News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Umm rise hasn’t been worse than Hagrids and Hagrids still isn’t all that reliable. It was extremely unreliable when it opened to the point Univeral could never implement their virtual queue.

There were a lot of days in June, July, and August that Hagrids was only open half the day. It would routinely open after 12pm for the first couple months before they switched to park opening and closing early.

I was there the week od July 4th and it opened at 4:30 and closed at 8:30 on a day where I and many thousands of others waited 7+ hrs because they kept saying it was going to open and then said another hour and another hour. Well before they stared giving out ruby express passes. The second week of July the ride had a major break down and was down for over 24 hrs while they allegedly waited for parts from Europe. Then later in summer early fall the ride was down a lot because of the bee issues. Even now the ride regularly closes down well before park close.

Hagrids has been open 5 months and they still haven’t managed to get it to 100% capacity. Last I heard they are running 10 of 14 trains. They are still having a lot of scheduled down times and routinely close before park close. They aren’t having as many unannounced downtime aside from delayed openings. Universal manages their queue by way over inflating wait times. So they lie just like Disney.

Hagrids, just like RotR, isn’t available for early parking opening either.

RoTR is no where near the operational failure that was Hagrids at launch. I’ll compare the experiences two and a half weeks out of opening for both. I was there at Hagrids 2.5 weeks out and I’ll be there for RoTR two and a half weeks out.
Neither attraction were ready to be opened.

butterxcup

That's the thing US Disney was deprived of that technology for 15+ years while Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong etc have had it.

But if you haven't seen it before it's new to you.
This. So many people are going to come off RotR blown away and claim it’s the best ride ever because it’s going to be their first times seeing anything like it. That’s completely ok!! I’m not going to come at those people like ‘Hong Kong, Japan, Shanghai, and Paris have had rides similar to this for years so maybe tone it back a bit’.
RotR IS Disney combining a lot of previous done technology, however it’s done extremely well and I don’t doubt it’ll be a lot of visitors new ‘number one ride’.

Joeamc

Well, we're up to group 30 by 8:11 am... By comparison, on Saturday, it took until 11:14 to get to group 30... so it seems things might be running a bit better this morning (knock on wood)...
I would love to see a comparison of each day so far side the ride has opened on
1. What time boarding passes were fully distributed
2. what boarding groups were called, by what time each day
I wonder if anyone has that info? Maybe Len Testa??

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
But Star Wars is dead, people... Oversaturated. No ride based on ST characters can can succeed. Galaxy's Edge is a ghost town. Disney made a $1B mistake.

I think I captured most of the pre-RotR narrative....
Not sure 4 days of weird boarding group drama is in itself indicative of anything. You make the same mistake the so called h8rs do, just from the other end of the street.

Touchdown

There is another Disney message board, which is a three letter shortening of Walt’s last name, that has compiled that information in a table.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom