News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MJJME

So stopped again at 106. If it wasn't for the "delay" (which I think was fake because it was so early) they would have called their last group at 4:15. Instead it was 4:30. This is really ridiculous. Have ability to call another 45 groups which could be about another estimated 5000 guests and still close the ride before the park closes.

KevinPage: this isn't a hypothetical either. Ride closed approximately 4 hours prior to scheduled park closing.

KevinPage: this isn't a hypothetical either. Ride closed approximately 4 hours prior to scheduled park closing.

hope you weren't in line for groups 107-150

MJJME

So stopped again at 106. If it wasn't for the "delay" (which I think was fake because it was so early) they would have called their last group at 4:15. Instead it was 4:30. This is really ridiculous. Have ability to call another 45 groups which could be about another estimated 5000 guests and still close the ride before the park closes.

hope you weren't in line for groups 107-150
Unless they call more of course then I'm 100% wrong

KevinPage

Iā€™m on a cruise and just getting service for the first time all week, but it looks like ROTR is having a decent day. Iā€™m only in mild withdrawals.

Thereā€™s hardcore and then there is ā€œon a šŸš¢ with no internet and the moment you do you go onto a MESSAGE BOARD to talk about the PROCESS to get on a SINGLE RIDEā€ -core šŸ™„šŸ˜›šŸ¤“

A0D657BF-19BD-4621-A2CA-8A214295DDF2.gif

MiddKid

Last day. Trying to go 3/3. Even 50 degrees and drizzle is better than the 10 degrees we will return to tonight.
Last day for us too. Of our group of 9, weā€™re down to 4. After BGs of 10 and 11 this week, not being able to Select All will slow us down but In Demarke We Trust. Changed all 4 avatars to Arialā€™s bright red hair for visual help.
Also, unfortunately, we had 3 phones doing this during our trip...today two of those are in the not riding group. One device, here we go...

MiddKid

After bg 21 and 18 Wouldnā€™t give us the join button. With 3 of us my wife finally got through. BG85. Bummer. Will probably miss it. Oh well. Right up front for TOT.
Last day for us too. Of our group of 9, weā€™re down to 4. After BGs of 10 and 11 this week, not being able to Select All will slow us down but In Demarke We Trust. Changed all 4 avatars to Arialā€™s bright red hair for visual help.
Also, unfortunately, we had 3 phones doing this during our trip...today two of those are in the not riding group. One device, here we go...

We had a Demarke failure. I did Demarke which served us well the other two days but when hitting Find Out More today resulted in a grey button. So I hit My Status. Still greyed out. Ahhh!

Then, from behind me, one of our more technologically challenged members who is rocking an iPhone 4 (not kidding) on 3G says that he booted the app at 8:00 and he was in. He got BG21 (and that was with manually selecting our party members). I guess thatā€™s proof that the device/network doesnā€™t really matter!

E3CC3982-8B1C-4044-9653-88B6E820EDE1.png

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I šŸ‘ you?
Premium Member
@kevinpage

Game on! Iā€™ll try the instant off/on next time and report back whether it seems to make any difference, will try to make it tomorrow morning because with the crappy corral assignment I got for the 10k, even finishing under an hour may not get me to the HS gate in time Saturday!

Ruh-roh! Didnā€™t pan out for me, it could be wholly unrelated (and with my lack of tech know-how, probably is), but I tried the ā€œswipe very thing closed and do a quick restart at 7:45ā€ method (which I believe the Russian chess community is now referring to as a ā€˜modified demarke strategy with a page gambitā€™), and ended up not getting ā€œjoin groupā€ to come up when I clicked ā€œfind out moreā€ at 8:00. I tried going back and forth with check status three times and ended up restarting the app to get it to come up, BG 75.
3ED51101-BBCE-4051-B4DA-7B0655C38C13.png
Glitches do happen occasionally no matter what you do, but I think Iā€™m back to my old ways if I make it in time after the race tomorrow. šŸ˜ƒ

Edit- @MiddKid, youā€™ve got some company, haha! Glad someone in youā€™re group got a good one!

KevinPage

Ruh-roh! Didnā€™t pan out for me, it could be wholly unrelated (and with my lack of tech know-how, probably is), but I tried the ā€œswipe very thing closed and do a quick restart at 7:45ā€ method (which I believe the Russian chess community is now referring to as a ā€˜modified demarke strategy with a page gambitā€™), and ended up not getting ā€œjoin groupā€ to come up when I clicked ā€œfind out moreā€ at 8:00. I tried going back and forth with check status three times and ended up restarting the app to get it to come up, BG 75.
View attachment 450732
Glitches do happen occasionally no matter what you do, but I think Iā€™m back to my old ways if I make it in time after the race tomorrow. šŸ˜ƒ

Edit- @MiddKid, youā€™ve got some company, haha!

Crazy how all these variables change for people and what works for 1 person doesnā€™t for the next.

Holding my breath for my Sunday visit.

And it seems slightly less crazy today as took 2-4 additional minutes for backup groups to go than prior days.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom