Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

CM.X777

This isn’t accurate
How so? T&A has been trained and signed off yes, but not a single "opening team" attractions CM has been trained yet. Considering they will not be able to train CMs as fast on Rise, as on Falcon, it will take up till late December early January, to get the full crew trained.

These ain't cosplayers...

View attachment 422212

Those are WDI and only member of T&A.

I'm fairly certain he's talking about Disneyland.

I am talking about DL, however knowing that DHS is still behind DL (granted to an unknown amount) yet opening first...well I don't think is going to be a smooth opening.

AEfx

As a member of the 501st Legion, those First Order officer uniforms really stress me out with how sloppy they look. :facepalm:

Yeah, especially since the First Order designs are much more forgiving than traditional OT Stormtrooper armor.

Considering 501st outfits are fan made, one would think the scope and power of a Disney budget and infrastructure would have done better with them.

peter11435

How so? T&A has been trained and signed off yes, but not a single "opening team" attractions CM has been trained yet. Considering they will not be able to train CMs as fast on Rise, as on Falcon, it will take up till late December early January, to get the full crew trained.

Those are WDI and only member of T&A.

I am talking about DL, however knowing that DHS is still behind DL (granted to an unknown amount) yet opening first...well I don't think is going to be a smooth opening.
I didn’t realize you were referring to Disneyland. DHS has started training its opening team.

Jones14

Do we think that they’ll launch new datapad missons/jobs with the ride? I’d imagine that they’d have some Resistance tasks to do in the queue, and there could be a First Order version where you take on the role of a spy while you wait instead.

Mickeyboof

Their are more crates in the queue so...this seems likely and super exciting!

I can’t believe when they said live YOUR Star Wars adventure, they actually meant I’d get to read an item description about someone’s cloak or parachute that’s inside a sealed crate.

I still don’t get how the game works. We get hired because someone doesn’t remember where their crate is?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Ever since most people never adopted a demand for a ridiculous level of verisimilitude from a theme park.
To be fair its Disney's fault for trying to set that immersion when all they needed to build was a land that celebrated all of star wars. Then I would have no problem with the Batuu setting. I mean look at what they are doing with the hotel for crying out loud! Instead of a Star Wars themed hotel they want you to spend over 3 grand so you can play make believe with some Disney castmember cosplayers.

Mickeyboof

No, it's no fair and not Disney's fault. It's your unrealistic expectations. You think you have a 'gotcha' moment because of some advertising hype.

You don't.

Disney designed the space and set the rules for it.

We, the guests, did and do not.

Once the designers call something immersive, it’s immediately glaring when something within it’s “magic circle” contradicts the rules set by the designers.

Disney should have never used the umbrella term immersive for this theme park land.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You mean the advertising Disney was schilling before the land was even built, since the day they announced it? yeah how dare people take them at their word.
Disney designed the space and set the rules for it.

We, the guests, did and do not.

Once the designers call something immersive, it’s immediately glaring when something within it’s “magic circle” contradicts the rules set by the designers.

Disney should have never used the umbrella term immersive for this theme park land.

You two should start a class action lawsuit for the lack of actual magic.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You misunderstand. I don't buy into Disney's immersion they are trying to do. I think it's flat out stupid and a horrible decision on their part. But it was their decision. All fans wanted as a land that celebrated all of Star Wars. Fans didn't ask for cast members with back stories and who speak in goboldy gook sayings not in any of the films "BRIGHT SUNS!" "TO THE SPIRESS!". Fans wanted "May the Force be with you." Fans don't want castmembers who don't act like cast members and can't answer straight yes or no questions or simple questions without a stupid immersive response like "no one knows" or "what are fireworks?" That is ALL DISNEY. The immersion is not working and now they are doubling down on it by trying to make hotel guests think they are on a star cruiser in space for the new hotel instead of a nice themed star wars hotel that acts like a hotel and has a pool. This is Disney. So don't get all indignant on me, blaming me for pointing out Disney's flaws when they created the flaws in the first place pal.

Mickeyboof

Actual Magic? What?

Magic Circle is a term used in the study of immersive performance, gameplay and non-traditional spaces employing performance.

It literally means the space where traditional rules are abandoned and replaced with artificial ones at service to the work. And inside that circle, contradictions like Disneyland nametags just don’t work with the artificial rules set.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You misunderstand. I don't buy into Disney's immersion they are trying to do. I think it's flat out stupid and a horrible decision on their part. But it was their decision. All fans wanted as a land that celebrated all of Star Wars. Fans didn't ask for cast members with back stories and who speak in goboldy gook sayings not in any of the films "BRIGHT SUNS!" "TO THE SPIRESS!". Fans wanted "May the Force be with you." Fans don't want castmembers who don't act like cast members and can't answer straight yes or no questions or simple questions without a stupid immersive response like "no one knows" or "what are fireworks?" That is ALL DISNEY. The immersion is not working and now they are doubling down on it by trying to make hotel guests think they are on a star cruiser in space for the new hotel instead of a nice themed star wars hotel that acts like a hotel and has a pool. This is Disney. So don't get all indignant on me, blaming me for pointing out Disney's flaws when they created the flaws in the first place pal.

I blame you for beating this horse long after its dead in multiple threads. I blame you for not understanding the usual marketing hype. I blame you for being an agent provocateur.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I blame you for beating this horse long after its dead in multiple threads. I blame you for not understanding the usual marketing hype. I blame you for being an agent provocateur.
But it is not dead. The horse is still alive and well since Disney is still doing it so the topic is very relevant. And I understand marketing. There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between marketing and then forcing your employees to be immersive that goes past marketing "excuse me where is the restroom" - guest "restroom? refreshers are by the cantina." - cast member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom