Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

gerarar

Interesting! On Sunday when I made my previous post here, only a few had plexiglass installed (as per the livestream). Looks like Disney ramped up installation overnight it seems. Also they switched out the numbering stickers on the floor for colors, another interesting switch.

techgeek

Advertisement
Have there been any modifications to the interrogation rooms? Honestly, those seem to the smallest spaces in the attraction. When I rode 2 months ago, there were just 3 of us in a room. I was told to go all the way to the back of the room, and we were all still probably just 6 feet from each other. With new plexi on the ride vehicles, potentially they can fully load the RV which would have to mean a 'fully loaded' interrogation room of 16 people across 4 parties... There's simply no way that works in those rooms, right? Maybe they are bigger then they seem?

Last edited:

JohnD

Have there been any modifications to the interrogation rooms? Honestly, those seem to the smallest spaces in the attraction. When I was rode 2 months ago, there were just 3 of us in a room. I was told to go all the way to the back of the room, and we were all still probably just 6 feet from each other. With new plexi on the ride vehicles, potentially they can fully load the RV which would have to mean a 'fully loaded' interrogation room of 16 people across 4 parties... There's simply no way that works in those rooms, right? Maybe they are bigger then they seem?

I was allowed into an interrogation room with another party (because two parties will each be in an evacuation vehicle). They were told to stand all the way in the back. I was told to stand in the front keeping my distance from them. When we were "rescued", the first party with 5 or more was put in one car. I was put in the other car by myself.

_caleb

I'll be interested to see how the wide implementation of virtual queues and boarding groups works.

I've also seen mention of the installation of temperature check camera arrays. Widespread installation of water bottle filling stations was mentioned. @WDW Pro mentioned something about painting arrows and distancing boxes on the ground to try to route and control traffic. Someone also mentioned plexiglass barriers/windows between retail/foodservice CMs and guests. I haven't seen much about the installation of sanitizing machines for attractions (like a car wash for ride vehicles between unload and load), but that wouldn't surprise me.

EDIT: I've also seen suggestions of MagicBands for all guests (for tap-activated tickets, purchases, and fast passes), food pre-orders via app, and total guest number caps.

I'm just very curious how far Disney may go with these sorts of things.
@Kram Sacul laughed when I posted this in April.

I'm very interested to see what they come up with to limit capacity, crowds, and surface contamination, because I think these will be long-term solutions, not short-term ones. Even if a vaccine for COVID-19 is successful, this whole thing has shown how vulnerably Disney's business model is to an epidemic like this. It's not unlike how global acts of terror demonstrated some of Disney's vulnerabilities. They made some (limited) changes, but basically counted on people forgetting their fears and going to the parks and theaters anyway.

But to make the parks safer against a virus, the basic infrastructure of the parks will need to be redesigned and rebuilt–limited capacities, larger spaces in queue switchbacks (or no queues at all), greater space between ride vehicles, isolating features, new cleaning protocols, etc.

Anyone remember the clear plexiglass "scream shields" on DCA's old Maliboomer ride? Imagine a contraption like that on every ride!
And this one from April.

At this point, barriers like these add-ons for Rise of the Resistance and other rides. But how long until new attractions are designed and built around these kinds of things?

For Rise, do the plexiglass barriers interfere with the experience?

Also, I find it very interesting how Disney will handle making barriers like these invisible (as not to interfere/detract from the ride), but also visible (so people don't smash into them and also so they get the full PR value of installing these things).

428481ef246adceb80488883f9531a31.gif

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Lots of Plexiglas added to the queue and BlogMickey reports it has been added to all vehicles now -

View attachment 508680View attachment 508681

Many more pictures below -

wow. seeing all thise makes me sad. ruins the immersion.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Have there been any modifications to the interrogation rooms? Honestly, those seem to the smallest spaces in the attraction. When I rode 2 months ago, there were just 3 of us in a room. I was told to go all the way to the back of the room, and we were all still probably just 6 feet from each other. With new plexi on the ride vehicles, potentially they can fully load the RV which would have to mean a 'fully loaded' interrogation room of 16 people across 4 parties... There's simply no way that works in those rooms, right? Maybe they are bigger then they seem?
There are now 4 group per interrogation room.

gerarar

Seems like they got rid of the color’d lines on the floor, instead just a grayish circle with an outline of one of the old colors. Inside the interrogation room, same floor markings as well.
6C66EC83-FC7B-46D4-AB0F-263B30092F50.png

3A5A9066-3A74-4EBA-BACE-87DE80182B34.png

One loss with this change is that First Order officers can no longer tell you to stand on the line if you weren’t originally. There’s a loss of potential interaction here, which is sad to see..

You can see the new loading process (after breaking out of interrogation rooms) here. The Resistance CM will call out the colors of one of RVs first, in this case blue and red, and board those two parties. Then the other two colors will be called and followed shortly behind. There’s sorta a loss of “urgency” here now, but it’s understandable given the circumstances.

Side note; cannons haven’t been working/in A-mode for almost the past month. Also the livestream linked above captures a live breakdown at the cannon room.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator

VIDEO - Changes to Star Wars Rise of the Resistance aim to increase capacity but may take you out of Batuu​

Midway through the queue you head out of a fire exit and into the Muppets.

Rise2.jpg

And a look at the outside of the show building.

Rise3.jpg

C0134.jpg

Full walk-through and ride through below from yesterday where you can see the changes and how its handled.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member

VIDEO - Changes to Star Wars Rise of the Resistance aim to increase capacity but may take you out of Batuu​

Midway through the queue you head out of a fire exit and into the Muppets.

View attachment 509159

And a look at the outside of the show building.

View attachment 509160

View attachment 509161

Full walk-through and ride through below from yesterday where you can see the changes and how its handled.

So they’ve done it? This was tested in early July.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom