News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
No - but it is that lack of information that keeps me from being able to fully dismiss either method (because there is not conclusive constraints eliminating either) and making new definitive claims of what the only factors are... like you did.

i can not eliminate or determine what caused the failures (related to the method or not) - so they are data points, not conclusive.

No hou went beyond that... deciding which pieces were impactful and what the scope of relevance was.

a failed test case does not necessarily mean a postulate is wrong - it can also mean it's incomplete in describing the relevant pieces.

TLDR dont take a failure as its wrong - it may be just incomplete

From my personal run throughs at the parks, I can confidently state:

4F2980C1-02D3-422A-9329-715ABC0295BB.jpeg

😜

Edit - but to your point, there are any number of factors that can throw a wrench in the system (was the users watch off a few seconds and they clicked to early? did someone leave their phone on battery save mode and it wasn’t cycling on full speed? was the person standing in a space they weren’t getting a good cell signal and didn’t notice it? etc...), but I think finding a repeatable system that minimizes user impact on getting a bad ping is pretty much what we’re doing and I think the methods have been largely pretty good at that, even though every step may not be definitively helpful, we’ve knocked out a lot of things that could be harmful.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member

View attachment 451280

😜

Edit - but to your point, there are any number of factors that can throw a wrench in the system (was the users watch off a few seconds and they clicked to early? did someone leave their phone on battery save mode and it wasn’t cycling on full speed? was the person standing in a space they weren’t getting a good cell signal and didn’t notice it? etc...), but I think finding a repeatable system that minimizes user impact on getting a bad ping is pretty much what we’re doing and I think the methods have been largely pretty good at that, even though every step may not be definitively helpful, we’ve knocked out a lot of things that could be harmful.

Simply put... you have made observations about a sequence of steps that have given a fairly highly repeatable successful rate. Its not trying to claim “this is what must be done” but rather “here is what has shown to be successful”

There maybe steps that are superfluous or not directly impacting... but with the limited ability to test variables... and the steps being fairly non intrusive ... its a high hill to climb for little gain to push hard to clean it up.

Most of the steps like powering off are nice broad strokes that cover multiple angles rather than being the specific thing needed, etc. there are a lot of variables outside of user control and ultimately even a perfectly optimized sequence is not gaurunteed success.

KevinPage

View attachment 451280

😜

The Demarke with a KevinPage ’Twist’ is looking to continue its perfect streak tomorrow (2/23)

Since the “lottery” system of BG’s being available at park opening I’ve been:

5 for 6 at Team Fresh/Scratch
3 for 3 at DwaKPT

(Note - my only failure was the app wasn’t even giving me a red My Status prior or post 7/8am, so not really anything to do with the procedure (I think) but maybe if I loaded app early and “sat in it a few minutes” it would have been all synch’d & happy?”)

Due to always having to click multiple people (can’t do Select All) that always costs me some of the potential DwarKPT benefits but it has given me slightly lower groups so far (knock on wood).

And the reason for my changeover was park opening kicked back to 8am, as opposed to 7am. Seemed this caused groups to go much faster than before, so needed to shave a few extra seconds off my procedure to maintain my early morning BG streak 🤩🤩🤩

43E71FFC-C709-4867-92CB-5F9A672AF9D0.png

abdelaziz

Hello !
So from your experience what's the average time it takes for the boarding passes to run out on a packed day ?
also for someone who is alone and can only use the park's wifi is it even doable ?
And thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Hello !
So from your experience what's the average time it takes for the boarding passes to run out on a packed day ?
also for someone who can only use the park's wifi and is alone is it even doable ?
Hello, and welcome to the forum!!!!! I love meeting new people. To answer your question the guaranteed boarding groups are gone within the first 2 minutes. sometimes back ups can still be given out for a while but on busy days those go too in a matter of minutes. and its been recommended you don't use wifi but your own data plan for faster connection.

LittleBuford

Hello !
also for someone who can only use the park's wifi and is alone is it even doable ?

Welcome to the forum! I believe the guaranteed groups generally run out within about the first minute, with backup groups available for a little longer (sometimes only another minute or so, sometimes several minutes). I'm afraid I can't speak to the park's wifi. If you're coming from abroad, does your phone have roaming capabilities?

abdelaziz

Hello, and welcome to the forum!!!!! I love meeting new people. To answer your question the guaranteed boarding groups are gone within the first 2 minutes. sometimes back ups can still be given out for a while but on busy days those go too in a matter of minutes. and its been recommended you don't use wifi but your own data plan for faster connection.
Thank you ! and so do I ! It's really nice talking to awesome people like you guys.
As for the wifi I sadly can't find any data plan other than disney's as I'm from abroad.
But hey I'll be staying on property for a long time so I guess I have plenty of shots to take. 😄
I don't know how bad it is with disney's wifi but 1 to 2 minutes doesn't sound too bad.

Welcome to the forum! I believe the guaranteed groups generally run out within about the first minute, with backup groups available for a little longer (sometimes only another minute or so, sometimes several minutes). I'm afraid I can't speak to the park's wifi. If you're coming from abroad, does your phone have roaming capabilities?
Again thank you guys for the warm welcome !
Sadly my phone doesn't have any roaming capabilities.
I guess I'll just have to wake up early every morning ( which is not too bad since I do it every day ) and try multiple times.
If I still can't get on it I guess MMRR is a pretty good consolidation prize.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Thank you ! and so do I ! It's really nice talking to awesome people like you guys.
As for the wifi I sadly can't find any data plan other than disney's as I'm from abroad.
But hey I'll be staying on property for a long time so I guess I have plenty of shots to take. 😄
I don't know how bad it is with disney's wifi but 1 to 2 minutes doesn't sound too bad.

I guess I'll just have to wake up early every morning ( which is not too bad since I do it every day ) and try multiple times.
I am sure it is doable with Disney Wifi but probably makes it more difficult and most likely will result in a back up or higher end boarding group. or you can go to a cast member to try to get a physical boarding group ticket

solidyne

A brand new member using multi-quote! 👍

abdelaziz

I am sure it is doable with Disney Wifi but probably makes it more difficult and most likely will result in a back up or higher end boarding group. or you can go to a cast member to try to get a physical boarding group ticket
So if I'm not able to get it within like the first days do I just go to a cast member, explain my situation and ask politely ?
That sounds like a really good backup solution, if the cast member agrees of course.
A brand new member using multi-quote! 👍
The way I'm doing it would actually make you laugh 😄
I basically click on reply, answer, copy the whole thing then reply to the next post and past the previous answer.

disneygeek90

In my experience, attempting a group as a party of 1 is actually an advantage. You get to “skip the step” of choosing your additional friends on the list. As long as you have a few bars the WiFi should be fine.

abdelaziz

Your best bet would be to line up at one of the Cast Member booths at Hollywood Studios itself even before the boarding groups are released.
Oh that's certainly a much better solution, I didn't know that it was even possible. Thank you very much.
In my experience, attempting a group as a party of 1 is actually an advantage. You get to “skip the step” of choosing your additional friends on the list. As long as you have a few bars the WiFi should be fine.
That's very good news, again thank you everyone for all the help and I'm sorry if I'm spamming this thread.

disneygeek90

That's very good news, again thank you everyone for all the help and I'm sorry if I'm spamming this thread.
No worries! It’s 450 pages and we all want everyone to have boarding group success.

For the WiFi I’d just recommend not being with the masses near ToT and the Chinese theater. Hanging somewhere in the first half of sunset blvd should give you some room with a stronger WiFi signal.

abdelaziz

No worries! It’s 450 pages and we all want everyone to have boarding group success.

For the WiFi I’d just recommend not being with the masses near ToT and the Chinese theater. Hanging somewhere in the first half of sunset blvd should give you some room with a stronger WiFi signal.
You guys form an amazing community !
and Yeah that's actually what I'm planning to do, I kind of kept up with this thread for a little bit when it first started and that was my main takeaway.

You're not! I wish every post in this forum were as pleasant as yours (though I must say this particular thread is refreshingly free of hostility).
Thank you very much, that really a nice thing to hear first thing in the morning ( it's really early now where I live ).

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Your best bet would be to line up at one of the Cast Member booths at Hollywood Studios itself even before the boarding groups are released.
Agree, with a warning not to be second in line for a cast member, I heard one CM Friday letting a line of folks know that groups run out for them the same time it does for us (fast!), so if you need assistance but can’t find a cast member you can be first in line for to help you immediately when the park opens, it’s better to roll the dice and just try it yourself.

Last edited:

Darstarr

In the Parks
No

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom