News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Today I refused to drive and was the 5th family on the Skyliner line at AoA/Pop. Got to the park around 7:45 and got BG150. I'm not confident we're going to get on for the 2nd ride, but the extra hour of sleep after 4 12+ hour park days was worth it.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I grabbed my BG early in the morning and went back to my room to sleep. And headed back over when my BG was called. With a two hour window. the Skyline works just fine for that.

:)

RSD Part Deux

Is there still a guest services window at DHS outside the park and when does it open? I need to get some newbies set up and prefer not to go to Disney Springs.

AshaNeOmah

I grabbed my BG early in the morning and went back to my room to sleep. And headed back over when my BG was called. With a two hour window. the Skyline works just fine for that.

:)

Not an option for us unfortunately. My wife or I could have caught a bus early, but the other would have had to stay with the kids and missed out.

And once you're out of the room with two kids six or under, you don't run to the park then go right back to the room. When you get out, you stay out for a while.

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

While that may have been true during your visit (as well as mine a few days before yours) after your last day (on the 18th, I think) they changed to the "boarding groups open at published park opening time" method. As long as you're inside the park before park opening time, it makes no difference what time you arrive.

-Rob
Yes it does make a difference because the further back you are your not going to make it in the park by published opening time and you must be scanned in to get a bording group.

disneygeek90

Yes it does make a difference because the further back you are your not going to make it in the park by published opening time and you must be scanned in to get a bording group.
I was in the very back near security and made it about 15 mins after park open. As long as you’re in a line moving decently you get through pretty quick even if the crowds look massive.

Disstevefan1

So how does it work? Groups 50 thru 71 report to the queue then when all those people are through they tell another batch of groups to report to the queue?

DonaldDoleWhip

So how does it work? Groups 50 thru 71 report to the queue then when all those people are through they tell another batch of groups to report to the queue?
Once your group is called, you have two hours to check in and join the queue. As such, the lower number is constantly inching up, while the higher number is dependent on the ride operating successfully.

Still stuck in the queue - they recently came through with water bottles and even some bananas. They also ushered guests to the restrooms. I think we’re gonna be here for a while...

VaderTron

Once your group is called, you have two hours to check in and join the queue. As such, the lower number is constantly inching up, while the higher number is dependent on the ride operating successfully.

Still stuck in the queue - they recently came through with water bottles and even some bananas. They also ushered guests to the restrooms. I think we’re gonna be here for a while...
Seems the progress with functionality made over that past week is backsliding terribly.

socalkdg

The early start puts it on track for a possible record today if there are no more stoppages....
View attachment 436932

Thanks for doing this. Jan 6 will be our first ride day. Have my wife convinced that she doesn’t need to shower and that we can go back to our room after getting our boarding group. Glad we are at BWV. Plus we will late start the next day.

Just want to give our quick experiences -- went twice this week; once on Christmas day and once on the 27th. Arrived at around 5:15a on both days (wasn't sure how Christmas day was going to be even with the 7am opening -- ended up being an incredible day to be at DHS!) having walked over from the Beach Club.

I know people had issues the 27th but we didn't -- ended up in group 20 both days. Only differing experience was obviously it was down during the morning of the 27th so we had to wait a lot longer in the queue -- on the 25th we pretty much walked right on.

For what it's worth, though we were about as tired as possible those days we didn't regret it one bit. The ride is more incredible in person and the videos don't really do it justice. We all came away with being big fans of the VQ and even bigger fans of the ride!!!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Bit wonky today, but the past hour they called a lot of groups.

1577575775794.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom