Star Wars Weekends 2014

FigmentJedi

...With "Slave Leia" Anna and Elsa outfits? I think that might even beat the Oogie Boogie line;)
A meet and greet based around Slave Bikini Princesses would definitely be a small redemption for DIsney after they produced this thing.
l_d52eb020-145f-11e2-b794-57fe73f00006.jpg

This is exactly why I don't like the mash-up merch franchises: It's limited to just the Mickey crew and Stitch when you could do so much more with blending things.

Sped2424

Sounds like something big is in the works for star wars weekends, I don't think they would pay all that dough just to have him smile and wave in a parade. Either starwars land, or something about the new film is going to be released.

KLinder7

I bet it has to deal with the new movie too. They will have some major announcement at SWW about the film is my guess. Hopefully not just talk about that new animated show Rebels.

PhilharMagician

It's really not even a question at this point, all 3 are going to return.

Yeah the publicity shot was floating around with George Lucas, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill. It was stated that it storyline was to take place 30 years after Return of the Jedi. This way the core actors should be old and fit the storyline. Filming to start late spring 2014 with film release of late 2015.

Last edited:

PhilharMagician

I am surprised that hey have not made it a hard ticketed event. You typically have to pay in excess of $100 for him to sign an autograph.

It is probably in his contract for promoting the movie to appear. I would expect him back next year also and maybe Carrie also.

I bet they find someway to charge people for him being there in some capacity.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is probably in his contract for promoting the movie to appear. I would expect him back next year also and maybe Carrie also.

I bet they find someway to charge people for him being there in some capacity.
Even if Disney does not, I can't see him leaving that much money on the table. Even at $125 a pop, he gets insane lines for his autograph. He could set up in a local comic book store on the following Monday and clear more than most of us make in a year.

tribbleorlfl

I am surprised that hey have not made it a hard ticketed event. You typically have to pay in excess of $100 for him to sign an autograph.
Which is exactly why he won't be signing, they'd have to account for his lost revenue in his appearance fee.

Kind of bummed, was all ready to camp out. I missed out getting him at CVI because I hadn't received my ESB poster back from James Earl Jones yet (it took a year!), and if I'm going to pay that kind of money for a signature, it's going to be on a special piece.

Looking on the bright side, I'm hoping that his appearance will help the crowds in the other weeks a little.

neoshinok

I bet he'll be appearing in the old Hunchback theater with a short presentation. Entire audience filters in and out every half hour. No M&G, no Q&A. Seems like the best (only) way to accommodate the crowds.

ratherbeinwdw

In all my multiple, multiple trips for SWW I have never heard people complaining about the way the 501st treat guests along the parade route. The average joe wouldn't realize that when the 501st assume the identity of their character they are going to play that portrayal to the hilt. Stormtroopers? Not your parade performer to wave hi along the route. The average joe may think they're jerks because they have little to no knowledge of Star Wars.

As to your situation, he was definitely in character. I too have acquaintances in the 501st and they hold themselves to high standards. Some are just very meticulous when it comes to their portrayal so I highly doubt that one was singling you out to be "extremely aggressive" to. If the characters were heading toward the Narnia building, there is actually a CM entry/exit behind it.
Exactly what my daughter said, but it was still scary, and I do believe uncalled for at that point, especially since the others were not acting that way. They were slowing down to let people take quick pics as they walked by. I do not believe he had any malice toward me. From what you say, he was just taking his role very seriously, and I believe too seriously.
Also, these were not the guys in the parade. It was after the stage show at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom