News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

CaptainAmerica

Ok I’m trying to figure this out. So going forward you can wait in standby or buy a lightning lane for ROTR, but Rat is only going to be virtual queue or paid LL? Is it cuz rat has a small queue? I don’t get this decision.
I think (but I'm speculating) that they're anxious about their infrastructure running to virtual queues at the same time.

disneygeek90

Well, I doubt that's the reason. But, I am drawing a blank on what the exact reason is though. Will we be seeing early 2020 style lines snaking around the park as we saw with MMRR or with Smuggler's Run? The good news is that such a line would turn a 1/2-day park into a full day one pretty quick.
Especially with downtime. I don't understand how this ride is supposed to handle a full day of standby when there's rarely any day the ride doesn't go down.

RSoxNo1

Oh!

"We know our guests love choice and flexibility when planning their time in a theme park—which is why, starting Sept. 23, we will pause the use of virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, and guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios may experience this incredible attraction using a traditional standby queue for the first time since it opened in 2019."

I saw the announcement today, and wanted to thank you for your months of tireless service.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Right. So they don't have infrastructure problems (yet) doing Rat BG + LL
More likely the fact that with 'current' crowd levels it's not needed for Rise since we are seeing reports of Boarding Groups available for extended periods after the registration window opens on many days. They chose to use the 'pause' language which gives them the option to turn it back on if they start having issues with 5 hours standby lines which they've repeatedly said they do not want to have.

waltography

Especially with downtime. I don't understand how this ride is supposed to handle a full day of standby when there's rarely any day the ride doesn't go down.
That's been true for Indy here at Disneyland forever and they've managed - granted, DHS is a different ball game as they have less attractions than DL to take the load when it goes down, but I think RotR will get on its feet pretty quickly with a standby system.

vikescaper

And it's folks like you that have forced them to do this...
Just because I have had success getting a boarding group almost every time I have been to DHS since the ride has opened means I am the problem. It’s not like I have been going every single day. Just one trip there a month.

Absimilliard

That's been true for Indy here at Disneyland forever and they've managed - granted, DHS is a different ball game as they have less attractions than DL to take the load when it goes down, but I think RotR will get on its feet pretty quickly with a standby system.

By that criteria, Test Track and Indiana Jones Adventure would require virtual queues all the time. Both attractions go down a lot and its been that way since it opened.

waltography

By that criteria, Test Track and Indiana Jones Adventure would require virtual queues all the time. Both attractions go down a lot and its been that way since it opened.
Sorry, I'm confused; are you for or against a VQ system for Rise? I'm saying Test Track and Indy go down all the time and manage without VQ, and RotR will too in time.

Hawg G

That didn’t stop them pre covid
Sure it did. Right now, a local needs to spend 2 minutes grabbing a Boarding Pass. Then they know they can just go in to the park with their essential Fastpass ready to go. I'm a huge SW fan, and I honestly wouldn't do it much at all. The preshows would get old fast. But there definitely seems to be a lot that do.

castlecake2.0

Sure it did. Right now, a local needs to spend 2 minutes grabbing a Boarding Pass. Then they know they can just go in to the park with their essential Fastpass ready to go. I'm a huge SW fan, and I honestly wouldn't do it much at all. The preshows would get old fast. But there definitely seems to be a lot that do.
I’m not really sure what your point is?

vikescaper

I wonder how this will work when Early Park Hours start on October 1. I know ROTR wasn’t included in this for DHS but will they allow a line to build?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom