News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

Star Tours has typically been a walk on for me early, and is a nice way to start a Star Wars day!

This remark will come across as an embarrassment of riches:

Since the new movie footage has been added to the ride, that’s the only scene you get EVERY TIME. So after 5-6x I’m over it. 😂😂😂

Plus I was hoping for better scenes from RoS, what they added was fairly ho-hum 🥱

disneygeek90

Since the new movie footage has been added to the ride, that’s the only scene you get EVERY TIME. So after 5-6x I’m over it. 😂😂😂

Plus I was hoping for better scenes from RoS, what they added was fairly ho-hum 🥱
I liked the first scene a lot, but I think I've only seen the new set twice.

KevinPage

@disneygeek90 or anyone else, any experience good or bad with multiple people all trying to grab a BG for your group?

Its always been left up to me, but tomorrow my friend is going to try with me. I know you can’t each get one for the entire group, but when you are talking seconds (or fractions of) I keep thinking the app gets confused and everyone gets screwed. 😂😂😂.

#NoFaithInMDE
#DisneyIT

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
@disneygeek90 or anyone else, any experience good or bad with multiple people all trying to grab a BF for your group?

Its always been left up to me, but tomorrow my friend is going to try with me. I know you can’t each get one for the entire group, but when you are talking seconds (or fractions of) I keep thinking the app gets confused and everyone gets screwed. 😂😂😂.

The more people trying in your group the better. Whenever the first person gets one, the rest will not be able to join one since they will show up as already being in one.

disneygeek90

@disneygeek90 or anyone else, any experience good or bad with multiple people all trying to grab a BF for your group?

#NoFaithInMDE
#DisneyIT
I’ve watched lots of YouTube videos cause I think seeing everyone’s experience is fun. No issues with multiple people trying that I’ve seen. It’ll just give the second or third person trying to book a notification that they’re already in a group.

I’ll be trying the same tomorrow with you lol

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Did every BG that was issued today get called?

142 called at the end....

1579914467621.png

huis14

1 - Correct. You just need to be tapped past the turnstiles before 7am.

2 - Correct. However, today the groups did open at 6:59. It makes no difference if you tap it at 6:10 or 6:55.

3 - I've not heard this. When the app is open and you click "Find out more" to start the boarding group process, click on Join Boarding Group to start. If that Join Boarding Group button is not lit up, you can try refreshing it my clicking on My Status or force closing the app and restarting.

Thanks! I appreciate your help.

steveNJ

I’ve arrived @ Disney Springs and I’m preparing to try for ride number 2 tomorrow. Should probably go to bed and get some sleep. Now I just need to decide if I drive myself or Uber so i don’t have a car stuck at DHS when I hop to Epcot for the evening (or just drive to both?).

disneygeek90

I’ve arrived @ Disney Springs and I’m preparing to try for ride number 2 tomorrow. Should probably go to bed and get some sleep. Now I just need to decide if I drive myself or Uber so i don’t have a car stuck at DHS when I hop to Epcot for the evening (or just drive to both?).
You can check out the skyliner if you’d like. It took me 20 mins to get from DHS to Epcot a couple weeks ago.

Seems like we have a good crew ready for tomorrow! I hit up Epcot after work, watched the fireworks, and was home at 10pm ready to get back to ROTR in the morning.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
As a follow-up, I just checked and MFSR is currently a 55 minute wait. SDD is currently a 120 minute wait. Definitely seems like SDD is the way to go.
Purely anecdotal, but when I got down on Jan 8, I was one of the first through the turnstiles and went SDD route (they hold you at the entrance by animation courtyard). I was the only person at the holding line for about 2 minutes, eventually it filled up and was just as backed up as it had been before Star Wars, but the first wave was all toward Smuggler’s Run and I was the exception. If you are not in the early folks in the park (or it looks too backed up at SDD line), I would (and have) gone to ToT and RnR and done each a couple of times before the denser crowds show up (while waiting for your boarding group for RotR).

relic827

How long does it usually stay locked onto whatever the new footage is? It seems like the last few times I’ve been, there’s been a new scene that it’s stuck on. But I guess there have been a lot of new Star Wars movies in the past 5 years...

KevinPage

How long does it usually stay locked onto whatever the new footage is? It seems like the last few times I’ve been, there’s been a new scene that it’s stuck on. But I guess there have been a lot of new Star Wars movies in the past 5 years...

Hard to say as this is the first time in my life that I’m going to DHS almost every weekend for a few months, so my results are skewed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom