News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

PeoplemoverTTA

Heard many cheers of excitement before my request went through.

I think that’s one of the coolest parts of experiencing RotR in these early days of the attraction - the camaraderie. When my son and I waited on the morning on 12/19, people were friendly, sharing tips and super upbeat. When 7 came and we all logged on, there was cheering and high-fiving with strangers going on. It was such a cool vibe. We Disney people are pretty darn cool 😎 (at least, most of us are 🤣).

disneygeek90

I think that’s one of the coolest parts of experiencing RotR in these early days of the attraction - the camaraderie. When my son and I waited on the morning on 12/19, people were friendly, sharing tips and super upbeat. When 7 came and we all logged on, there was cheering and high-fiving with strangers going on. It was such a cool vibe. We Disney people are pretty darn cool 😎 (at least, most of us are 🤣).
On my 3rd ride I went solo, spoke to a nice daughter and dad duo from out of state trying to experience for the first time, for a while before the gates opened. I hung around till I saw them get through, grab a boarding group, and pointed them in the direction of SR before we parted ways. It’s always fun conversing with friendly guests/CM’s, especially when going solo.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not a good day...

1577589701082.png

TrainsOfDisney

Today was a great day at studios.... slinky dog, midway mania, breakfast at docking bay, voyage of mermaid, multiple frozen shows with equity Ben, multiple citizens of Hollywood show (great cast today), muppets, skyliner to Carribean beach for lunch, and then back for rise and watching the projection show before heading over for mk fireworks.

Boarding process worked really well for me, it was well worth the early morning and extra hassle. The ride is great but the whole experience is also amazing and that’s a huge thanks to the great cm’s

Fsunolekrw

I definitely have to give major props to the members of this site and an extra helpful CM. Had a great day at Hollywood Studio today 12/28. Woke up at 4:30 and left the Dolphin at 5:00 walking with my brother and step dad. Arrived at the park and went through security around 5:19. Gates opened at 5:30 and was thru the entrance within 8 minutes. Definitely a festive atmosphere being there with a few thousand diehards, everyone giving each other tips/pointers, and watching their phone waiting for 6:00. As soon as 6:00 hit I pressed the join button and ended up in BG 32.

Here is where tips from this board helped us. Our whole trip was under my mom’s MDE which she had shared with me but not the others. My brother and step dad’s tickets were linked to her account. We are a party of 9 but only the 3 of us decided to hit the opening, everyone else wanted to sleep a little. An awesome CM was able to link us together and share all our plans as well as put us all into the same BG.

From there we went straight to GE. Got in line for MFSR (none of us had visited since GE opened) waited about an hour through a long queue when someone walking by mentioned single rider was only around a 10 minute wait. Got out of line to join the single rider line and had to wait only about 10 minutes before I joined a crew as a gunner. Really enjoyed the ride, don’t understand all of the hate it gets.

From there did breakfast at Ronto Roasters although I did get the regular Ronto Wrap not the breakfast one. Thought it was really good. Just the right amount of spicy with good flavor. Don’t know if it was worth what they charge for it though. Brother and step dad did breakfast at Docking Bay 7. They thought it was OK but was a cool set up.

Right as we finished eating our BG notification went off. Now I had been impressed with everything up to this point but ROTR is where GE really shines. All the hype is well deserved. The best ride that has been produced in a long time. Yes Kylo on the bridge was in B mode/not moving and was in B mode for his final scene but it was still an excellent attraction. Great storytelling and pacing. Multiple ride systems that all really shine and come together to make the sum greater than it’s parts. It was exactly 9:00 when we exited ROTR. In 3 hours we had ridden both attractions and had a meal in GE then went to meet up with the rest of our group who were on there way to the park. If you’re wondering if getting up before the sun comes up is worth it I have to say it most definitely is. Everything else we wanted to do in the park we had fast passes and ADRs for.

Overall the land to me is a winner. I was born the same year ANH came out and therefore grew up with Star Wars. I had been waiting for this moment for a long time and remember the initial announcement back in August of ‘15. The vibe and ambiance were great. The background sounds of ships coming and going made the place feel alive. I really felt like I had been dropped into one of the movies with ROTR really making you feel like you were in the middle of one of the iconic battles in the films. Sure the weather this morning wasn’t overly cooperative and we got pretty soaked even with ponchos but that could not put a damper on how we felt about the experience. Looking forward to coming back and exploring the land some more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom