News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

flynnibus

Premium Member
At least Disneyland is running from open.

It's very interesting to wonder what causes these issues though. To go from smooth sailing, perfect OPs, to ride fully down and vehicles not moving. What is happening in the coding? What is causing such bugs that they can get it up today? Would love to get a bit inside information on how a ride like this is programmed, and what could cause it to be fine one moment, and then not.

It's because of this...
router.gif

Rob562

That would be my guess.

The issue has to be in the trackless portion because we know they've skipped the pre-shows before. For such an issue to kill the entire ride, it'd have to be something that every vehicle must encounter like a door sensor reading as closed/open when the door is open/closed. That could be a faulty sensor or some unknown series of events that puts an otherwise working sensor in an invalid state thereby causing the issue.

Do we know that they've bypassed the preshows since those first few days of it being reported? Perhaps they got blowback from WDI or other upper level people after being called out about it online that they're now properly shutting down if the preshows aren't operational.

-Rob

Epcot_Imagineer

Oh, so it changed one week before, okay. Well two days from now it will be one week till I arrive. I will keep checking. I do hope it remains at 8 a.m. opening so I don't have to get there at 6 a.m. Arriving at 7 a.m. for an 8 a.m. opening would be better for me and for most people, I would think.
Had to read all the pages that have passed to make sure no one answered -- but please know @ThistleMae you do NOT need to be at the park an hour before opening to ride RotR. On my trip I walked through the turnstiles about 20 minutes before opening and still had time to use the restroom and get a coffee before getting boarding group 35. All you need to do is be anywhere within the park at the time the park opens and get a boarding group on the MDE app. Don't think that by arriving at 6 am for a 7 am opening you will get an earlier boarding group. Someone who arrived at 6:55 am for a 7 am open will have the same chance as someone who arrived at 5 am at getting an early boarding group.

disneygeek90

Oh, so it changed one week before, okay. Well two days from now it will be one week till I arrive. I will keep checking. I do hope it remains at 8 a.m. opening so I don't have to get there at 6 a.m. Arriving at 7 a.m. for an 8 a.m. opening would be better for me and for most people, I would think.
I'm bringing family Feb 1 and hoping the time is pushed to 7. While there's still a ton of people to compete with currently, an 8am open would undoubtedly have even more competition in the park. And like @Epcot_Imagineer said, a 6:15-6:30 arrival is more than enough time for a 7am open.

KevinPage

Already up to 83, pretty good considering the huge delay.

Is it just me or does the throughout seem to be steadily increasing? Which means once all the technical snafus are worked out (and in a year if they correct this within 3-4 months, it will be a distant memory)

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

I'm bringing family Feb 1 and hoping the time is pushed to 7. While there's still a ton of people to compete with currently, an 8am open would undoubtedly have even more competition in the park. And like @Epcot_Imagineer said, a 6:15-6:30 arrival is more than enough time for a 7am open.

Your wish has been granted! Hours just shifted to 7am through 2/2 - as in, within the last 2 hours! Check for better or earlier Fastpasses as desired.

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

this reads like my friend's girlfriend's uncle Knew someone...
I trying not to use names because everyone in their family except for him is a cast member. It not a he said she said he literally texted me the second it happened because it went against everything he was hearing about boarding groups. I for one am for ignoring what they say and trying early, you never know when you will be the lucky one to catch the glitch?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom