News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

gerarar

Premium Member
I don't necessarily find this surprising. The midpoint between opening and the shutdown was late January, so the operational average for pre-shutdown would have also been in late January, when the crew had about two months experience of real world operation experience. Now they are out of practice and will need a few more weeks of experience before they will be back to where they were.
However that operational experience is really only helpful for turnaround times when the ride breaks down. The ride itself is solely run by the software, which shouldn’t have much change since March unless they pushed/made some changes to it since then.

Really, the only variable here is how often the loading rooms queue up, but even that should be theoretically quicker since there’s less riders per transport, which decreases the time needed to load, check riders seatbelts, and dispatch into the queue system.

lentesta

Premium Member
Hard to say. I’m sure Disney knows how many people have gone through the gate and generally how many of those people attempt to get a group and fluctuate accordingly.

With limited capacity and less people to resort I haven’t seen enough myself to make a proper guesstimate.

@lentesta did mention on his podcast his friend got group 30-ish and were told a wait time of 6 hours 🤯. He’ll have to elaborate further 🤩

BG 39, boarded around 3:30 pm IIRC.

SoFloMagic

Just an observation, but there seems to be more breakdowns now versus pre-closure/Covid. The evidence is there when you take a look at ThrillData’s BG raw data. There would usually only be like 2-3 downtime’s max a day, compared to now where it’s ranging 5+. Evacuations should theoretically be quicker now due to less people on each transport also.

Before the parks closed:
View attachment 485129
After the parks reopened:
View attachment 485130
Is it possible this is from cleaning? When they start it back up, it may struggle. Looks like it goes down roughly every two hours?

jinx8402

Is it possible this is from cleaning? When they start it back up, it may struggle. Looks like it goes down roughly every two hours?

That was my first thought as well, but wouldn't a better process be to just cycle empty cars like they do for some rides. For example, we have seen on splash mountain they clean an empty boat than send it out without any guests, so it's not a full stop of the ride.

SoFloMagic

That was my first thought as well, but wouldn't a better process be to just cycle empty cars like they do for some rides. For example, we have seen on splash mountain they clean an empty boat than send it out without any guests, so it's not a full stop of the ride.
Maybe, but I don't know how'd they track which have been cleaned since they end up in one of many load areas. And they couldn't do it at unload or cars would pile up.

Whereas on splash you could just load every other, then switch to the other when empties start coming around.

DisneyCane

Today ended up being totally awesome, even with Rise going down so much. I did the old school, tried and true method for my boarding pass. I rebooted at 9.56 with everything turned off except the wifi ( I used the disney wifi). I went into MDE at 9:58 and just sat there waiting. When my second timer hit 10:00. I clicked on join. Ended up with group one. I've had good numbers before, but never group one.

I really don't mind being evacuated from Rise, now I can add it to the list :) I always find it very interesting, and we were up by the bridge when it went down.
I've been testing at least two distribution times every day, and everything has worked as expected.

The one thing I'm curious about now is when exactly the queue opens and how consistent it is (if at all). I've noticed that if I refresh right when the hour hits, I usually end up having to refresh again before getting the Join button. I wrote a script that I'll run for at least a few days to try to figure this out.
Can somebody link to a post with the "best practices instructions" for getting a BG? Thanks!

joup7

1pm slots filled in just under ~15 seconds.

Current groups called to 18.

VICTORY!!! I gotta say, hyper ventilating with a mask on is not fun.

Attachments

• 2D53ECB9-D910-4CCF-858C-433FAFBCAA4C.png
    2D53ECB9-D910-4CCF-858C-433FAFBCAA4C.png
    105.4 KB · Views: 70

KevinPage

Was able to nab a 1pm (if I was in the park). Clicked right at 1pm and no delay in blue JOIN button populating.

@Joel, do you know if the app tentatively holds a position for you once you get the select a party screen?

I never heard of people being on this screen and then suddenly getting a message at next screen that groups are filled.

joup7

First timer?
Second timer. The two I’m with are first timers. We tried in February and failed.

Of note: at 10 am we got to the party screen and selected our party, but then had a server issue (the usual one with the app). At 1 pm it was already loaded to that screen on the phone that got us our group, and that phone was not used for the app between 10 am or 1 pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom