Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The Site That Shall Not Be Named has a video of the first Kylo AA in B mode. And it's pitiful. Not even a strobe light would fix that disaster. Kylo is listing to the side, and looks like he's about to pass out. The Force is not strong in B mode. :D :D :D

Yeah that's none too good. Being elevated, I assumed he would drop down into the flooring (sorta like Shaman) only with a replacement effect of Kylo talking to Hux via a "hologram-communications-monitor-thing" that lowers from the ceiling.

there is no way to really B mode this with Hux standing next to him.
2nd one has the wall blocking him, so at least you don’t see it. LOL

Which is why it's somewhat surprising they opted to have the fig remain in view.

Disneyson

I’m very surprised that this doesn’t necessitate a show stop. On certain rides, like Pirates and SSE, the ride will go down if a “key audio-animatronic figure” is down. I.E. Wicked Witch in GMR, any one of the singing trio in PotC... Perhaps there was a managerial over-ride to the operating guide.

Marc Davis Fan

If we were to find one tiny nitpick, it would be the length of time between entering the star destroyer hangar bay, and being put into a holding cell. In our case, it was 15 minutes, and that affected the flow just a tad. I do appreciate that since we have been captured, any lenth of time is possible, but a shorter time would have been preferable. My question is, is this typical or should the time for that transition have been shorter? Thanks.

If I understand correctly, the "ride" portion is currently not functioning at full capacity (maybe around 80% capacity at this point?), which contributes to queue backups before entering the "holding cells." And therefore, the backup you described should be somewhat reduced soon. Can any insiders corroborate with this?

Also, was it backed up so much that they had stanchions/switchbacks in the big "star destroyer deck" room, so that you could see the next group of guests exiting the ITS. That's really unacceptably bad show.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m very surprised that this doesn’t necessitate a show stop. On certain rides, like Pirates and SSE, the ride will go down if a “key audio-animatronic figure” is down. I.E. Wicked Witch in GMR, any one of the singing trio in PotC... Perhaps there was a managerial over-ride to the operating guide.

In this case, since they have a Plan B, so they go ahead with Plan B. Just like when the main AA of NRJ is in B Mode.

TrojanUSC

If they shut this down for one animatronic when people woke up at 3am to ride it there would be a riot.

Rob562

In this case, since they have a Plan B, so they go ahead with Plan B. Just like when the main AA of NRJ is in B Mode.

It's sounds like there is only a B mode for final Kylo as well as a variation for the one after the bridge scene. But it sounds like there isn't a B mode on the bridge, it's just motionless. That should be treated like other AA heavy attractions and require a fix.

-Rob

peter11435

It's sounds like there is only a B mode for final Kylo as well as a variation for the one after the bridge scene. But it sounds like there isn't a B mode on the bridge, it's just motionless. That should be treated like other AA heavy attractions and require a fix.

-Rob
It likely does. But sometimes a fix isn’t possible in a reasonable amount of time. Possibly the alternative was the attraction being closed for many hours or all day. It’s a no win situation.

KevinPage

It likely does. But sometimes a fix isn’t possible in a reasonable amount of time. Possibly the alternative was the attraction being closed for many hours or all day. It’s a no win situation.

yeah without knowing anything, this likely could have been an issue that cropped up overnight or right before ride was about to open.

if this ride has been open for 2 years than maybe you can excuse closing or delaying the opening. But unless the ride itself simply does not work, with the newness, crowds, holidays, you can’t close this down unless something is fundamentally broken and destroys whole ride experience.

But this ride is bigger than any 1 single AA.

Dr.GrantSeeker

This may be a question for @marni1971 but I was trying to figure out how the ITS portion of the attraction works. I know it’s on a turn table that moves. But are there two ship interiors? One loading and one arriving in the hanger? I was trying to find a layout in this thread but can’t remember how far back it was posted.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This may be a question for @marni1971 but I was trying to figure out how the ITS portion of the attraction works. I know it’s on a turn table that moves. But are there two ship interiors? One loading and one arriving in the hanger? I was trying to find a layout in this thread but can’t remember how far back it was posted.
Three ship interiors. Each one takes up one third aside from service corridors.

Disneyson

-Rob

I agree, and that was the main idea with my post - there doesn’t seem to be any drop-down or B-mode for this AA- which according to some is super-obvious. I foresee a fix/shadow projection scene coming to the attraction soon, ala the queue for Gringott’s.

Mickeyboof

I agree, and that was the main idea with my post - there doesn’t seem to be any drop-down or B-mode for this AA- which according to some is super-obvious. I foresee a fix/shadow projection scene coming to the attraction soon, ala the queue for Gringott’s.

What’s this about Gringotts? Did they alter the queue? I never saw it in the first year

Rider

We have all of one observation of it not working and no context about it.

Was that one ride the first time that day it didn't work? Was the cast aware? Did it work on the very next cycle? Did they just not turn B mode on? Was B mode broken too?

It's hard to imagine that they made a B mode for everything else but not this scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom