News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

It’s been nearly a month but I still got it ;)
EB836911-C57D-4807-B13B-2E9DE006802E.jpeg

rustincohle

I've read every post in this thread for 18 months. I was supposed to be visiting from the UK in May 2020, now it's November 2021. I cannot wait to finally get my chance to give the boarding pass dash a go, even if I'll be nervous as hell! So jealous of all of you that know the ride inside out; I've managed to avoid some spoilers I think but it really does sound incredible.

gmajew

Ok going in a august can someone explain to me the process of getting a padding group. This is my only goal this trip to get on this ride.

so please let me know what I need to do.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Ok going in a august can someone explain to me the process of getting a padding group. This is my only goal this trip to get on this ride.

so please let me know what I need to do.

See this below from @disneygeek90 - this is basically the same method we use and it has never failed us. My only additional note is to use time.gov on another device to watch the seconds tick by to hit 7am on the dot.

Here's the Virtual Queue page you should sit on in MDE -

IMG_CAAE330E8EE0-1.jpeg

This is what I do. I pull this screen up at about 6:59:30.

View attachment 549361
I usually open the app a couple mins before to make sure I'm logged in. I don’t press join virtual queue until I see my clock on my phone strike 7, and then I press it immediately. From there, the join group button is already available. Select it, let the friends and family load, and then tap the join group as fast as possible. While the family and friends are spinning I usually start tapping the bottom as I know where the button will be.

disneygeek90

See this below from @disneygeek90 - this is basically the same method we use and it has never failed us. My only additional note is to use time.gov on another device to watch the seconds tick by to hit 7am on the dot.

Here's the Virtual Queue page you should sit on in MDE -

View attachment 562089
Same method today for me. I even paused a solid second or two so I could sleep a little more and still ended with 20 😂

Family and friends list loaded incredibly quick for me today. FWIW, I’ve never used the time clocks and just rely on my iphone. Never had an issue but I’m sure it reassures some to use it.

rreading

1pm window was open for roughly ~1 minute and 55 seconds - current groups called up to 72 (2 groups less than yesterday).
I was practicing for our trip today at the 1pm drop (6am our time is a little early for me to practice) and I was “you’ve got to be kidding me!”

I’m sure it’s not going to work as easily on Wednesday

gmajew

Same method today for me. I even paused a solid second or two so I could sleep a little more and still ended with 20 😂

Family and friends list loaded incredibly quick for me today. FWIW, I’ve never used the time clocks and just rely on my iphone. Never had an issue but I’m sure it reassures some to use it.
Do you have to be inside park to do it? Or just on grounds?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Do you have to be inside park to do it? Or just on grounds?

For the 7am boarding group window, you can be anywhere - as long as you have valid park tickets and a park reservation.

For the 1pm window, you have to have tapped past the turnstiles into DHS before 1pm, but then you are then free to join a boarding group anywhere (you don't have to be within DHS).

SaltyD

I feel like I'm back in school studying for a test based on all the "how to's" - I hope I remember all the ways next month when I'm there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom