News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

The lightsaber in the elevator wasn’t working. Neither were the last two shooters or the security droid.

Got to see the preshows tho!
Other than the lightsaber, that’s pretty much par for the course.

My very first ride ever the lightsaber wasn’t working. I didn’t realize that was a thing missing until I watched a few walkthrough/reviews later that night.

Ripken10

How about for the afternoon?
DCBaker has posted if not all, just about every piece of data in this thread for everyday. He is also been pretty consistent with what time he posted each. I had (might still have it somewhere, but not sure) wrote down about a months worth of data he posted once.

Don't have the time now to do it, otherwise I might.

pdude81

We've done the 1pm thing before but always been in the park. You just have to have tapped into the park to be able to try at 1, right? We are planning for a lunch at resort around 1 and would come back for Rise if we get it. My wife has seen a few places where they mention you have to be "in the park" at 1, but my understanding was just that you had to have swiped in before 1 and they wouldn't have any idea where you were after that.

DCBaker

Premium Member
We've done the 1pm thing before but always been in the park. You just have to have tapped into the park to be able to try at 1, right? We are planning for a lunch at resort around 1 and would come back for Rise if we get it. My wife has seen a few places where they mention you have to be "in the park" at 1, but my understanding was just that you had to have swiped in before 1 and they wouldn't have any idea where you were after that.

Yep! As long as you've tapped past the turnstiles, you can grab the 1pm boarding group from anywhere!

DLR>WDW

May I ask, which method is more reliable in securing a boarding pass—pulling down to refresh on the “Join Boarding Group” screen, or tapping into that screen from “My Queues” directly at 7. I’ve used the latter method and gotten group 2, but have read about some instances of the groups opening earlier than the scheduled time, of which you’d only be able to act on if you used the pull to refresh method.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
May I ask, which method is more reliable in securing a boarding pass—pulling down to refresh on the “Join Boarding Group” screen, or tapping into that screen from “My Queues” directly at 7. I’ve used the latter method and gotten group 2, but have read about some instances of the groups opening earlier than the scheduled time, of which you’d only be able to act on if you used the pull to refresh method.
I had My friend use time.gov and I tapped “Join virtual queue” right at 7 without refreshing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom