News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Parker in NYC

I'll play, too, although I have only gone twice.
12/5 Group 28
12/7 Group 26

It has been one of the most incredible experiences to follow the construction of the land and ride, and get to go on it opening day and two days later. And, so much fun to read the excitement of others as they get to experience this amazing attraction. Wish I could go again, but alas, we only got the AP for one year and now are back to other vacation destinations. We will return to WDW in a few years, probably with grandkids in tow.

12/5 1.5 times / Group 10

That's all I got but I'm glad I do! The energy and excitement of that morning,
Lieutenant Bek
(the mascot of SW:GE as far as I'm concerned), and an extraordinary attraction that redefines the genre. The greatest I've experienced in any Disney park I've visited - including everything at TDR.

Weather_Lady

Oh, so it changed one week before, okay. Well two days from now it will be one week till I arrive. I will keep checking. I do hope it remains at 8 a.m. opening so I don't have to get there at 6 a.m. Arriving at 7 a.m. for an 8 a.m. opening would be better for me and for most people, I would think.

The flip side is that, as you say, a later opening is better for you and "most people," which means that if the park opens at 8am, "most people" -- or at least, thousands more people -- will be there competing for the same boarding groups that you are. Plus, an extra hour of operation in the morning means increased numbers of people able to ride over the course of a day. (At least in theory: this pre-supposes they can actually get the thing open on a given day, which, inexplicably seems to still be a challenge in light of today's reports.)

Last edited:

Parker in NYC

Agreed seeing as of opening it went immediately to a 175 wait....inflated by the insane amount of your groups here now

So did meetings with Anna and Elsa. I would probably cancel a trip to AK if FoP was under refurbishment (and AK is my favorite park) so, I love it intensely. But it still isn't within the same category as RoTR, IMHO.

jinx8402

2 different scenarios:

Scenario 1 - 2 single day base tickets (separate tickets) - NOT a single combined 2 day ticket - you could use 1 ticket one to enter 1 park and the other ticket to enter another park on the same day, that is not an issue.

Scenario 2 - a single 2-day base ticket - only has 2 admissions on it for 2 separate days - the admissions must be used on separate days, they cannot be used on the same day.

Thanks. So in that case, this is fine. I didn't realize if it was separate ticket media, you can use both. I would then assume, if you went to HS first thing, and got a boarding group, you could also return even if you went to a second park.

Parker in NYC

Can anyone speculate on what is going on today with the ride? Any cast members on this forum? Anyone in park that has any reliable information? We have a trip coming in April and I am thinking of canceling until this ride is figured out (if that ever happens at all). This ride is unreliable and there are no benefits to a resort guest so not sure I want to waste my money at this time

To save you the trouble. You will be lambasted with the following:

a) No attraction is required to be operational.
b) Your resort status won't help you.
c) If you cancel your trip over an attraction, go cry in the corner.

With that said, I had a trip planned for May and we're now pushing it back to October. Too much angst to deal with at this point.

Parker in NYC

Yes I have read through some of this and can tell. But that still doesn't change the way my family is thinking and why we are raking this trip
1) we booked our trip based on this being operational
2) thought they would have FP by then (and that's not happening)
3) would push my trip out until the fall also to see if 1) and 2) are in place by then and if not push it out again.

I can't imagine they'll have FP by then. This is going to be BG only for the foreseeable future. There's no guarantee that it will be operational, or that you will have luck obtaining a BG. Others may have a different game plan here.

It's all the luck of the draw. I am hoping by fall that the kinks will be worked out. As of now, my new hope is fleeting.

trainplane3

After 1pm and not a single group called. Wow. I would love to know what exactly is the problem today.
Insider footage:
kylo-ren-reviews-the-last-jedi.gif

It's going to be a while.

Edit: Coincidentally, this is the same process to fix it.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I see there are a lot of smart people on here and then there is you.
I don't think my question was that bad considering this has to be considered a "major problem" where they about to lose an entire day. This could lead to no more guaranteed BG since they will not be able to accommodate everyone missing the ride or not open the ride tomorrow at all so they can accommodate today's guests.
Now I can see what the other person was taking about when saying you get lambasted here by certain rude people.

Welcome! Right now, I don't think we will know what's going on until either later in the day or tomorrow, at the earliest. The CMs that are a member here don't typically post things during their work day (as far as I know). Suffice it to say, whatever is going on is major for the ride to have not opened today, but what exactly is wrong is anyone's guess at this time. Better to not speculate and thus not spread false information.

Disney Analyst

At least Disneyland is running from open.

It's very interesting to wonder what causes these issues though. To go from smooth sailing, perfect OPs, to ride fully down and vehicles not moving. What is happening in the coding? What is causing such bugs that they can get it up today? Would love to get a bit inside information on how a ride like this is programmed, and what could cause it to be fine one moment, and then not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom