News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

ThistleMae

I'm curious to know what those who can't use the app do (guests without mobile phones, for example—they must exist!). Can they use the FP kiosks? Are there CMs who can secure a boarding group on their behalf?
My app wasn't working. Just passed the first row of stores, to the left is a team of folks in a roped off area under the umbrella's. They will log in and get you a BG; however they will tell you that they don't guaranty it will be an early group. I recommend you rush over there and get in line, even if you are trying to log on. I was fifth in line and got BG 84. I did get on at 3:50 p.m. The ride broke down for an hour and 10 min. They came through the line and gave us water, cookies, chips and banana's. Then Chewy came by and they gave us a free picture. Once the line started to move we got on within minutes, but I was also in the beg. of that line.

Touchdown

I’ll just say it again, on the day I attempted fresh restart the app froze on the WDW castle logo for ten seconds and then kicked me out. It seems to be that you simply need the app to recognize that you are:

1. in the park
2. It’s 8am

This morning when I was on the page that you can refresh it did not work for me just refreshing but when I did refresh that last time, my iPhonetold me I had refreshed this page at 8 am (and only took 2 seconds) When I clicked the back button to take me to the My Status page, the join boarding group was red. This process in total took me only 10-15 seconds which has been much faster then it takes the app to load this week.

TrainsOfDisney

Just had a notification that we won't be boarding today. They called up to 67 and our group was 73. Flew in especially from the UK and made it to rope drop on two hours sleep. Hoping for better luck tomorrow.

That’s got to be incredibly frustrating. I’m so sorry.

I just looked up my screenshots, the first time I rode I had BG 95 and guaranteed groups went up to 112!

Den Carter

Sorry Den! I really hope you have better luck tomorrow! They've had a really awful day today - at least 47 groups short from yesterday!
Thanks! Yeah, we were feeling pessimistic but there were a few good hours this afternoon when we got a boost of hope. We have tomorrow and then we fly home (literally just a weekend trip for both of our birthdays). I agree with others here that there's no ideal way to do this but it still sucks!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Thanks! Yeah, we were feeling pessimistic but there were a few good hours this afternoon when we got a boost of hope. We have tomorrow and then we fly home (literally just a weekend trip for both of our birthdays). I agree with others here that there's no ideal way to do this but it still sucks!

Just in case you didn't know - if you both have phones and the app, you can both try at the same time to get boarding groups. If one is slower or has a problem with the app - one person will end up getting a group and the other will just see they are already in a group when they try to join one.

disneygeek90

Hoping tomorrow is much better for you. I’m not sure what’s going on lately but 73 should have absolutely been called.

Den Carter

Just in case you didn't know - if you both have phones and the app, you can both try at the same time to get boarding groups. If one is slower or has a problem with the app - one person will end up getting a group and the other will just see they are already in a group when they try to join one.
Yeah, we did this. It was a game of fastest finger first!

Den Carter

A cast member just told me that the best 'trick' is to be in a line for a guest experience team podium prior to park opening, while also trying to get a boarding pass on the app. Apparently the guest experience team have some flexibility over 'assisting' with boarding groups. Can anyone vouch for this strategy?

disneygeek90

A cast member just told me that the best 'trick' is to be in a line for a guest experience team podium prior to park opening, while also trying to get a boarding pass on the app. Apparently the guest experience team have some flexibility over 'assisting' with boarding groups. Can anyone vouch for this strategy?
I was thinking that if you got to a guest person first you would absolutely get a good group. I haven’t personally tried it but I’ve seen videos at Disneyland, first at the paper kiosk scored Group 1. To me that’s a similar process as going to a guest experience team member.

MiddKid

So since I literally just did this (post above) my restarts took what seemed to be an eternity lol but it wasn't 13 seconds, probably 3 secs? I have an iphone 11 pro max whatever it's called.
Oh and I have 5 people in my MDE full of FPs and DRs, etc.
My iPhone Xs is still sitting at about 4-6 seconds each restart. If anything I would rather be a few seconds late than early and have join boarding group NOT red. I've waited some days until 7:00:02 to even open and ended up with a great number in the teens.

OK, experiment complete...and the profiles have something to do with it.

Test 1
  • My iPhone 11 Pro logged into my account: 13 seconds to launch
  • My wife’s iPhone 11 Pro Max logged into her account: 12 seconds
  • My 14-yo daughter’s iPhone XR logged into her account: 5 seconds
Test 2
Same 3 phones all logged into my daughter’s MDE account: All launched in 5 seconds

So the conclusion here is that despite us all having the exact same friends list, there is something in the two parent accounts that is causing an extra 7-8 seconds to launch. Using those same phones and logging into my 14-yo daughter’s account means they all launch super fast. Very interesting. I wonder what’s driving that.

KevinPage

Just scanned in. Also got in line for GET (as a fallback). Never did that before so hoping I’m not jinxing myself (knock on wood)

FA87F704-01CA-4DE2-B775-42069978EB46.gif

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom