News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well I'll tell you I've been wrong once before and I wasn't embarrassed at all so if I happen to be wrong this time (which there is 0% chance I'm wrong) I still won't be embarrassed. FP is coming. That's as guaranteed as death and taxes. And I also believe paid FP is coming. So I accept your apology mister penguin and please don't be embarrassed. You are wrong a lot, you should be used to it!

The difference is you are making definitive statements without concrete things to support the claim. It's passing opinions or guesses as facts... as opposed to someone else making statements that do not claim to be absolute, but rather likely or a probability.

The former is lazy and sloppy... the latter is accurate and transparent.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If there's a 180 minute wait for FOP, would you rather a FP or not have a FP? Take your time. This is a tough one.

If doing FOP once and nothing else in my day.. with everything else planned around it.. yes that answer is easy. Hence the whole 'in isolation' point. But if you step away from comparing one spot with an actual entire visiting experience... the discussion can change. Hence my comment. It's not simple black and white... because people don't vacation by showing up for one ride and sacrificing everything else just to optimize that. Unless it's RoTR opening :)

disneygeek90

Come on. This is a fun blog about a ride. Relax a little. You know and I know that I'm right. You just don't want to admit it because you hate FP+ b you can never get one for the popular rides b they are gone at the 30 day mark.
You're making grand claims with no basis or logic behind it and then jumping on people when they don't agree with you.

Universal only recently began allowing Express for their two HP attractions, and that's a paid fastpass. Only after it was open for years did they finally add it. There's clearly something about opening up the fastpass floodgates that is scaring theme park operations away (see: FoP).

Meanwhile, no Hagrids, SR, or ROTR in sight. We don't know when they plan to eventually open it, but to say that it is coming "soon" with no actual evidence or support is just downright silly.

Chadisa

You can use parent swap on Rise. Anyone who rides needs to have a boarding pass. Just have the group check in once your group is called and they'll add a pass for the other parent and two other guests. We took our 4 and 2 year olds to Muppets and Toy Story Land during the ride.

yep I’m hoping the VIP guide can take my wife and daughter to something when me and the two older gets are on and then vice versa. I’m glad to hear that rider swap worked for someone before we were down there.

disneygeek90

85 was called at 2:14pm.
At 120 at 5:04pm. At best they're looking at about 130ish today, I'm glad I didn't try for another backup in the 130-140 range. There's no doubt that the 8pm close is hurting them, with last call at 6pm they're barely getting into the first dozen or so backups.

Most importantly, did you see all shows?

gerarar

Premium Member
The late starts and 8pm early closings are really hurting the ride. If not for the 1.5 hour late start today, they would've been on the same progression as Tuesday's (purple)
Screenshot_20200110-171445_Chrome.jpg

disneygeek90

So anyone that got into the park after 7:15 this am wont get to ride? They need to figure out a better system. Wonder what's causing the lower BG numbers. Also, does anyone know why the first groups aren't called until almost 90 minutes after park open?
Based off my backups the past two days, those there at about 8 should have been called today.

gerarar

Premium Member
So anyone that got into the park after 7:15 this am wont get to ride? They need to figure out a better system. Wonder what's causing the lower BG numbers. Also, does anyone know why the first groups aren't called until almost 90 minutes after park open?
Anyone you claim that "got into park after 7:15am" would still be in line waiting to ride, theoretically, as long everyone in front of then stayed in their place.

This is the better system, given the unreliability of the ride. Opening standby for a free for all is not ideal in any situation, at the current moment.

DLR>WDW

Okay, we need to get a definitive conclusion... What’s the best method in attempting to acquire a boarding pass right at park opening?

1) Have app fully closed, then launch it as the clock ticks :00

2) Stay in the app and keep toggling between the “My Status” page.

3) Keep fully closing and opening the app over and over again.

Or something else? Which seems to have worked the best for everyone?

KevinPage

Okay, we need to get a definitive conclusion... What’s the best method in attempting to acquire a boarding pass right at park opening?

AEBBD265-AC47-4FC9-8966-9CE3FA66960B.gif

gerarar

Premium Member

I've always done it right at x:00 and gotten boarding groups < 40. If you have multiple members of your party/family/group that share and manage plans, y'all can try doing the different methods at once. Then whoever gets it first gets a BG for everyone!

What's your point? Lots of babbling here.
My point is that clearly Disney did not think adding Fast Pass+ to either of the Galaxy's Edge attractions was the right thing to do operationally given how the openings of Pandora and Toy Story Land went. They intentionally opened the land without Fast Pass+ and Rise of the Resistance is still struggling to maintain capacity over a month after launch.

So, your assertion that Fast Pass+ is coming "soon" to either ride is demonstrably false.

gerarar

Premium Member
At 120 at 5:04pm. At best they're looking at about 130ish today, I'm glad I didn't try for another backup in the 130-140 range. There's no doubt that the 8pm close is hurting them, with last call at 6pm they're barely getting into the first dozen or so backups.

Most importantly, did you see all shows?
140 was just called! It sucks the last two days when you did go for a late BG you were just short of it :(

disneygeek90

Recieved group 31 using option one on a busy Sunday with holiday visitors still hanging around. I will probably try it again tomorrow to see if I can repeat it’s success.

Kamikaze

While you are trying to load the app, be standing right in front of a (blue shirted) Guest Experience Team CM. If the app doesn't load immediately, have the CM put you into a group. The GET CMs are lined up along the street at various points.

Edit: Clarifications.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom