News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
In order to save time, does anyone know if I can have the app already open and once I walk past a certain point the greyed out area to join a group becomes active or do I have to wait until I am in the park before opening the app so that it refreshes the boarding group options?

This morning my wife and I both had the app open with the page that has the "Join Boarding Group" button, but it was greyed out before we entered the park. After entering the park it was still greyed out for both of us. Refreshing the page didn't help. People around us were joining boarding groups, and it wasn't working for us. Going back a page didn't help. Then my wife went back a few pages, to pick our names again, and then the button became clickable. So be aware that if it isn't working you may have to go back a few pages in the app.

I'm just trying to get as much of an edge as I can while 2,000 other people are storming into the park and trying to join a boarding group at the same time.

Exactly .. messing around with the app for a few minutes could result in boarding hours later.

disneygeek90

We will be visiting Hollywood Studios several times next week. I understand that I need to be inside the park to join a boarding group. In order to save time, does anyone know if I can have the app already open and once I walk past a certain point the greyed out area to join a group becomes active or do I have to wait until I am in the park before opening the app so that it refreshes the boarding group options?

I'm just trying to get as much of an edge as I can while 2,000 other people are storming into the park and trying to join a boarding group at the same time.
If booking is available, the button to join will not be greyed out, regardless if you are in the park or not. If you're not in the park you'll just get an error after choosing the guests. My assumption is the second you scan into the park, MDE will register that you are in HS and will allow you to continue booking.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We will be visiting Hollywood Studios several times next week. I understand that I need to be inside the park to join a boarding group. In order to save time, does anyone know if I can have the app already open and once I walk past a certain point the greyed out area to join a group becomes active or do I have to wait until I am in the park before opening the app so that it refreshes the boarding group options?

I would suggest opening the app immediately after passing through the touch point. Unsure if it auto-refreshes, but I wouldn't count on it doing so. Good luck!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Look who's still hanging around the entrance to RotR.
20191205_163526.jpg

Last edited:

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Curious if they'll tweak the Stormtroopers. I think right now the movements are so subtle and interspersed, that for the short time you are in there it can be hard to notice? At least that's what I get from the videos.

I didn't notice any movement, as we were rushed through that room. I wish I had spent some more time looking around, but things were happening so quickly. The whole experience goes by very quickly, but in a good way, making me want to ride it again and again.

Boarding now through 90! While I wish I was there today, it has been fun tracking the progress. I'm entertaining the idea of attempting Saturday morning.

I will be in town starting tomorrow... was planning on waiting until Tue to attempt it, but my family wants to give it a shot Saturday as well. What time are you thinking of arriving Sat if you go for it?

Rob562

If they're supposedly standing at attention awaiting orders or monitoring the "prisoners" at that point in the story, I can't see why too much movement would be needed. It's a nice little detail to look for no doubt, but doesn't seem to take away if they're mostly standing idle.

I wonder if they could be programmed to "snap to attention" right after the shuttle doors open. That way for at least those who are watching as the doors open, you get a special moment that not everyone sees.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom