News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Karakasa

Now we just need a single rider line option.
I was gonna say I'm surprised there isn't already a single rider line. Both times I rode on my past trip, there was an empty seat in the vehicle. All I can figure is that they thought it'd break immersion, but Smuggler's Run has one, so that's moot.

Anyway, I personally liked the virtual queue system, but on the other hand this should shorten lines on the other rides throughout the park, so, you know, balances out. I also never had to deal with the ~5 second windows since I went on a very slow week, I imagine I might be more pleased if I had gone during a normal or busy time.

Richie248

If the ride were more reliable, I'd be more excited for this. Even with BG's I found myself being stuck in or dumped from the queue on many occasions. We've also seen the ride not open until well into the day. We'll have to see how this shakes out....I'll be there in less than 2 weeks and I'm Rope Drop Ready! This will definitely take pressure off of some of the other rides first thing. Will be interesting for sure......

Hawg G

If the ride were more reliable, I'd be more excited for this. Even with BG's I found myself being stuck in or dumped from the queue on many occasions. We've also seen the ride not open until well into the day. We'll have to see how this shakes out....I'll be there in less than 2 weeks and I'm Rope Drop Ready! This will definitely take pressure off of some of the other rides first thing. Will be interesting for sure......
Gee, you were dumped from the queue MANY times. That's rough.

arich35

This will be interesting to see how this will work especially with all the down time. I hope it will come back when we go, I enjoyed not having another ride that we had to wait a long time to get on

doctornick

Sure it did. Right now, a local needs to spend 2 minutes grabbing a Boarding Pass. Then they know they can just go in to the park with their essential Fastpass ready to go. I'm a huge SW fan, and I honestly wouldn't do it much at all. The preshows would get old fast. But there definitely seems to be a lot that do.

Admittedly, I have no idea how much of an impact that has had. But I do actually agree that it's conceivable that locals with APs who had little to lose by trying for passes every day might have been contributing to the rapid window for BGs. I mean, it's not exactly tough to make a reservation for DHS each day (just reserving tomorrow every day), spending a few moments around 7AM each day and seeing if you get one. And if you do, you can show up whenever to ride since they don't care if you go late (so someone could have a normal job and then just go after work on any given day).

Again, I do not know if that played a significant role - the amount of APers in Florida pales compared to California. I do find it interesting that the reservation window got very short right after new AP sales commenced even though it has been an ostensibly slow time of the year. I definitely think a standby line with long waits should lessen demand on locals who have already ridden a bunch of times which should in theory help the wait for once in a lifetime/every few years kinds of guests who are just trying to ride for the first time.

The crapshoot of the (morning) BGs when they opened after you tapped into the park was probably more frustrating - since you already went to the park and might miss out - but it at least put the onus of having to be committed to going to the park which surely was a somewhat lower demand than people (including guests visiting) who could just check any odd morning to try to get passes without doing too much work.

Goofyernmost

Being in the queue and never quite getting there is the experience I had with the Rat Ride in Paris. Three times I was able to see the load area when we were all ushered out because of a breakdown. I hope they have worked the bugs out by now. That was six years ago. Never did get to see it and I wasted a whole lot of the only day I had at Disneyland Paris. I kept thinking that surely it will work this time. That's what I get for thinking.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Groups began being called at 8:40am (1-7). Groups started calling at the same time yesterday.

Decided to try for one more run before the change next week.

IMG_4C5B0A208966-1.jpeg

lentesta

Premium Member
@lentesta or anyone else, do we have any idea what to expect in terms of ratio for Lightning Lane paid spots to Standby spots will be? Sort of like how there was a ratio of FP+ spots to Standby spots.

Disney hasn't said. My guess is that the price will be the limiting factor - they'll sell as many as they can and use price to slow down the adoption rate.

This week we've been counting people going into the Alternate Access and Standby lines at certain attractions. That should help us figure out the adoption rate of G+ and IAS once they launch. For example, during the two days we counted at 7DMT this week, on average about 1 person used the AA line for every 4 that used the SB line (237 and 1,024, per hour, respectively).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom