News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
wow boarding groups full at 7:15am.
I am curious how the number of available boarding groups vary by day. (I guess they have to leave room for people who missed it the previous days due to breakdown?) Whatever it is, Disney I've never seen Disney working so hard to control/restrict ridership and capacity on ROTR.

steveNJ

I am curious how the number of available boarding groups vary by day. (I guess they have to leave room for people who missed it the previous days due to breakdown?) Whatever it is, Disney I've never seen Disney working so hard to control/restrict ridership and capacity on ROTR.

While I’m sure some of them controlling it is true, changing the official hours to earlier means more people in a condensed time frame. It’s the same as would fill up by later but they all arrive at the same time now instead of spread out over a couple of hours.

monothingie

Premium Member
While I’m sure some of them controlling it is true, changing the official hours to earlier means more people in a condensed time frame. It’s the same as would fill up by later but they all arrive at the same time now instead of spread out over a couple of hours.
I mean the first couple of days they had boarding groups in the 120's, now it seems like it tops out in the 70's.

For those who've ridden it, what's the average wait time? I would imagine it's minimal to ensure that boarding groups continue to be called on schedule.

bubbles1812

Makes sense though. I mean you’d be pretty upset if you waited 8 hours in line and still didn’t get to ride. I’m sure they are getting a better idea of how many people they can physically get through the ride in a single park day with accounting for breakdowns.

Having experienced the process now, I’m actually going to give Disney credit here. They’ve had some glitchy days, seemed to have appropriately compensated those who don’t get to go on, and the virtual queue is just so much safer of a process for everyone. No running back there, no guests stuck in line for hours (relatively, I know there have been back ups), and much easier for the CMs to manage.

At the end of the day, right now it just means you snooze you lose. Though it’s kinda always been that way at Disney ;) (I say this as I arrive to AK an hour early to get lined up to walk quickly to FOP at 9, haha)

Last edited:

butterxcup

I already told the teenager that we are getting to the park at 5am this Saturday. Will see how things go Thursday and Friday and HOPE I don’t have to alter that to even earlier. LOL

Looking back it seemed easier to get on the ride with less hassle the first 3 days it was open. It’s like everyone has caught wind that it’s worth it to get early and get on it and that’s caused people to continue to show up earlier and earlier.
I strolled in at 7:30 on opening day and everything seemed so chill and calm for a day one opening...until the signs for no more boarding groups started coming out around 8:30 😬 That’s when you could feel the shift in attitudes especially toward the front of the park. During the next two tries on Saturday and Tuesday people were clearly more nervous/frazzled about trying to get on the ride. Even with showing up at 6am and being in front of the ticket booths, some people were so nervous about NOT getting a boarding group. It’s been fascinating to be part of gotta say.
I mean the first couple of days they had boarding groups in the 120's, now it seems like it tops out in the 70's.

For those who've ridden it, what's the average wait time? I would imagine it's minimal to ensure that boarding groups continue to be called on schedule.
Wait time for your group being called or wait time once you enter the physical queue? Wait time for your group varies drastically by how the ride is functioning for the day.
Wait time in the physical queue can be anywhere between 5min to 1 hour. During my three tries it was 45min, 30min, walk on (this try was when I was one of the first 3 groups of the day).

monothingie

Premium Member
At the end of the day, right now it just means you snooze you lose. Though it’s kinda always been that way at Disney ;) (I say this as I arrive to AK an hour early to get lines up to walk quickly to FOP at 9, haha)

Or they offer the upcharge paid option to go and do whatever you want to do. (That's the Disney way)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom