Star Wars Weekends 2014

CaptainShortty

My Darth Maul show is 4:50-5:05, the only time listed as available. Thanks for the heads up about needing to be there by the window shown.

It's my pleasure! They work just the same as a regular FP+ for an attraction. If you don't come during the allotted time that is on your MDX then you will get a blue light and not be gained admittance. I always want to make sure Guests have the facts so they can enjoy their vacation as much as possible!

lebeau

Indeed. How is guests lining up at 3 am to possibly meet Prof. Flitwick good for anyone?

I have been asking myself that question. Because Disney must have a reason, right?

My best guess is that if they offered FP+ for the autographs, a lot of people wouldn't know about it and would have no chance to get one. Under the current system, the people who want the autographs the most have the best shot at getting them. Arguably, it's a fairer system. Maybe as FP+ becomes more widely used, the autograph sessions could be phased in.

Or maybe there is some other reason related to contracts or something. Honestly no idea. But there must be some reason for it. I'm sure Disney would rather not pay for security to watch the entrance from 3am-park open if they don't have to.

ToTBellHop

I have been asking myself that question. Because Disney must have a reason, right?

My best guess is that if they offered FP+ for the autographs, a lot of people wouldn't know about it and would have no chance to get one. Under the current system, the people who want the autographs the most have the best shot at getting them. Arguably, it's a fairer system. Maybe as FP+ becomes more widely used, the autograph sessions could be phased in.

Or maybe there is some other reason related to contracts or something. Honestly no idea. But there must be some reason for it. I'm sure Disney would rather not pay for security to watch the entrance from 3am-park open if they don't have to.
I assume buses are not offered at that time? So guests have to get themselves to the park? Does this not put the coveted resort guests at a disadvantage?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Again...with resort guests at a disadvantage. It would seem pre-booking FP+ would be more in line with Disney's stated aims in 2014.
Not hardly. If anything it is as completely a level playing field as you can get.

The only variable in the current system is when you get in line. Thanks to the existence of cabs, any resort guest, off property guest or local can physically get to the park and get in line.

If they go into the FP+ mix, AP guests have one time frame to get them, on property guests have another, off property without advanced tickets are locked out until day of and so on.

tribbleorlfl

Not hardly. If anything it is as completely a level playing field as you can get.

The only variable in the current system is when you get in line. Thanks to the existence of cabs, any resort guest, off property guest or local can physically get to the park and get in line.

If they go into the FP+ mix, AP guests have one time frame to get them, on property guests have another, off property without advanced tickets are locked out until day of and so on.
See, this is where I disagree. The current autograph FP system is NOT a fair and level system for all guests.

While technically true all guests have a chance to get a FP as it is now, practically, requiring all members of a party to be present to get a paper ticket AND a wrist band effectively excludes a large chunk of guests from the eligible pool: Young families w/ small children (a major demographic for SW and arguably the largest proportion of guests in the parks on any given day); guests traveling day of (pass holders driving in for a day trip or tourists flying in that morning); guests who know the distribution begins before the park opens but don't know exactly how much earlier and arrive after they're long gone; even overnight workers who want to go to the parks before they go to bed.

No, it favors primarily young, college-aged kids (with little-to-no family and/or job commitments) and memorabilia dealers (where this is their job commitment) who are free to line up into the wee hours of the morning.

Adding the autograph tickets to FP+ levels the playing field much more, as it dramatically increases the number of people who can realistically obtain one. Releasing them to the system say a day or so before eliminates the scenario you pointed out, Master Yoda, where there are different windows for onsite guests and AP's. Heck, they can release the tickets 3-6 am day of just as they are now, it just removes the requirement all parties have to be physically present.

In addition, making them T1 would increase the total pool of T1 FP's available to the SWW shows and regular T1 attractions, and as lebeau stated, it eliminates the labor costs for security and event staff to police the line. I don't see how this is anything but a win-win for just about everyone.

jlsHouston

Looks like summer temps for Florida next week according to accuweather...which my boyfriend swears is anything but accurate. But 98 degrees on the 22nd:eek:

lebeau

See, this is where I disagree. The current autograph FP system is NOT a fair and level system for all guests.

While technically true all guests have a chance to get a FP as it is now, practically, requiring all members of a party to be present to get a paper ticket AND a wrist band effectively excludes a large chunk of guests from the eligible pool: Young families w/ small children (a major demographic for SW and arguably the largest proportion of guests in the parks on any given day); guests traveling day of (pass holders driving in for a day trip or tourists flying in that morning); guests who know the distribution begins before the park opens but don't know exactly how much earlier and arrive after they're long gone; even overnight workers who want to go to the parks before they go to bed.

No, it favors primarily young, college-aged kids (with little-to-no family and/or job commitments) and memorabilia dealers (where this is their job commitment) who are free to line up into the wee hours of the morning.

Adding the autograph tickets to FP+ levels the playing field much more, as it dramatically increases the number of people who can realistically obtain one. Releasing them to the system say a day or so before eliminates the scenario you pointed out, Master Yoda, where there are different windows for onsite guests and AP's. Heck, they can release the tickets 3-6 am day of just as they are now, it just removes the requirement all parties have to be physically present.

In addition, making them T1 would increase the total pool of T1 FP's available to the SWW shows and regular T1 attractions, and as lebeau stated, it eliminates the labor costs for security and event staff to police the line. I don't see how this is anything but a win-win for just about everyone.

I agree with a lot of your points. I would have to think this will happen next year when FP+ is more established. There are a lot of downsides to the current system. I can't see Disney sticking with it indefinitely unless there is a good reason for them to do so. I can't think of what that reason might be other than the ones Master Yoda and I covered.

lebeau

Looks like summer temps for Florida next week according to accuweather...which my boyfriend swears is anything but accurate. But 98 degrees on the 22nd:eek:

I have been tracking my dates. Granted, they are still 2 weeks out. But the forecast has been completely different every time I look at it. It keeps getting worse. :(

jlsHouston

I have been tracking my dates. Granted, they are still 2 weeks out. But the forecast has been completely different every time I look at it. It keeps getting worse. :(

OMG I know, looked like lovely 80 degree days for my dates. I quit looking last Friday and popped up the forecast last night and I was oh no, no way this cannot be. I cancelled my 4:15 dining for the 22nd at Le Cellier. I don't want to be walking though the park for dining heat of the day. We will be at the pool and have a late dinner Thursday I am thinking.

lebeau

OMG I know, looked like lovely 80 degree days for my dates. I quit looking last Friday and popped up the forecast last night and I was oh no, no way this cannot be. I cancelled my 4:15 dining for the 22nd at Le Cellier. I don't want to be walking though the park for dining heat of the day. We will be at the pool and have a late dinner Thursday I am thinking.

The first time I looked it was mid-80s and mostly sunny just about every day of our trip. Now ever day is forecast to be either super hot or have thunderstorms.

:eek:

ToTBellHop

LOL...Accuweather and their 45 day "forecasts" (did you know there will be a couple thunderstorms and a high of 88 on June 27?). I wouldn't put much stock in the forecast more than 5 days out. I particularly love their descriptions--a high of 92 degrees is "nice" or "pleasant".

Try weather.gov for a more accurate look.

jlsHouston

LOL...Accuweather and their 45 day "forecasts" (did you know there will be a couple thunderstorms and a high of 88 on June 27?). I wouldn't put much stock in the forecast more than 5 days out. I particularly love their descriptions--a high of 92 degrees is "nice" or "pleasant".

Try weather.gov for a more accurate look.

haha, we have a running tirade at my house when I give Jim the forecast from accuweather

PhotoDave219

You're right. It's not fair.

It's first come, first serve.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom