News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MJJME

Can someone explain this one? Right now at 8:41am they are on groups 15-23 according to the app. What happened to groups 1-14? Did they already pass through the scan point? Everyone in those groups? Just seems odd that if you have an hour to get there after your group is called they'd all have already gotten there and got on. I only ask because if I get an early number like that I still am going to try and get through MF:SR first if I am able.
For some reason Disney starts at varying numbers.......I don't think I have ever seen it start at 1 and most seem to start in 8-14 range....maybe they use the first few BG's for early morning tests and its just a software thing? (meaning groups 1-14 were run by engineering staff from 4am-7am as test groups)

DCBaker

Premium Member
They don't start at zero every day. I've read a couple theories about the first few groups being test groups for the boarding group system, but I don't know if that's a thing because for sure some people have received group 1 before.

There has been a few times with very low groups being first called (groups 1, 2, 3...), just not very often. Typically they've been starting around 10 (+ or - a few).

With groups starting at 15 today, there are only 41 initial boarding groups before backup groups are called.

factory190

Looks like a shoe.

What advice in particular did you follow?
WiFi/BT off. Turn phone off 7:40. Turn back on at 7:55. At 7:59:50 open app. Today the app opened a moment before 8 so when my
Phone flipped I start tapping and got right through. No crashes or refreshes. I was also patient and just waited for what seemed for ever as each screen loaded. However, judging by the cheers where I was, I got a group significantly faster than everyone around me.

MichRX7

Premium Member
I too did a test run, but I did none of the tricks. All I did was clear all background apps. Turn off WiFi and Bluetooth. Had the app open and hit “find out more”. Once I got to the not in park I just hit the back arrow on the top of the app to get to the main screen and started over. Did this three times and got in to a regular group all three times.
Phone is IPhone 11 on att network in St.Louis. We’ll see how it goes for real Saturday when we are in the park.

I'll be with you there on Saturday. We have a healthy mix of newer iPhones and Androids with some T-Mobile, some Verizon and some AT&T. My test this morning was on a Samsung Galaxy S8 with T-Mobile, so not even new.

jinx8402

The most depressing thing is seeing MF:SR jump up to a 50 minute wait in the first two minutes. How does anyone get there that fast? I know I can't at my age. Our plan was to rope drop that. And SDD was at 80 minutes by that time.

I roped drop MFSR back in November and was on the ride within 10-15 minutes, but posted wait time was already around 45 minutes. I would estimate there was 50-75 in front of us before we started our walk to SWGE. I believe what they do at rope drop is just bump up the posted wait time to what they expect it to be once the end of the rope droppers are in the queue. So essentially, get there really early to Rope Drop, be at the front of the pack and walk as fast as possible because people will try to run around you.

Steve-I-Am

Ha!!!
fast walking.jpg

UNCgolf

Backup boarding groups were gone at 8:01:10am. The first backup group today is 56.

I knew this was going to start happening eventually. It's going to be a serious problem going forward; I can't even imagine what it will be like over Spring Break.

With that said, they're currently giving out less BGs overall than they used to, right? Not only are there less guaranteed groups, but less total? That would have an obvious effect as well on how quickly they go.

Can someone explain this one? Right now at 8:41am they are on groups 15-23 according to the app. What happened to groups 1-14? Did they already pass through the scan point? Everyone in those groups? Just seems odd that if you have an hour to get there after your group is called they'd all have already gotten there and got on. I only ask because if I get an early number like that I still am going to try and get through MF:SR first if I am able.
If they started at 15 and backup groups start at 56 they must not think they’ll get through many groups today....

I knew this was going to start happening eventually. It's going to be a serious problem going forward; I can't even imagine what it will be like over Spring Break.

With that said, they're currently giving out less BGs overall than they used to, right? Not only are there less guaranteed groups, but less total? That would have an obvious effect as well on how quickly they go.
I’m going over spring break 😳

MJJME

Spring break and Easter are going to be a disaster

Parker in NYC

Spring break and Easter and Memorial Day and Flag Day and Independence Day and Labor Day and National Potato day and National Talk Like a Pirate Day and Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday and Friday and Saturday and Sunday and Christmas and all 8 days of Hanukkah and National Cupcake Day (every day at Disney) and countless other minutes, hours, days, and months are going to be a disaster

I really hate FTFY. I mean, I hate it more than peanut brittle (sorry, peanut brittle fans). But I must edit the above.

lentesta

Premium Member
The most depressing thing is seeing MF:SR jump up to a 50 minute wait in the first two minutes. How does anyone get there that fast? I know I can't at my age. Our plan was to rope drop that. And SDD was at 80 minutes by that time.

They're probably signaling you to go somewhere else. It's likely the wait time was overstated.

For example, yesterday at Slinky Dog at 9:25 a.m., the posted wait was 180 minutes. Disney's internal data feed said the actual wait was 63, and that the FP wait was 4 minutes.

disrunner9

They're probably signaling you to go somewhere else. It's likely the wait time was overstated.

For example, yesterday at Slinky Dog at 9:25 a.m., the posted wait was 180 minutes. Disney's internal data feed said the actual wait was 63, and that the FP wait was 4 minutes.

Len, 2 questions:

1) is this internal feed part of the TP Lines app showing the discrepancy between posted and actual?

2) great article yesterday on cell/WiFi - what location(s) was determined to be amongst the better performing for cell service? (Assuming the network is the same as the one used during your testing)

Thanks!

MrHappy

Clearly, faith in the Disney WiFi is little to none. I understand the idea of going with your carriers data - but did I read @lentesta correctly, going with the WiFi, in front of Disney Jr, is by far the best option. Or is this just specific to TMobile users?

UNCgolf

I don't understand why so many people either don't understand this or actively ignore it -- the posted wait times are almost never actual wait times. If a ride has a posted wait of less than 30 minutes, it's often not much longer than a walk-on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom