News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

brettf22

Premium Member
Can anyone confirm even getting one today, I couldnt and did it in under 5 seconds
B9F1921B-205E-4522-AE09-B3216F0BFB97.jpeg

Joel

Keep in mind that the length of time that the queue appears to be open isn't necessarily how long you have to hit the Join button. Only someone on the inside would know this for sure, but with the new streamlined process, the virtual queue server's speed at processing requests might be the predominant factor now (assuming the park is busy enough).

In other words, it may only take 1-2 seconds of frantic button mashing for enough eligible people to request a BG, while the remainder of that time is just how long it takes the server to churn through those thousands of nearly instantaneous requests until it reaches the limit.

It's not totally a random lottery now, but it's close to it.

brettf22

Premium Member
I know it’s pretty common sense, but I found it interesting how much a ride down time affects your time in line after your boarding group is called. Earlier this week, a fairly short down time resulted in me waiting 45 min in line after checking in. Today, that wait was only 5 min. I’m guessing they shorten the group calling intervals after a down time, in order to cram through as many folks as possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom