News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

gerarar

Premium Member
Same good start as yesterday.....ride seems down and stuck at 62
Screenshot_20200112-105057_Chrome.jpg

SplashJacket

My god. I needn’t need to preface this by saying I have been on every current E-ticket in all Disney parks around the world besides Simbads in Disney SEA and my god.

I can say single-handedly without hesitation that Rise is the best ride ever made, BY A LONG SHOT, in my opinion.

I have actively followed the development of the the ride for years and managed to maintain my expectations but after seeing people’s reactions I became like a kid on Christmas Eve. Even still, all my expectations were so so so exceeded.

Wow. 10/10 masterpiece. I am so glad to have this in WDW and DLA. Amazing.

I smiled harder than I have in years for the entire ride.

Also, despite the complaints from others I was impressed by the lightsaber and blaster affects.

disneygeek90

My god. I needn’t need to preface this by saying I have been on every current E-ticket in all Disney parks around the world besides Simbads in Disney SEA and my god.

I can say single-handedly without hesitation that Rise is the best ride ever made, BY A LONG SHOT, in my opinion.

I have actively followed the development of the the ride for years and managed to maintain my expectations but after seeing people’s reactions I became like a kid on Christmas Eve. Even still, all my expectations were so so so exceeded.

Wow. 10/10 masterpiece. I am so glad to have this in WDW and DLA. Amazing.

I smiled harder than I have in years for the entire ride.

Also, despite the complaints from others I was impressed by the lightsaber and blaster affects.
So glad you all got to experience it!!

Now you know why us crazies are getting up for this multiple times 😍

Last edited:

KevinPage

Here’s some news and notes from today’s ride that I’ll slap behind a spoiler wall:

1. At 7:45am everyone was using the FP line, they were not loading standard line, not sure why, but even with that we walked right up and got into the first group called for Rey/BB8 preshow without a hitch

2. As I mentioned in a previous post, on the Resistance transport right above Beck’s head to the left was a noticeable sticker that has some small wording and FIRE in large lettering. I don’t think I was oblivious on my first 14 rides, cause this stuck out like a sore thumb today

3. Right after the probe droid interaction and the stormtroopers start shooting at you from above, the lighting affects did not work on the blaster holes. The holes still appeared but you didn’t see any red blaster fire

4. When you come up to Kylo & Hux, our ride vehicle went noticeably deeper into that pocket than anytime before, I was expecting a malfunction, as we didn’t start backing up until 2-3 seconds after Kylo turned around. It make you feel that much more part of the scene and no ill effects, hope that happens more often

Last edited:

tower44

First ride for me today. I thought it was just me but noticed the delay in availability of BGs until a little after 7. But then got group 27–yippee. Was invited in around 7:48 am and everything worked so far as I could tell.

Awesome experience. LIves up to the hype. I have three more possible days to return on this trip and plan to do so at least 2x. All I can say is DO NOT SKIP THE TRANSPORT. Insist on that or get a FP!

(Edited to delete possible spoilers; not sure how to add that trick...)

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Nice day for ROTR today, although it could've been way better if not for the long downtime around 1pm+.
Also starting to notice a trend of a steeper climb as they get into the backup BG's, which I guess could be attributed to no-shows and people opting to skip their BG, unless there's something else going on... thoughts?
Screenshot_20200112-213737_Chrome.jpg

disneygeek90

First ride for me today. I thought it was just me but noticed the delay in availability of BGs until a little after 7. But then got group 27–yippee. Was invited in around 7:48 am and everything worked so far as I could tell.

Awesome experience. LIves up to the hype. I have three more possible days to return on this trip and plan to do so at least 2x. All I can say is DO NOT SKIP THE TRANSPORT. Insist on that or get a FP!

(Edited to delete possible spoilers; not sure how to add that trick...)
There’s three little dots you can click, then “spoiler” and the text goes within the quotes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom