News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

HolleBolleGijs

Question for #teamfreshstart peeps, has anyone been jammed up with having to sign back into their account when trying to grab a BG? That is the newest thing I’m worried about as sometimes I need to sign back in when edited dining reservations or something.

I'm not #teamfreshstart, but I talked to someone in the park last week who had that issue. Granted, they didn't seem comfortable with technology (they initially told me they didn't get a BG at all, even though back-up groups were still available during our conversation), so it's very possible they never signed into the app in the first place. I don't think I had to re-sign-in all all the whole week I was there.

disneygeek90

App always auto signs in for me, I never have had an issue with logging in and that's with 7 fresh restart attempts. Just make sure you're logged in somewhat recently and not opening the app for the first time in a few days, which I don't think you would be.

Chadisa

App always auto signs in for me, I never have had an issue with logging in and that's with 7 fresh restart attempts. Just make sure you're logged in somewhat recently and not opening the app for the first time in a few days, which I don't think you would be.

Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing - fresh start on the way to the park maybe and then maybe once for good measure before park open just to see if the sign in thing works.

MiddKid

Since the last MDE app update, mine has been taking a few extra seconds to fully load.

Curious to get some feedback on boot times. What are people seeing? I have a brand new iPhone 11 Pro and even on my home WIFi I’m seeing boot times around 13 seconds. I signed out and rebooted and it booted in 4 seconds while not logged in. Can I assume the volume of plans you have loaded impacts boot times? Our trip next week is for 8 days with a party of 9 and then I have a follow up in April for 4 days. I’m wondering if all these “My Plans” are impacting that 13 second load time.

Based on knowing this, and having our first shot at this next Thursday, I’m wondering if I should I launch at around 7:59:50 so that it is done loading around 8:00:03. I don’t want that 13 seconds to be my downfall yet I don’t want to jump the gun early! Ahhhh!

Chadisa

OK for those who care - I just hard closed the app and started fresh and tried to modify a dining reservation - had to sign back in. Hard closed again, fresh open, modify dining reservation - didn't have to sign back in.

So that's what I will do, just do that a little before park open.

Chadisa

Curious to get some feedback on boot times. What are people seeing? I have a brand new iPhone 11 Pro and even on my home WIFi I’m seeing boot times around 13 seconds. I signed out and rebooted and it booted in 4 seconds while not logged in. Can I assume the volume of plans you have loaded impacts boot times? Our trip next week is for 8 days with a party of 9 and then I have a follow up in April for 4 days. I’m wondering if all these “My Plans” are impacting that 13 second load time.

Based on knowing this, and having our first shot at this next Thursday, I’m wondering if I should I launch at around 7:59:50 so that it is done loading around 8:00:03. I don’t want that 13 seconds to be my downfall yet I don’t want to jump the gun early! Ahhhh!

So since I literally just did this (post above) my restarts took what seemed to be an eternity lol but it wasn't 13 seconds, probably 3 secs? I have an iphone 11 pro max whatever it's called.

Oh and I have 5 people in my MDE full of FPs and DRs, etc.

disneygeek90

My iPhone Xs is still sitting at about 4-6 seconds each restart. If anything I would rather be a few seconds late than early and have join boarding group NOT red. I've waited some days until 7:00:02 to even open and ended up with a great number in the teens.

LittleBuford

I'm curious to know what those who can't use the app do (guests without mobile phones, for example—they must exist!). Can they use the FP kiosks? Are there CMs who can secure a boarding group on their behalf?

DCBaker

Premium Member
I'm curious to know what those who can't use the app do (guests without mobile phones, for example—they must exist!). Can they use the FP kiosks? Are there CMs who can secure a boarding group on their behalf?

There are GET members (Guest Experience Team - in blue shirts) to assistant people getting groups who don't have the app (or have troubles with the app)

LittleBuford

There are GET members (Guest Experience Team - in blue shirts) to assistant people getting groups who don't have the app (or have troubles with the app)

Do you (or does anyone else) know how much help they're able to offer? Let's say you missed out on getting a boarding group because the app kept crashing. Would that be sufficient grounds for them to assign you a boarding group?

disneygeek90

Do you (or does anyone else) know how much help they're able to offer? Let's say you missed out on getting a boarding group because the app kept crashing. Would that be sufficient grounds for them to assign you a boarding group?
I know they've been helpful in adding someone to a group that, due to app issues or user error did not select all members even though they were in the park. I'm not sure if they would go to the extent of moving an entire party to a group that did not have a number at all or had a late backup. It seems like that could get out of hand quick.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Question for #teamfreshstart peeps, has anyone been jammed up with having to sign back into their account when trying to grab a BG? That is the newest thing I’m worried about as sometimes I need to sign back in when edited dining reservations or something.

The second time I tried for a BG using the restart method I had to sign in upon restart. It probably cost me a few extra seconds but I managed to get one BG lower than the first time I tried and didn’t have to log in.

LittleBuford

I know they've been helpful in adding someone to a group that, due to app issues or user error did not select all members even though they were in the park. I'm not sure if they would go to the extent of moving an entire party to a group that did not have a number at all or had a late backup. It seems like that could get out of hand quick.

It's great to know that they are willing to help in some way should things go wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom