News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

That Guy

Has anyone compared phones and boarding groups? I would think newer phones would be faster and give you a better shot at a lower number. I thought of this as I heard all the cheers from people around me as I waited for a 107 to pop up on my slightly antique Galaxy 6. Next time I am putting the app on the wife's phone.

We still got to ride, so I can't complain. But there was certainly a sour feeling in my gut for a while hoping there would be no major breakdowns.

disneygeek90

Ok so i came across this video tonight and I found it very interesting. I have been going to Disneyland my whole life, we all have. Normally when you get in for the day people are usually walking through the tunnels under the railway to enter main street. There may be a few who exit the park for some reason. By midday you got a good mix of people coming and going. But usually the only time you see a max exodus is at park close. Well this video was from yesterday and right after all the boarding groups are gone tons of people are leaving the park at once.

Never seen this before. So either they are APs who didn't get a boarding group and are upset and leaving or they are APs who got their group and plan on coming back or they are the general public who paid for a day's ticket and decided to leave when they didn't get their boarding group. I can't see a normal person dropping serious cash just to walk out. But doss this video show that boarding groups were mistakes??? Its at the end of the video. I think i got it queued up to where it occurs. Check it out. Let me know what you think. If not it starts around the 10 minute 30 seconds mark

Who’s to say they weren’t dipping to head to DCA for an early start where it’s probably dead compared to DL. Lots of people are park hopping here when they get a mid/late group.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

You never see a mass exit like this at Disneyland just after opening
Right, but it’s very obvious that people are showing up at 7am just for a shot at ROTR right now. So if they get a late group or no group it’s reasonable that they may leave, go to DCA or even home for a bit until they’re called.

I doubt someone buying a day ticket would be leaving just because they didn’t get a group. That would be the AP’s

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Right, but it’s very obvious that people are showing up at 7am just for a shot at ROTR right now. So if they get a late group or no group it’s reasonable that they may leave, go to DCA or even home for a bit until they’re called.

I doubt someone buying a day ticket would be leaving just because they didn’t get a group. That would be the AP’s
Some may leave but not this many.

jinx8402

It's just as valuable as a free ticket. You can use that ticket as a gift to a friend/family member (If you are nice about how it doesn't help you as an AP holder guest services might be sweet talked into transferring it.) or use the value of that ticket towards you AP renewal. You can even go when you are normally blocked out. So really, it's even more valuable to an AP than a day guest because they get so much more value out of it.

You know, it should be a 1 day park hopper, for the simple fact that many people make their plans for which park they are going to months in advance, and might already have ADRs and FP+ already selected, but not everyone has the Park Hopper option. This would give you the opportunity to go to HS first thing in the morning, use the FP+ to ride ROTR and then hop to your originally planned park.

disneygeek90

You know, it should be a 1 day park hopper, for the simple fact that many people make their plans for which park they are going to months in advance, and might already have ADRs and FP+ already selected, but not everyone has the Park Hopper option. This would give you the opportunity to go to HS first thing in the morning, use the FP+ to ride ROTR and then hop to your originally planned park.
Couldn’t you use up your one day HS ticket in the morning and then when you park hop use the ticket you had originally intended? You’d still get to do both, being able to go back to HS for “free.”

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I think you need to realize that ROTR is going to throw a wrench in a typical DL day for a while.
Well duh. Any new ride will do that. Common sense. But my post was not about RISE itself but rather if disneys boarding group way of runing capacity for the ride was the way to go for DISNEYLAND given how e tickets have opened in the past.

disneygeek90

Well duh. Any new ride will do that. Common sense. But my post was not about RISE itself but rather if disneys boarding group way of runing capacity for the ride was the way to go for DISNEYLAND given how e tickets have opened in the past.
I think the rides operational status the past 3 days would dictate yes. Unless standing in a 4 hour queue and then 3 more hours for downtime sounds like a good option.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ok so i came across this video tonight and I found it very interesting. I have been going to Disneyland my whole life, we all have. Normally when you get in for the day people are usually walking through the tunnels under the railway to enter main street. There may be a few who exit the park for some reason. By midday you got a good mix of people coming and going. But usually the only time you see a max exodus is at park close. Well this video was from yesterday and right after all the boarding groups are gone tons of people are leaving the park at once.

Never seen this before. So either they are APs who didn't get a boarding group and are upset and leaving or they are APs who got their group and plan on coming back or they are the general public who paid for a day's ticket and decided to leave when they didn't get their boarding group. I can't see a normal person dropping serious cash just to walk out. But doss this video show that boarding groups were mistakes??? Its at the end of the video. I think i got it queued up to where it occurs. Check it out. Let me know what you think. If not it starts around the 10 minute 30 seconds mark

This is off topic for this DHS thread. You already posted the same thing in a DL thread.

If people want to talk about how no one wants to stay in Disneyland if they can't ride RotR, go here...

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

This is off topic for this DHS thread. You already posted the same thing in a DL thread.

If people want to talk about how no one wants to stay in Disneyland if they can't ride RotR, go here...

I initially posted it in this thread by mistake thinking it was the disneyland thread. Once someone replied amd i realized i was in the wrong thread i posted it in the correct one but left the post up in the DHS thread because the video is facinating.

Epcotfan21

Down so far today?

I’m nervous as ever for my trip tomorrow. And now reading reports of people having better success on the Disney WiFi! Decisions, decisions.

ninjaprincesst

I'm sorry -- really don't mean to beat a dead horse but I'm just trying to get some clarification for my trip in two weeks...

To get an early morning BG how early should one arrive, or have we determined that no longer matters? From what I've been trying to read the past 20 or so pages, to get a guaranteed BG show up 30 minutes before park open, correct? Is there any benefit to coming any earlier than 30 minutes? If park is slated to open be at 8, be at the gates by 7:30, if opening at 7, be there at 6:30?

EDIT: This is all with the assumption that the Boarding Group process is still intact within two weeks...
Well if today is any indication GO EARLY, I just checked and at 7:01 they were already on back up boarding groups so they are obviously back to letting people join groups before offical opening time.

ninjaprincesst

Yes, you both have to physically be in the park. You will add all members of your party to the group when you click join boarding group. If you are doing it on your phone, you just have to make sure he is associated to your my Disney experience account. Have all that taken care of before the morning you try to ride ROTR. If you can set up fast passes for him and yourself already, you are good to go.
Not only do you have to be in the park physically, all members of the group must be scanned into the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom