News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

I don’t often post but I was hoping someone could shed some light on the problem I’ve been having with my Disney app lately. I’ve read all 406 pages of this thread so far eagerly noting any and all tips posted-lol. (And celebrating will all who are successful in riding!! 😊) My app was working relatively well until the last app upgrade occurred. Since then I can’t open and close the app without it crashing. I have to delete it from my phone, reinstall and sign in. It takes a very long time for it to load afterwards. However, I’m then not able to close the app and reopen at a later time. I have to keep it open and running in the background at all times unless I want to delete and reload all over again. Needless to say, I’m a little concerned that this entire process will totally destroy my ability to obtain a BG for our upcoming trip in April. Any thoughts?? I was really hoping to follow the strategies/tips posted within this thread of a fresh app reboot to increase my chances but that definitely will NOT happen with my app in its current condition. (Also, to note, before I actually sign into my account after reinstalling I can open and close it countless times. It’s not until I actually sign into it that I can no longer open and close at will. ) Any thoughts or ideas are very much appreciated!! Thanks so much in advance!!
Do you have another device or account you can login with to test?

Does anyone have advice for a larger group? Planning on trying to get on my first ride with a group of 6 people this Saturday. Should all 6 of us try getting the entire group a Boarding Pass using different methods? Should we split the group up into two groups of 3 to make the process faster? Thanks in advance!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Does anyone have advice for a larger group? Planning on trying to get on my first ride with a group of 6 people this Saturday. Should all 6 of us try getting the entire group a Boarding Pass using different methods? Should we split the group up into two groups of 3 to make the process faster? Thanks in advance!

You should be all grouped together on MDE and everyone can try to get a group. If you want to ride together, try to get into the same boarding group - there is a "select all" button if you only have those 5 others linked to your account.

disneygeek90

I’d try to only have the people you are with on your friends list if possible. That way you can choose “select all” at the top rather than choosing individuals. The more the merrier, whoever is competent enough with a device and an app definitely doesn’t hurt to try different methods, I don’t think spitting your group is a great solution and would rely on guest services to merge the two.

Do you have another device or account you can login with to test?
I logged in to my account using someone else’s iPhone (theirs was older and had less storage space available- I have an iPhone8 plus and 192 GB of storage available on my phone) and it crashed theirs as well. I had to delete their app too and reinstall for them. I then used my sister’s login information on my own phone to sign into her account and it works beautifully so I didn’t think it was my phone. I can open and close repeatedly without issue. However, I did notice that although she can see the dates of my upcoming trips (since she’s in my friends and family list and we’re planning a trip together for November), she can not see all of my dining reservations. She’s not going with me in April. Maybe that has something to do with it??? I have too many “plans” scheduled and it’s crashing the app trying to load them. I hope that’s not it as the issue will only get worse once I start booking fastpasses in a week. The only thing I have left to try is attempting to sign into my account on a newer iPhone than my current one. (I am also sure that my phone has the most current and updated iOS system.) I’ll report back once I try logging in on a newer phone.

rustincohle

60 days from today (Easter Sunday), all the Tier 1 FastPasses have already gone for all three rides. The Studios is going to be chaos that day and that whole week - if Disney keep it at 8AM opening they will have a disaster on their hands for boarding groups. Even 7AM might be a bit messy.

MJJME

60 days from today (Easter Sunday), all the Tier 1 FastPasses have already gone for all three rides. The Studios is going to be chaos that day and that whole week - if Disney keep it at 8AM opening they will have a disaster on their hands for boarding groups. Even 7AM might be a bit messy.
That is def going to be a nightmare. This weekend with the holiday on Monday will be a good test...…..Cant believe Disney hasn't moved the opening times earlier for either of these...……..I understand that want to "normalize" opening times to 8am (or even 9am like they have in April) but they have a new state of the art ride, with low capacity that has poor reliability and you couple that with some of the busiest times of the year and it doesn't make sense that Disney would try to test the later start times now

I had tried 30 days from yesterday (March 12) and all the Tier 1 FastPasses were already gone for all three rides. Usually I can get at least ONE tier 1 fast pass...And starting March 15 the opening times are 9am! ROR boarding groups and backups will ALL be gone in 2 minutes!! So thankful for the advice here 🙂

Weather_Lady

That is def going to be a nightmare. This weekend with the holiday on Monday will be a good test...…..Cant believe Disney hasn't moved the opening times earlier for either of these...……..I understand that want to "normalize" opening times to 8am (or even 9am like they have in April) but they have a new state of the art ride, with low capacity that has poor reliability and you couple that with some of the busiest times of the year and it doesn't make sense that Disney would try to test the later start times now

The message I'm getting loud and clear (and have been getting for several years now): Disney doesn't give a rat's patoot about whether it's creating a nightmare for guests with understaffing and inadequate hours on holiday weeks, even in parks that have a very small number of attractions operating. It already has our money.

Unfortunately, the days of Disney extending hours, adding and extending EMH, and running attractions at full capacity for every holiday week (what I grew up with) are long gone. Last year's President's Day weekend saw no increased hours or extra EMH either, despite 10/10 crowds in every park. Disney knows the crowds are coming and what they're in for: it knows how many schools are out, how full the hotels are, and how many people have purchased tickets and packages for those dates. (And with respect to Rise of the Resistance, it knows that a mere fraction of those who visit the park in a given day will ever have a chance to ride, yet it has reduced park hours, failed to improve reliability, and continues to shut the attraction down during EMH.) It just doesn't care.

Me, to WDW:
images

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I had tried 30 days from yesterday (March 12) and all the Tier 1 FastPasses were already gone for all three rides. Usually I can get at least ONE tier 1 fast pass...And starting March 15 the opening times are 9am! ROR boarding groups and backups will ALL be gone in 2 minutes!! So thankful for the advice here 🙂

Two minutes is optimistic for guaranteed BGs. On busy days, they've been gone in seconds. Hopefully they can get some reliability back so they can offer higher boarding groups as guaranteed by then

steveNJ

They were gone Feb 9th. I booked my FPs 7am on 2/9 and went back to look an hour later and nothing remained.

Kamikaze

I don’t often post but I was hoping someone could shed some light on the problem I’ve been having with my Disney app lately. I’ve read all 406 pages of this thread so far eagerly noting any and all tips posted-lol. (And celebrating will all who are successful in riding!! 😊) My app was working relatively well until the last app upgrade occurred. Since then I can’t open and close the app without it crashing. I have to delete it from my phone, reinstall and sign in. It takes a very long time for it to load afterwards. However, I’m then not able to close the app and reopen at a later time. I have to keep it open and running in the background at all times unless I want to delete and reload all over again. Needless to say, I’m a little concerned that this entire process will totally destroy my ability to obtain a BG for our upcoming trip in April. Any thoughts?? I was really hoping to follow the strategies/tips posted within this thread of a fresh app reboot to increase my chances but that definitely will NOT happen with my app in its current condition. (Also, to note, before I actually sign into my account after reinstalling I can open and close it countless times. It’s not until I actually sign into it that I can no longer open and close at will. ) Any thoughts or ideas are very much appreciated!! Thanks so much in advance!!

What model phone and what version of the OS are you using?

Edit: Saw your other post. You're going to have to call/email them about the problem. You must have a reservation or something that is 'broken' and the app can't resolve it, so it crashes when it tries to do so.

erstwo

Two minutes is optimistic for guaranteed BGs. On busy days, they've been gone in seconds. Hopefully they can get some reliability back so they can offer higher boarding groups as guaranteed by then

As someone who can never plan their vacations more than a few weeks in advance due to work constraints and can only visit at the busiest times of year due to my kids school constraints (aka - I make my fastpass reservations once I'm in the park; haven't made them 60 or even 30 days out in years) I continue to be able to make Tier 1 fastpass reservations the 'day of'.

I have no idea how?? Literally, 4th of July 2019, I got a fastpass for myself, my daughter, and her friend for RnR at about noon. My husband and son were able to get fastpasses for another Tier 1 (can't remember which one.)

Does the app/ system hold some back until the day of? Was it luck?

Last edited:

steveNJ

As someone who can never plan their vacations more than a few weeks in advance due to work constraints and can only visit at the busiest times of year due to my kids school constraints (aka - I make my fastpass reservations once I'm in the park; haven't made them 60 or even 30 days out in years) I continue to be able to make Tier 1 fastpass reservations the 'day of'.

I have no idea how?? Literally, 4th of July 2019, I got a fastpass for myself, my daughter, and her friend for RnR at about noon. My husband and son were able to get fastpasses for another Tier 1 (can't remember which one.)

I have no idea how this keeps happening. Does the app/ system hold some back until the day of? Was it luck?

People drop and and FPs all the time as plans change, so it’s probably just lucky

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

I have no idea how this keeps happening. Does the app/ system hold some back until the day of? Was it luck?

It's just luck. Lots of people modify their plans on the fly. We stress out over these things as far as 180 days out, but when we're there we're flexible and go with the flow. So when people release them, and ADRs, it's definitely possible for others to pick them up.

Brian Noble

I'll be there in two weeks, so thought I'd do a dry run from home this morning. Closed and restarted the app a few times five minutes before 8. Started from scratch at 7:55:55, had to log in. I guess we'll just see what happens when I get there. I *think* I might have still gotten a guaranteed one, and there were definitely backups left a few minutes later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom