News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kamikaze

We must have been an abnormality this morning, but the app would not let my wife or I transition to the button where we could sign up for the BG right away. We were on cellular and had the app closed, but finally got BG 97.

For you or anyone else in this situation: If you have ANY type of issue with getting the app to work, immediately go to a blue shirted Guest Experience Team CM and have them put you in a BG on their iPad.

KevinPage

Silver and Gold, Silver and Gold (passholders)

97EF5617-FA19-475C-B097-2FC9AFA8A819.gif

Lee L

Ok, so We are going tomorrow through Friday. Due to several reasons, we really only have a couple of days we can afford to get there first thing and stay most of the day. Reading the last 20 plus pages I can’t see and other sources have conflicting info. Once you get your boarding group, can you leave the park and come back? Looking at the graphs posted here, it gives a good idea of what to expect by group range and that might buy us enough time to come in at rope drop, get a group and at least go back to the hotel (staying at Yacht club) to shower or even sleep more with a higher group. Or go to Epcot. But it looks like maybe only people with backup boarding groups can leave or can anyone?

Last edited:

Rob562

Ok, so We are going tomorrow through Friday. Due to several reasons, we really only have a couple of days we can afford to get there first thing and stay most of the day. Reading the last 20 plus pages I can’t see and other sources have conflicting info. Once you get your boarding group, can you leave the park and come back? Looking at the graphs posted here, it gives a good idea of what to expect by group range and that might buy us enough time to come in at rope drop, get a group and at least go back to the hotel (staying at Yacht club) to shower or even sleep more with a higher group. Or go to Epcot. But it looks like maybe only people with backup boarding groups can leave or can anyone?

Once you have your BG, you're free to leave the park and do whatever you wish. That could be to go back to your room, or to another park if you have park-hopper tickets.

-Rob

Epcot_Imagineer

I'm sorry -- really don't mean to beat a dead horse but I'm just trying to get some clarification for my trip in two weeks...

To get an early morning BG how early should one arrive, or have we determined that no longer matters? From what I've been trying to read the past 20 or so pages, to get a guaranteed BG show up 30 minutes before park open, correct? Is there any benefit to coming any earlier than 30 minutes? If park is slated to open be at 8, be at the gates by 7:30, if opening at 7, be there at 6:30?

EDIT: This is all with the assumption that the Boarding Group process is still intact within two weeks...

PeoplemoverTTA

I'm sorry -- really don't mean to beat a dead horse but I'm just trying to get some clarification for my trip in two weeks...

To get an early morning BG how early should one arrive, or have we determined that no longer matters? From what I've been trying to read the past 20 or so pages, to get a guaranteed BG show up 30 minutes before park open, correct? Is there any benefit to coming any earlier than 30 minutes? If park is slated to open be at 8, be at the gates by 7:30, if opening at 7, be there at 6:30?

EDIT: This is all with the assumption that the Boarding Group process is still intact within two weeks...

I would recommend getting to the park 30-45 minutes before opening time to ensure you’re inside when BGs open, although people here have had success coming within 30 minutes or less. We arrive an hour before open on 12/19 (and my husband and son arrived 45 minutes before scheduled open on 12/20) and had success.

Twirlnhurl

I believe that the key is to be inside the park at the minute the park officially opens. I would shoot to be at the park 30 to 45 minutes before opening to give yourself a good chance to be in the gates.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

To pretty much guarantee a real BG and not a backup BG, you need to be in the park when they open up the BG process. When the BG process 'opens', everyone in the park punches their smart phone to grab a BG slot. You may get an early slot, or a late one, depends on magical computer stuff.

So, the current process is that they seem to be opening up a half hour early to let people in (and buy a coffee). Generally, they get the whole crowd that's been waiting into the park in that half hour. So, we've had people report they showed up 10 minutes before opening and waltzed right in, because that crown had already also gotten in.

And again, it doesn't matter if you were the first person in that waiting crowd or you tapped in five minutes before the BG process opens. As long as you're in the park, you're at an even playing field with everyone else in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom