News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

ppete1975

Yeah, I’ve noticed that they seem to be pretty lax on the whole “no costumes” thing. I wear my tunic, belt, and boots all the time, and I’ve never been approached by a CM. I’ve seen a bunch of people like the ones in your picture: Reys, Obi-Wans, X-wing pilots, even a Lando or two. Heck, I had a CM tell me the other day that I could wear the Jedi robes in the parks if I wanted to. I’ve actually been really pleased that they kinda let people wear what they want as long as it doesn’t present an obvious security issue.
i think if you pay what they charge for the jedi robes you should be able to wear them in the parks, at least for the day. I can see not allowing you to come wearing a homemade jedi robe (not that different than wearing a trench coat.. is that allowed) in that i allows alot of area that security cant see what your doing or have on you and you have places for pockets etc that might not be picked up by metal detectors. Or maybe the robes were considered the same as full costumes where "guests might confuse you as a cast member" type idea.

twilight mitsuk

Yeah, I’ve noticed that they seem to be pretty lax on the whole “no costumes” thing. I wear my tunic, belt, and boots all the time, and I’ve never been approached by a CM. I’ve seen a bunch of people like the ones in your picture: Reys, Obi-Wans, X-wing pilots, even a Lando or two. Heck, I had a CM tell me the other day that I could wear the Jedi robes in the parks if I wanted to. I’ve actually been really pleased that they kinda let people wear what they want as long as it doesn’t present an obvious security issue.
It’s called security theather

disneygeek90

I've been following on Twitter and 99% are positive (most calling it amazing) and haven't seen any complaints about waiting or breakdowns. Based on about 500 posts I've read. Can't wait for January to ride.
There's no doubt that not needing to stand in an 8 hour physical queue with no restrooms/food etc is helping the overall guest satisfaction. It's less draining on the guest and I'd assume less stressful for the CM's. I think WDW has found the new solution to sorting out the first day crowds/ops for highly anticipated attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom