News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Boarding groups just closed. But guests were able to arrive during park hours today and get a boarding group. Fan freaking tastic!

Well... I would think that there are some guests who didn't know that the opening time was recently changed and would be planning for a 9 AM opening... and disappointment.

ImperfectPixie

They did this with AK during Thanksgiving week. Changed time from normal 9 am to 8 am open.
Got there at usual rope drop time of 7 am and turnstile was open and people all over the park. FoP wait already at 2 hours.

Morale of story is always check the open times the night before because they will change without warning.
As of yet, checking the night before hasn't mattered because they've changed the opening time without notifying anyone.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Not sure 4 days of weird boarding group drama is in itself indicative of anything. You make the same mistake the so called h8rs do, just from the other end of the street.

The real question will be in a couple of months when things normalize, does it affect in a significant way the overall total visitations to WDW.

For sure DHS will see an uptick, but does that add to or borrow from the rest of the WDW gates? They have been surprisingly generous with the Winter discounts for Hotel bookings, and DVC is promoting more than ever, coupled with many Disney TAs still saying it's light compared to previous years. Of course, the primary motivator or demotivator for travel to WDW are the ever increasing prices, speaking of which, there is always the February price increase just around the corner as well (rumored to be a double digit percentage increase for 2020).

Crunchie9

I would love to see a comparison of each day so far side the ride has opened on
1. What time boarding passes were fully distributed
2. what boarding groups were called, by what time each day
I wonder if anyone has that info? Maybe Len Testa??
There was a SPC chart listed after day three in the early evening.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The real question will be in a couple of months when things normalize, does it affect in a significant way the overall total visitations to WDW.

For sure DHS will see an uptick, but does that add to or borrow from the rest of the WDW gates? They have been surprisingly generous with the Winter discounts for Hotel bookings, and DVC is promoting more than ever, coupled with many Disney TAs still saying it's light compared to previous years. Of course, the primary motivator or demotivator for travel to WDW are the ever increasing prices, speaking of which, there is always the February price increase just around the corner as well (rumored to be a double digit percentage increase for 2020).
Hmm. The Disney TAs I've spoken to have said that they have not seen anything like 2020 as far as demand ever. As far as discounts, they don't seem any more generous than they have in previous years.

Also, FoP materially increased attendance. But it took several months of word of mouth for they really to kick in.

monothingie

Premium Member
Hmm. The Disney TAs I've spoken to have said that they have not seen anything like 2020 as far as demand for a long time.
The primary factor booking has nothing to do with Star Wars, but rather cost. It's simply too expensive for most.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Boarding groups just closed. But guests were able to arrive during park hours today and get a boarding group. Fan freaking tastic!

Moral of the story? If you want to have any chance of riding, you MUST be at the park within the first hour of the (stated) opening time, but even at that, there is no guarantee that you will ride that day (you might ride VERY late in the day or possibly be bumped to the next day).

mikejs78

Premium Member
The primary factor booking has nothing to do with Star Wars, but rather cost. It's simply too expensive for most.
As far as hotel rack rates, absolutely. I think most people think of the discounts as baked in, and I don't see those going away anytime soon.

But attendance has increased year after year and there's a lot more inventory now with Grand Destino and Riviera.

monothingie

Premium Member
Also, FoP materially increased attendance. But it took several months of word of mouth for they really to kick in.
NFL increased MK attendance by about 3 million over 3 years. Pandora is on track to do about the the same for DAK. SWGE will most likely do the same for DHS. When Epcot is finally done for 2022-24 it will probably do the same as well. Nothing revolutionary here that hasn't been done before.

Crunchie9

Arrived around 5:45AM on opening day and was boarding group 28.

Today I arrived at 7:50ish and got 79. Hoping to head back to the hotel, get some work done and jump on in the evening.

Anything specific anyone would like me to report back on this evening?
Just the time you get called, the time you arrive and the time you leave the ride.

monothingie

Premium Member
But attendance has increased year after year and there's a lot more inventory now with Grand Destino and Riviera.

Grand Destino is an outlier because of its corporate use. Have you seen the cash discounts at Riviera? Also the direct sale DVC enticements for for Riviera?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom