Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Incomudro

I wouldn’t say awful. Dated yes. It has great potential.

But I doubt we’ll see that.

My son's and I did Poseidon's Fury about 4 years ago.
The exterior was excellent, and the effects were very good.
But I remembered nothing from it.
Coincidently, I watched a video of PF just a few days ago (it came up in my suggestions) on youtube to refresh my memory as to why the experience didn't stick in my head.
Watching the video reinforced why.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I heard it's going to be an overlay. Galaxy's Edge: Palpatines Fury

Galaxy's Edge: Poe Dameron's Furry

1581704643521.png

TT00TT

Anyone know the name of the music that plays in the hangar?

Good question. I wonder the same about the music in the Star Destroyer. It probably is a special rendition of some of the 'eerie' music score parts from one of the movies, composed exclusively for the ride by William Ross.

Who knows, now RotR is open, a complete Galaxy's Edge Soundtrack will appear in the shops?

Marc Davis Fan

Back to Rise of the Resistance...

Despite the attraction itself being superb, one thing that surprised me was the relatively weak standby queue. It's quite plain and repetitive, especially compared to the engaging, ever-changing Flight of Passage standby queue (the cave paintings, the bioluminescence, the laboratory, etc).

The Al Lutz MiceAge column (putting aside the controversy) suggested that the queue and first pre-show received budget cuts. Now that I've spent time in them, that does indeed ring true.

Do any of our insiders have insight about this?

Tom Morrow

Despite the attraction itself being superb, one thing that surprised me was the relatively weak standby queue. It's quite plain and repetitive, especially compared to the engaging, ever-changing Flight of Passage standby queue (the cave paintings, the bioluminescence, the laboratory, etc).

The Al Lutz MiceAge column (putting aside the controversy) suggested that the queue and first pre-show received budget cuts. Now that I've spent time in them, that does indeed ring true.

Sorry, this is the Poseidon's Fury thread now.

But in all seriousness, the caves are pretty boring and unremarkable, and I'm pretty sure this is an intentional design choice so that once people enter the hologram room, it's clear that everything after it is intended to be part of the experience and not "more queue."

Rich Brownn

I think part of it is also to contrasts the low-tech, claustrophobic feel with the high-tech, expansive First Order.

Last edited:

No Name

I'd never say a ride is going to be a success or a failure until it actually opens and I have seen it for myself. ( I also limit my comments until I have actually been on an attraction at least twice. )

The opening of this ride has not been fully successful; not with all the operational problems it is having.

Indeed, all those problems = I was only able to see this attraction once on my recent visit.

IMO, parts of the ride are interesting, parts of the ride could be better.

One limit of RotR is the length of it. It reminds me a little of Poseidon's Fury. I like PF, but usually I skip it because it takes too long. When RothR finally runs properly, riding it is still going to take a long time.

Second: the yeti. It is still too early to tell, but I am starting to wonder if Kylo isn't going to be the new yeti.

RotR ride itself is 4.5 minutes long. That’s not long.

And the time spent in the preshows and transport is time that would otherwise be spent in the queue if those didn’t exist. That doesn’t actually make the time spent in the attraction any longer. It’s only a positive.

doctornick

Since it is a Miceage article, I would assume they explained how WDW management was all too happy to cut stuff and make things cheaper, but Anaheim management fought tooth and nail to plus things as much as possible "for the guest experience". And that any similarities between the two was just misery Chapek forcing the savage Orlando sensibility onto the noble beings who valiantly were protecting the sanctity of Disneyland.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Since it is a Miceage article, I would assume they explained how WDW management was all too happy to cut stuff and make things cheaper, but Anaheim management fought tooth and nail to plus things as much as possible "for the guest experience". And that any similarities between the two was just misery Chapek forcing the savage Orlando sensibility onto the noble beings who valiantly were protecting the sanctity of Disneyland.

I heard that Chapek himself went through the queue and removed anything that cost more than a few dollars. That’s why it’s mostly empty caves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom