Star Wars Weekends 2014

The Mouse

Has anybody got the stormtrooper make yourself into an action figure thing? I am intrigued with that and the new pilot Luke one. Loved the idea for the carbon freeze me one but I wasn't crazy about the execution. Just wondering if stormtrooper was better.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Has anybody got the stormtrooper make yourself into an action figure thing? I am intrigued with that and the new pilot Luke one. Loved the idea for the carbon freeze me one but I wasn't crazy about the execution. Just wondering if stormtrooper was better.
I have both the stormtrooper and the carbon freeze. The stormtrooper is better in terms of color and it just feels a little more complete because they get your entire head and not just you face. The only really downside is that 3D printing does not produce that gloss smooth feel of an action figure.

Furiated

I have both the stormtrooper and the carbon freeze. The stormtrooper is better in terms of color and it just feels a little more complete because they get your entire head and not just you face. The only really downside is that 3D printing does not produce that gloss smooth feel of an action figure.

Agreed, I had both done and just got the scan done today for the new X-Wing Pilot version. They have lots of samples on the table so you can see how they look. They have a few with the photos of the person next to the figure so you can see how the photos translate to the figure.

Furiated

Looking forward to some updates today from those in attendance. Hoping someone will have some news on the Feel the Force Package in particular.

I do! I'm in the Feel the Force section now awaiting the parade.

It's very nice, not crowded at all which is awesome. Snacks so far have been free bottled sodas/water and ice cream bars. I think you still need to get in here early to get against the rope for a real good parade view. Fireworks view should be good as long as you aren't stuck under one of the trees.

Gift bag had some "signed" (looks more like pre-printed) glossies of the celebs, and a special PhotoPass card.

Views of the very light crowd level in the VIP area:

lebeau

I do! I'm in the Feel the Force section now awaiting the parade.

It's very nice, not crowded at all which is awesome. Snacks so far have been free bottled sodas/water and ice cream bars. I think you still need to get in here early to get against the rope for a real good parade view. Fireworks view should be good as long as you aren't stuck under one of the trees.

Gift bag had some "signed" (looks more like pre-printed) glossies of the celebs, and a special PhotoPass card.

Views of the very light crowd level in the VIP area:

Awesome, thanks. Exactly what I was looking for. Can't wait to see what they serve up for fireworks.

PhotoDave219

So for the rest of us in steerage..... Get there early.

Observations as a whole:

- you can get in as early as 730. I recommend world drive entrance.

- light attendance.

- fewer character m&gs, times staggered for those who remain.

- Darth's mall was relocated to next to TSMM.

- the VIP section takes up that whole area as seen above. If the parade is a "must" for you, gotta get there early. Parade was at 1130 today.

More to come

asianway

So for the rest of us in steerage..... Get there early.

Observations as a whole:

- you can get in as early as 730. I recommend world drive entrance.

- light attendance.

- fewer character m&gs, times staggered for those who remain.

- Darth's mall was relocated to next to TSMM.

- the VIP section takes up that whole area as seen above. If the parade is a "must" for you, gotta get there early. Parade was at 1130 today.

More to come
Is the equity all cut? Thanks

dupac

Blech they didn't ****can the 501st. Anyone got KKs email handy? Maybe next year
I tried to get our local 501st to make an appearance at our company softball tournament benefiting pediatric cancer research (I was in charge of kids' entertainment). They all preferred to go to free comicbook day.

What's your complaint? I've never managed to catch Star Wars weekend.

asianway

I tried to get our local 501st to make an appearance at our company softball tournament benefiting pediatric cancer research (I was in charge of kids' entertainment). They all preferred to go to free comicbook day.

What's your complaint? I've never managed to catch Star Wars weekend.
Disney should be paying for their own entertainment development & some of those costumes are not on brand. If who's who confuses me it has to confuse the typical guest

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Disney should be paying for their own entertainment development & some of those costumes are not on brand. If who's who confuses me it has to confuse the typical guest
501st and CMs are in the parade and meet n greets are done by CMs. What is so confusing about that and why would the average guest even care?

Furiated

Well they already screwed up FP+ for the first SWW event. I have FP+ for Behind the Force and as anyone could have guessed, it was taking forever to get the FP people loaded in with just two readers. I was near the front of the FP line and barely in the door when they started letting standby guests in. So they started flooding in and taking all the good spots and only a fraction of FP had made it inside.

We are 3 minutes to scheduled start, all the standby folks are in (presumably, no one else is currently coming in), and they are still loading FP+ people.

Edit: Looks like someone finally realized they were running out of seats and the stopped Standby until the rest of the FP folks got in. Now they are letting more Standby in.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom