Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

No Name

If the first Kylo AA was just standing straight up facing the window, but motionless, as B-mode, it wouldn’t be an issue. The odd bent position we saw from w d w n t is all that gives away the fact that he’s broken. There’s really no reason he should whip around toward us, because he shouldn’t know that we’re right behind him when he finds out we escaped. There’s also no reason we sneak up behind him in the first place when we’re trying to escape. It’s an odd part of the story that’s clearly just there to advance the plot.

Dapale

Since no one has mentioned it yet (I tried skimming through the last 15 pages I missed without trying to see any spoilers) just wanted to say that Disneyland is holding CM previews from January 8th - 14th for Rise. CMs had to sign up & register on Friday night (12/27) @ 10pm. They are being given the opportunity to bring one guest.

Just wanted to mention for those who are still interested in DL’s Rise news haha.

Mike S

If the first Kylo AA was just standing straight up facing the window, but motionless, as B-mode, it wouldn’t be an issue. The odd bent position we saw from w d w n t is all that gives away the fact that he’s broken. There’s really no reason he should whip around toward us, because he shouldn’t know that we’re right behind him when he finds out we escaped. There’s also no reason we sneak up behind him in the first place when we’re trying to escape. It’s an odd part of the story that’s clearly just there to advance the plot.
I always thought that in our hectic escape from Stormtroopers we just ended up on the bridge by accident.

Disneyson

What’s this about Gringotts? Did they alter the queue? I never saw it in the first year

There’s an effect in the queue for Gringotts (same as in the Hogwarts Express) where we “see” the three main characters talking behind frosted glass. What I mean to say is, in the event of a major broken AA, It can’t be too hard to drop a screen and like, display shadows of the characters as if they are behind glass.

Mickeyboof

There’s an effect in the queue for Gringotts (same as in the Hogwarts Express) where we “see” the three main characters talking behind frosted glass. What I mean to say is, in the event of a major broken AA, It can’t be too hard to drop a screen and like, display shadows of the characters as if they are behind glass.

Oh yes yes I understand what you meant now. Thanks for clarifying :)

Texas84

We had the opportunity to ride RotR last week and absolutely loved it (hadn't watched any video or read reviews beforehand). It was an absolutely amazing, immersive E-ticket attraction; from the queue to unload. The scale and sets were stunning and we defintely bought into the narrative and felt like we were participating unlike any other attraction ever. I do have one question however...

If we were to find one tiny nitpick, it would be the length of time between entering the star destroyer hangar bay, and being put into a holding cell. In our case, it was 15 minutes, and that affected the flow just a tad. I do appreciate that since we have been captured, any lenth of time is possible, but a shorter time would have been preferable. My question is, is this typical or should the time for that transition have been shorter? Thanks.
On my two rides it was maybe five minutes. I wanted to hang out longer and take it in.

tissandtully

Since no one has mentioned it yet (I tried skimming through the last 15 pages I missed without trying to see any spoilers) just wanted to say that Disneyland is holding CM previews from January 8th - 14th for Rise. CMs had to sign up & register on Friday night (12/27) @ 10pm. They are being given the opportunity to bring one guest.

Just wanted to mention for those who are still interested in DL’s Rise news haha.
WDW still hasn’t done CM previews though, has it?

dreamscometrue

If I understand correctly, the "ride" portion is currently not functioning at full capacity (maybe around 80% capacity at this point?), which contributes to queue backups before entering the "holding cells." And therefore, the backup you described should be somewhat reduced soon. Can any insiders corroborate with this?

Also, was it backed up so much that they had stanchions/switchbacks in the big "star destroyer deck" room, so that you could see the next group of guests exiting the ITS. That's really unacceptably bad show.
Not backed up that far thankfully. We exited the Star Destroyer Hanger and just turned the corner and came to a stop. The queue moved slowly after that and close to15 min later, we were directed to a holding cell

ChrisFL

Premium Member
If I understand correctly, the "ride" portion is currently not functioning at full capacity (maybe around 80% capacity at this point?), which contributes to queue backups before entering the "holding cells." And therefore, the backup you described should be somewhat reduced soon. Can any insiders corroborate with this?

Also, was it backed up so much that they had stanchions/switchbacks in the big "star destroyer deck" room, so that you could see the next group of guests exiting the ITS. That's really unacceptably bad show.

I think the problem is that there's just so many "parts" in between the end loading of the actual ride in the star destroyer and the loading of the vehicle at the resistance base, plus the pre-show before that.

So if the main ride goes down or has an issue, it may take 3-4 cycles before it's even caught up to the point where they are stopping the pre-show in the resistance base. I know that they can hold guests in the outside section before boarding, but since you're supposed to be "in a hurry"...waiting there for several minutes would kinda destroy that atmosphere

Mike S

Love seeing posts on twitter showing the use of live storm troopers on the ship now.

Thought it was a fluke first time, but it’s happening again.

It’s small but it adds so much. It helps distract from the relatively motionless AA Troopers and puts them simply in the background. Imo there should’ve been 2 live Troopers in the hallway before interrogation instead of AAs. It would work much better.

disneygeek90

I just listened to a podcast review of ROTR and someone said that depending on your ride you can come out of either door when being boarded by the First Order. Is he confused? I've not heard anyone else mention this, and all 4 rides I've been on was in the same door we entered. Maybe he felt he was walking through the different door based on the movement.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I just listened to a podcast review of ROTR and someone said that depending on your ride you can come out of either door when being boarded by the First Order. Is he confused? I've not heard anyone else mention this, and all 4 rides I've been on was in the same door we entered. Maybe he felt he was walking through the different door based on the movement.

Very confused. The three 'ships' are on a turntable. The opposite door faces the center of the turntable. There is no exiting through that.

The person was confused and got 'turned around.' The pod is basically symmetrical with a viewport/screen at each end... I can see it happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom