News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kamikaze

I’m trying to figure out how he could have gotten group 13 when it’s already been proven that losing seconds can cost a 30+ group loss. Unless everyone was having the same problems today and no one got through initially.

It could be the system just crapped the bed this morning.

KevinPage

ROTR Scoreboard: (Update your own #s) Monday, 1.20.20 7:53 PM

1. Kevin Page: 17
2. DisneyGeek90: 9
3. Chet Dakota: 7
4. Pooh: 5.5
5. DarkMetroid: 5*
6. SteveNJ: 1

I actually have been keeping track of dates and such (why not, takes 2 seconds each visit to type onto my phone while in queue) 🤩

12/05
RotR 3x (BG 27)

12/06
RotR 3x
(BG 18 - got 2 FP, then BG 28)

12/07
RotR 1x (BG 21 & 92 - non ride got FP)

12/08
RotR 2x (FP & BG 65)

12/13
RotR 1x (BG 6) then went to work

12/14
RotR 1x (BG 11)

12/15
RotR 2x (BG 11 - ride broke/completed, granted reride)

———BG available park opening/lottery———

01/11
RotR 1x (BG 25)

01/12
RotR 1x (BG 21)

01/19
RotR 1x (BG 131)
Went home & came back

01/20
RotR 1x (BG 13)

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
It is very interesting to read this page on ROTR and jump over to the same DL page. Seems to be a much tougher crowd at DL. Not a great deal of excitement for the ride and no love for BG's.
The last 2 days at Disneyland (70 BGs accommodated yesterday, 63 so far today with the ride down again right now) are the bottom 2 days for either ride, despite DL being open 2-3 hours longer than most DHS days.

So I get it.

rioriz

so gpt there at 605am, rope drop to Slinky Dog....7am I attempt to board but nada, had to exit and go back twice! panic sets in and I'm about to Curse Over to bloody hell then finally I get through...94...

Lesson is don't get there way too early as you only need to be in the gates, unless you wanna get on Slinky in 10min which I did.

finally boarded group 94 at 130pm...ALL effects working and the CMs were especially convincing today!

overall I'd show up at 630 and get just inside the gates unless u want to get to Slinky....oh and use DISNEYS wifi....all those who did around me got in quicker

disneygeek90

I actually have been keeping track of dates and such (why not, takes 2 seconds each visit to type onto my phone while in queue) 🤩

12/05
RotR 3x (BG 27)

12/06
RotR 3x
(BG 18 - got 2 FP, then BG 28)

12/07
RotR 1x (BG 21 & 92 - non ride got FP)

12/08
RotR 2x (FP & BG 65)

12/13
RotR 1x (BG 6) then went to work

12/14
RotR 1x (BG 11)

12/15
RotR 2x (BG 11 - ride broke/completed, granted reride)

01/11
RotR 1x (BG 25)

01/12
RotR 1x (BG 21)

01/19
RotR 1x (BG 131)
Went home & came back

01/20
RotR 1x (BG 13)
I want to play! All of mine are 1x a day.

12/7
BG 28

12/14
BG 24

12/15
BG 11

12/18
BG 97 (on purpose-rode after work)

1/5
BG 31

1/8
Backup 141 (not called)

1/9
Backup 134 (not called)

1/11
Group 17

1/12
Group 18

1/17
Backup 132 (not called)

1/18
Group 57

1/19
Group 20

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

And a few notes about today’s ride......

once Hux and Kylo exited interrogation room there was a good 10-15 second delay we could hear noises and stuff from the next room. Once the door cutout was triggered, as we entered ride vehicles Finn was already chatting on screen (different dialogue), then before dispatch he came back to give his usual escape route speil.

After we landed and going around corner to exit ride, we see Beck, but there was a slight delay of about 5 seconds and Finn is told Beck’s escape pod crash landed and he freaks out until told Beck is okay. Normally you just hear Finn saying you are part of the Resistance and he wants “all eyes on Beck” (before Beck welcomes you back).

And silly me, Beck is there in the same escape pod you launched from as well. Never made that connection until today’s dialogue 😜

Cool to hear these extra random bits of dialogue built into the ride 🤩🤩🤩
Beck is not in the same escape pod you were in at the end. he was in another escape pod that looks like it. remember when you load into the escape pod you see others dropping also? Beck is on one of those. same model of escape pod but not the actual same one you physically were in.

KevinPage

Whoa, that’s a first 😳😳

Prior to this lottery style system I used Disney WIFI, or I assumed I did, (as my phone auto connects to it), with zero issues (never thought about it or even checked).

But that was also when you could get a BG as soon as you scanned into the park, and you weren’t in competition with thousands of people all at the same time.

Using AT&T cellular will full bars has been successful 3 out of 4 times. The 1 time more than likely was an app issues on Disney’s end.

I’m also not willing to be the test subject guinea pig for this WIFI experiment either 😜. Rise BG’s are serious business 🧘🏼‍♂️

KevinPage

Beck is not in the same escape pod you were in at the end. he was in another escape pod that looks like it. remember when you load into the escape pod you see others dropping also? Beck is on one of those. same model of escape pod but not the actual same one you physically were in.

Yes I’m aware, just realized I worded that improperly in my write up. 😬

I meant to say that I never realized he was doing the same thing as you are in the ride, which should be obvious based on what’s he in and his location to you 😎😎😎 I was always like “cool, there he is again” and went on my merry way 😂😂😂

DizKid@Heart

Hi All. Pertaining to WDW; is it possible to grab a boarding pass if you have already booked 3 FastPasses at Hollywood Studios (or any other park) in the same day? Thanks for any help.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Ok so i came across this video tonight and I found it very interesting. I have been going to Disneyland my whole life, we all have. Normally when you get in for the day people are usually walking through the tunnels under the railway to enter main street. There may be a few who exit the park for some reason. By midday you got a good mix of people coming and going. But usually the only time you see a max exodus is at park close. Well this video was from yesterday and right after all the boarding groups are gone tons of people are leaving the park at once.

Never seen this before. So either they are APs who didn't get a boarding group and are upset and leaving or they are APs who got their group and plan on coming back or they are the general public who paid for a day's ticket and decided to leave when they didn't get their boarding group. I can't see a normal person dropping serious cash just to walk out. But doss this video show that boarding groups were mistakes??? Its at the end of the video. I think i got it queued up to where it occurs. Check it out. Let me know what you think. If not it starts around the 10 minute 30 seconds mark

VaderTron

And sadly, this was the day I decided to take off work to go. I was group 78 and got the notification of it being cancelled around 4pm. :(
Now, I have a FP good for anything tomorrow (seems to indicate any park, any ride) and a complimentary 1-day Studios park admission. I'm a passholder so that piece has no value to me, however, the ride anytime tomorrow FP is nice. Maybe I can ride ROTR tomorrow without having to be there at park opening. I'll see how it's running in the morning.

It's just as valuable as a free ticket. You can use that ticket as a gift to a friend/family member (If you are nice about how it doesn't help you as an AP holder guest services might be sweet talked into transferring it.) or use the value of that ticket towards you AP renewal. You can even go when you are normally blocked out. So really, it's even more valuable to an AP than a day guest because they get so much more value out of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom