Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
...ahh the good old days before FP. Disney of the 70's and 80's - You just showed up, bought your ticket, and went on 3 rides all day. I loved it so much better back then. I refuse to FP so I will be line waiting.
I’m sorry...when did you get on 3 rides all day with huge capacity, constant moving lines with less attendance?

Where were you?...Cedar point?

the_rich

I’m sorry...when did you get on 3 rides all day with huge capacity, constant moving lines with less attendance?

Where were you?...Cedar point?
I went to Orlando in June of 94'. I remember waiting 3 hours for a few rides and it being very crowded. This may have been due to the world cup being in town. But it definitely could happen.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I went to Orlando in June of 94'. I remember waiting 3 hours for a few rides and it being very crowded. This may have been due to the world cup being in town. But it definitely could happen.
In the summer? Before the schedule balanced out over the whole year?

There were 2 1/2 busy months plus 3 busy weeks.

It was easy to avoid.
I remember not so long ago, before the new fastpass Plus, showing up on a whim, running the gauntlet and getting on every major ride in all three parks in one day...
But that was before Fastpass Plus made it so much better...
now it is like 3-4 rides a day...
The new reality...you’ll get the minimum at all times...

Helps grease the skids on the upsells

Last edited:

the_rich

In the summer? Before the schedule balanced out over the whole year?

There were 2 1/2 busy months plus 3 busy weeks.

It was easy to avoid.

The new reality...you’ll get the minimum at all times...

Helps grease the skids on the upsells
It wasn't that easy to avoid because my parents wouldn't take us out of school so it had to be during a school break.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

what in the Sam hell is all this jibberish??
Elnglish do you speak it? What country you from? What aint no country i ever heard of. They speak 'English' in what? 'ENG

They eliminated traditions in the latest batch of Q3 cost cuts
what in the Sam hell is all this jibberish??

They eliminated traditions in the latest batch of Q3 cost cuts
not jibberish. Responding to the other poster's dumb comparison that because BB-8 hijacked a vehicle in a famaged stsr detroyer in Last Jedi makes it ok for the first order to fire one of their own AT-ATs in their own Star Destroyer.

Hawg G

Wouldn't it be easier to ride if there was FP? Ride one at rope drop (or the end of the night) and the other with FP? Although I suppose that assumes one is able to acquire said FP. I know I'm not looking forward to waiting in standby lines for both rides.

This will be a resort only FP+ for many years. Of course, you can always win the FP+ lottery too, but this will make FoP and Dwarf Hill look like an easy Fastpass to get.

...ahh the good old days before FP. Disney of the 70's and 80's - You just showed up, bought your ticket, and went on 3 rides all day. I loved it so much better back then. I refuse to FP so I will be line waiting.

If you rode 3 rides all day in the 80s or 90s, you were doing it REALLY wrong. Yes, there were lines, but there was essentially the exact same ride capacity, perhaps MORE, and about half the crowds as now.

Nothing will top the time we went and used all our old Disney hotel room keys and had essentially unlimited Fastpasses every day.
Now THOSE were the days!

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
not jibberish. Responding to the other poster's dumb comparison that because BB-8 hijacked a vehicle in a famaged stsr detroyer in Last Jedi makes it ok for the first order to fire one of their own AT-ATs in their own Star Destroyer.

But did he ride a space horse on top of a star destroyer to go kill the already dead emperor?
This will be a resort only FP+ for many years. Of course, you can always win the FP+ lottery too, but this will make FoP and Dwarf Hill look like an easy Fastpass to get.

If you rode 3 rides all day in the 80s or 90s, you were doing it REALLY wrong. Yes, there were lines, but there was essentially the exact same ride capacity, perhaps MORE, and about half the crowds as now.

Nothing will top the time we went and used all our old Disney hotel room keys and had essentially unlimited Fastpasses every day.
Now THOSE were the days!
Pssst...there’s no demand...why make a fast pass “exclusive”??

And you’re such a cheater using the key trick 😉

RSoxNo1

yeah but that still does not make sense. in EMPIRE we see the AT-ATs used so they could destory a shield generator. but they are not a very precision accurate firing vehicle. its more of a vehicle you need when you need to scorch the earth of something. So using a heavy fire powered vehicle while on board a star destoryer would only damage the star destroyer heavily. it's a bone headed military tactic to use this for guests in a slow moving prisoner transport vehicle. it is over kill when in reality they could probably shut down the vehicle remotely or just surround it by troopers or close the doors to the rooms it can go to so it goes where they want it to go. seriously a batallian of storm troopers and imperial officers can easily catch up to this thing since its slow moving and take back the UNARMED PRISONERS. Disney just wanted AT-ATs so people can go "AT-ATs!! AT-ATs!!!! I know what that is!!! I clapped when I saw it because I know STAR WARS!!!!!!!"
So we criticize the land for not being familiar enough and now we criticize it for being too familiar. Got it.

UNCgolf

I was at Disney once in the 80s and several times in the 90s and never had to wait much more than an hour to ride anything. I don't remember ever missing out on a ride I wanted to get on because I'd spent too much time waiting for others.

Plus the lines were constantly moving, which was really nice. They don't do that anymore.

raymusiccity

I couldn’t care a rat’s Batuu whether the AT-AT heads move or not, but it is kind of fun watching this way over-dramatic feud between insiders.

I can’t wait for the ride to open so one deserving victor can rightfully gloat over this minor detail!

(@SWGalaxysEdge and @TDR2011 , I appreciate you both. :) )

Attachments

• IMG_0475_Original.JPG
    IMG_0475_Original.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 106

MiddKid

Now THOSE were the days!

Even better...in the early FP days at DL it was quickly realized that literally ANY barcode worked. A lot of grocery store loyalty cards and blockbuster membership cards snagged good FPs back then!

socalkdg

I could go to DL Saturday with my annual pass. I'd use max pass and get 5 FP for the day, plus ride another 5 rides, all in 8 hours. 9 am to 5 PM. I've done it many times.

I have two active tickets for WDW that I'll be using in Jan. They never expire and can be used tomorrow if I want so I decided to test out the FP available. I just reserved 3 FP for Magic Kingdom for Saturday, Oct 26. Space, Splash, plus Tomorrowland Speedway. I then checked out Epcot. I could get Frozen, Mission Space, and Spaceship earth. At the Studios Rock n Roller Coaster or Toy Story is available. Then I could get Star Tours. Lastly I can grab Everest, plus then get Rapids and Dinosaur. Last minute FP. Easy for anyone to get. Easily get another 6-7 rides in during the day to get 10 done.

Sometimes I wonder if any of you actually go to the parks. At least the ones that think you can only get in 3-4 rides. FP is helpful. It is available at the last minute. Everyone can use it. This will be the first time I'll be making FP 2 months ahead of my vacation for WDW in Jan. so should be fun.

Hawg G

Even better...in the early FP days at DL it was quickly realized that literally ANY barcode worked. A lot of grocery store loyalty cards and blockbuster membership cards snagged good FPs back then!

Yeah, I tried my credit cards too, but that loophole had been filled already, or was never at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom