News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

nickys

Premium Member
Isn't that why they moved the official opening time to 7am and "only" opened today at 6:35, similar to a "normal" park opening?

Might well be.

And actually the morning EMH on Sunday wasn’t a success. However I believe that was because they allowed anyone who entered the park to book a BG, whether or not they were eligible for EMH. Therefore onsite guests gained nothing from those EMH for RotR.

But unless they have somce plan for evening EMH, such as stopping BGs and opening new booking when EMH starts, I’m not sure if it will work any better. We’ll see.

hopemax

According to the blockout date website, currently ALL employee admission is blocked out at Studios through January31: Main Entrance Passes, comp tickets, and even employee self-admission. This may be subject to change, depending on crowd levels, but be aware you may have to buy tickets to get into the Studios as things are now.

Those "Hospitality Passes" listed on the Blockout Page, are a different type of Ticket that are given to a different class of employee. These ones are the "old school" ones that are mailed out, and have no mention of potential blockouts printed on the pass, or the letter that is sent with them.

DisneyJoe

Might well be.

And actually the morning EMH on Sunday wasn’t a success. However I believe that was because they allowed anyone who entered the park to book a BG, whether or not they were eligible for EMH. Therefore onsite guests gained nothing from those EMH for RotR.

But unless they have somce plan for evening EMH, such as stopping BGs and opening new booking when EMH starts, I’m not sure if it will work any better. We’ll see.
Isn't RotR currently excluded from EMH, per current word?

flynnibus

Premium Member
But couldn't that, in effect, penalize those who get there first thing? Making them stay in the park and keep trying and still not possibly get a BG?

It distributes the chances vs simply 'first come, first serve'. I'd argue no one is 'made' to stay in the park... simply that if you wanted another chance at a BG... there will be another chance later. If you try once, twice, or four times... that's up to you.

It does not reward those who will keep going "further and further.." to ensure they get to the front of the line so to speak. You can argue that 'penalizes' that behavior as not being effective.. but I'd argue this model instead serves the "greater good" better than the needs of the one. Including Disney AND a wider audience of guests as those that benefit.

The people that would really suffer is the MDE app guys who need to be ready for multiple synchronized 'surges'.... and guests complaining they can't control where they are at a set time.

hopemax

Legitimate COMP tickets are never blocked out. You get 2 every 6 months.

For current CMs. Retirees get a pair every 12 months. And they set it up so one set expires in early December (this year's expire tomorrow - annoyingly since we arrive on Saturday) but you don't get the next set until January. So only one valid set to use mid-Dec-mid-January. So my Dad, unfortunately, has to stay home and wait.

flynnibus

Premium Member

No, EMH guests still had an advantage in that they were already in the park and hence had all pre-reqs covered when BGs opened. Unlike EMH guests, that got in earlier than expected... but still had to get through the turnstiles.

nickys

Premium Member
No, EMH guests still had an advantage in that they were already in the park and hence had all pre-reqs covered when BGs opened. Unlike EMH guests, that got in earlier than expected... but still had to get through the turnstiles.

I saw reports from offsite guests who were were allowed in during the EMH hour and were able to book BGs as soon as they were in the park. They weren’t allowed to do anything else but they were inside the gates just waiting.

Mouse Trap

Thats not the point...I wake up at 4am every day. The point is, it is not "fairest" since it only appeals to a minority of the people

"Appeal" doesn't make something fair -- ability and access does. Almost everyone who goes to the parks has the ability to wake up early and access the park with valid admission, if waking up too early doesn't appeal to you that's too bad.

There are many arguments to be made about the fairness of getting on ROTR. Waking up early is not a valid one.

Lirael

I mean, I get that waking at 4am to get a pass isn't great but neither would be lining up in a 6 hour queue that might take longer than that because the ride keeps breaking down.

I don't think there's a system that is 100% good for everyone, sadly. So as long as they're not being unfair in that they give out one information but do differently to cater to those that disregard it, I'll accept it

Mouse Trap

Im anyone and I cant wake up early at the parks b of my twin 4 year olds wont get up then.........just b its early doesnt mean people have the ability and/or access to do it..........

Not being fair is not telling guests the park is opening 1.5 hours before posted time.

Needing to wake up early, arrive early or make reservations early are some of the most fair things about Disney because the average guest can do it. Get to a show early? You can get one of the best seats. Get to a ride early? You'll wait in minimal lines. There is no pay wall, no secrets, etc.

If you think having to wake up early isn't fair you need to reassess your definition of fair. This is about the average guest. I don't know anything about your kids, but a typical, healthy 4 year old has the ability to be woken up and/or carried into a stroller to begin an early day. Sure, it's not a pleasant experience, but its a sacrifice many have the ability to make.

PeoplemoverTTA

I mean, I get that waking at 4am to get a pass isn't great but neither would be lining up in a 6 hour queue that might take longer than that because the ride keeps breaking down.

I don't think there's a system that is 100% good for everyone, sadly. So as long as they're not being unfair in that they give out one information but do differently to cater to those that disregard it, I'll accept it

I'm with you on this for sure. It's pretty obvious that Disney dropped the ball for the first day or two by telling guests incorrect information. But since those first few days, the system seems to be working and fair to those who consider riding a priority during a peak time.

Is it perfect? Nothing is. But it's definitely the best option for my family next week (and it seems, many others).

It would be so nice if the back and forth on "laziness" and "fairness" was put to rest. It works for some people. Not as well for others. Let's just agree to disagree and move on, pretty please 🙏

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Ok....this is how it works. The resort guest rents a hotel room for $8,000 for the week, the local doesn't. The resort guest spends $500 a day on meals, the local doesn't. The resort guest rents Mini Vans 7 times on their trip, the local doesn't. If you were running Disney and you only had 1 spot open on your new ride, what person would you give that spot on the ride too? Why do you think they give resort guests access to rides 30 days before anyone else?

Except that's maybe less important here. With building droids and light sabers and $17 drinks that numb your face and (potentially) ridiculously expensive one day passes and needing a hotel overnight so you can get to the park at the crack of dawn, the average SWGE guest is spending more than a typical day guest regardless of which type of pass they're using. They're spending $8 on a tiny soda and leaving with literal garbage thinking it's a collectors item. The land itself seems pretty well designed to strip all guests of cash.

ToTBellHop

Again, they give early access to FP+ to convince you to spend more money, not because you WILL spend more money. Disney has no idea how much money you will drop once you get into the park.

Disney wishes the average resort guest spent that amount. It's not the reality. I haven't stayed on property at WDW in some time, but even a week at the Disneyland Hotel club level has never run me close to $8000.
Actually, Disney has a very good idea of what guests will spend.

DisneyJoe

Not being fair is not telling guests the park is opening 1.5 hours before posted time.

Needing to wake up early, arrive early or make reservations early are some of the most fair things about Disney because the average guest can do it. Get to a show early? You can get one of the best seats. Get to a ride early? You'll wait in minimal lines. There is no pay wall, no secrets, etc.

If you think having to wake up early isn't fair you need to reassess your definition of fair. This is about the average guest. I don't know anything about your kids, but a typical, healthy 4 year old has the ability to be woken up and/or carried into a stroller to begin an early day. Sure, it's not a pleasant experience, but its a sacrifice many have the ability to make.
AGREED, but I believe they are correcting this by making official opening time 7am and today's open was 6:35, very similar to when other parks open early.

Let's see if they maintain this correction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom