tours attractions are about what they'd be anyway.

Most of the extra crowds that come for SWW are in the lines for the Star Wars characters, the special merchandise locations, or the celebrity appearances and autograph sessions. If none of those interest you, you'll be fine.

-Rob

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Yes, you will find the walkways and areas crowded!

We ended up leaving partway through the day b/c we just couldn't handle getting through the crowds (we had two small children at the time in two strollers).

Upvote 0

Disney05

Have only been there once for it. Did not seem too bad. The people that dress up in costume are entertaining. As are the Stormtroopers at the entrance to DHS.

Upvote 0

BenS

I was in DHS on a Star Wars Weekend last time (first weekend of June 2010), and I didn't notice it being especially crowded. The area right outside Star Tours was pretty packed when we walked past an event, but other than that it was normal for early summer.

Upvote 0

flavious27

Nerds everywhere and they are dressed up. I haven't been to disney at that time, but it doesn't sound so bad unless you want to ride on star tours.

Upvote 0

mikeanabean

Those weekends have the highest concentration of 20+ yr olds virgins in the northern hemisphere. Last year was terrible with crowds and people were rude. We vowed never to go again.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We are sceduled to go to HS on the days of Star wars weekend. How bad are they? I really don't want to change my plans but will if it is horrible. We are going june2-10 if this helps not the first weekend of it. We are planning on being there sat. the 4th if this helps. thanks

Hi there, Its not that bad. I would avoid the Star Tours area if you could. On our last trip we overlapped with Star Wars Weekend and we didn't see very much of anything at all. DHS was busier then usual but it was totally doable.

Upvote 0

DaGoof00

Looking forward to seeing star wars weekends this year. Have never been to it, glad someone asked the question of attendance. Was a bit worried the rest of the park would be slammed...

Upvote 0

plaz10

I was there last year on the first star wars weekend...we aren't big into Star Wars but are still fans of the movies. My biggest advice is get there early. Longest lines to get into the park since everyone wants to get there early for the fastpass for character meets and such.

but yes non star wars attractions will still have the same lines.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom