News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

DCBaker

Premium Member
I assume that is when it enables the button to confirm your party.

Just to follow up, 12pm is when the ability to confirm your party appears -

IMG_1606.jpg

Joel

What happens if you don't confirm it? Does it take extra time to confirm once groups release?
You'll be a button-press behind everyone else. If you wait on the old refresh page for the Confirm Your Party button to switch to Join Virtual Queue, you still get taken to the Review Details (party confirmation) page, where you'll then have to press the Join Virtual Queue button that actually gets your BG.

Definitely tap Confirm Your Party and then mash the Refresh button as it approaches 7 AM/1 PM.

brettf22

Premium Member
And … it’s down. My estimated return time immediately went from 25 to 90 min.

It will be interesting to see how they handle downtimes on the virtual queue rides once Genie+ gets rolling. Once back up, you would think they would want to prioritize people who pay for LL vs boarding groups. But not sure how’d they do that. Knowing how folks are, if they’ve paid $100+ for their LL ride, I’m not sure how “Sorry, here’s your money back” will fly.

Last edited:

DisneyCane

And … it’s down. My estimated return time immediately went from 25 to 90 min.

It will be interesting to see how they handle downtimes on the virtual queue rides once Genie+ gets rolling. Once back up, you would think they would want to prioritize people who pay for LL vs boarding groups. But not sure how’d they do that. Knowing how folks are, if they’ve paid $100+ for their LL ride, I’m not sure how “Sorry, here’s your money back” will fly.
Boarding groups aren't guaranteed, that's how they'll prioritize LL.

I've been inside by the cage with blasters in it and nice cold A/C for 20 minutes. A nice rock bench also so can't complain.

Edit: just started moving

brettf22

Premium Member
Boarding groups aren't guaranteed, that's how they'll prioritize LL.

I've been inside by the cage with blasters in it and nice cold A/C for 20 minutes. A nice rock bench also so can't complain.

Edit: just started moving
I was going on the assumption that buying a LL pass would assign you a boarding group, which would make it challenging to separate the two groups. But I guess they will simply go by return time for LL passes. Then, just like FP, if the ride goes down, they get a “return any time” pass. Much easier to squeeze out the boarding group folks that way.

And good to hear things are rolling again.

doctornick

I'm surprised to see the windows back to being so very short - even the 1 PM one - before they fill. Maybe over Labor Day weekend it made some sense, but how is that persisting? Could it be due to the resumption of (new) AP sales?

brettf22

Premium Member
I'm surprised to see the windows back to being so very short - even the 1 PM one - before they fill. Maybe over Labor Day weekend it made some sense, but how is that persisting? Could it be due to the resumption of (new) AP sales?
It is interesting. Some of this could be the new system rolled out today. And while crowds are definitely still “light” this week (comparatively), DHS continues to feel the busiest of the four parks. Of course, it doesn’t help that Rise, Tower, RnR, MMRR, and Slinky have all been down at some time today.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I was going on the assumption that buying a LL pass would assign you a boarding group, which would make it challenging to separate the two groups. But I guess they will simply go by return time for LL passes. Then, just like FP, if the ride goes down, they get a “return any time” pass. Much easier to squeeze out the boarding group folks that way.

And good to hear things are rolling again.
I think they will be separate, based on the recent pics showing a separate Lightning Lane from the Virtual Lane.

But to your previous point about handling downtime, you're absolutely right. I can see the new system having people shorten stays, because if you can buy your way onto Rise, no need for 2-3 MGM days to try for boarding passes. If that one day the ride is down, I'm sure you get a refund, but you also miss the ride.

Long story short, I just wish the ride was more reliable, because when its working, it really is amazing.

Hawg G

Yeah, hoping times will be long again in a week and a half. I think operational problems are a big reasons for today.

DisneyCane

The new system isn't shortening the window from 45 minutes to 8 seconds. This is very strange given the crowd levels.
I don't know what the crowds were like last week when the windows were open for so long but today it wasn't very crowded. If the ride can't serve everybody who was there today it is ridiculously inadequate for the headline attraction of a land based on such a popular IP.

I got group 7 this morning. So far the 4 or 5 times I've gone to DHS since RotR opened I've always gotten a group at the 7AM (once was when you had to go into the park first at 9) distribution. I doubt I'll have that kind of luck when they take whatever percentage of the capacity for IAS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom